Logging a personal TB in a locationless cache

Egnix

IIRC locationless caches used to have a bogus set of coords posted...but looking around today that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. So I'm wondering if it would be possible to now log a personal TB into a locationless and not get some bogus milage added.

Any thoughts?

I think mileage for the user-entered coordinates should be credited for locationless cache entries, rather than the posted cache coordinates. (See my poll in the Geocaching.com Disscusion forum.) As far as I know, though, there isn't currently any way to log a travel bug into locationless cache without getting bogus mileage...and I won't hold my breath that it'll be changed anytime in the near future, either.

-------

"I may be slow, but at least I'm sweet!" 196939_800.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Zuckerruebensirup:

As far as I know, though, there isn't currently any way to log a travel bug into locationless cache without getting bogus mileage...and I won't hold my breath that it'll be changed anytime in the near future, either.

Guess I wasn't that clear in my orig post. Locationless caches no longer list coords. So, if they're truely non-existent, then you would think they wouldn't add milage to a bug. But if coords still do exist for that cache and just aren't displayed then I wouldn't be surprised to still see bogus milage added.

quote:
Originally posted by Egnix:

Guess I wasn't that clear in my orig post. Locationless caches no longer list coords. So, if they're truely non-existent, then you would think they wouldn't add milage to a bug. But if coords still do exist for that cache and just aren't displayed then I wouldn't be surprised to still see bogus milage added.

I'm pretty sure that the cache I tried to log was one that was created before the 'locationless' category existed. Although no coordinates are listed on the page, it still mentions a waypoint of GC505B and the state of South Carolina. (It looks like all locationless caches list a waypoint, but not necessarily a state. I'm not sure if there's a difference between the pre-existing vs. the newer ones, or if it just depends on whether the cache creater lists a state or not.) All I know, is that the one that I tried to log my travel bug into gave it a bunch of bogus miles, so I deleted the log and changed it to a note instead.