"Found a cache phrase"and win a geocoin!

JoenGPS

In South Jersey when we are on a cache hunt with a group, the first who finds the cache announces " I'm having coffee" after moving away from the cache location. The rest will search and "announce" as they find it and wait until the last person finds the cache (amongst some torment of course). What is your phrase? send Location (state and area) and phrase.

PM us and the subject should be : GeoPhrase

We will send an unactivated trackable geocoin to the most unique! You have until Sept 30 2010!..plenty of time!

We will be at Geocoinfest 2010 in MN and attempt to find a unique geocoin only available there for the prize!

:unsure:

Edited by JoenSue

Depends on who is caching along. With Fox it's usually a game of torture! If one of us finds it, we keep a strict poker face and pretend to be searching while trying to inconspicuously hide it even better! :unsure: With anyone else we usually just slowly wander away from the cache "searching" until others have a chance to find it, too.

I've never heard the phrase "I'm having coffee" by finding a cache, by the way hearing to have a special phrase is absolut new for me. :unsure:

...someone me met from the south said they use the phrase "I'm sitting".. we forget where that was. It's like the FTF in a group, pretty funny when your group caching as folks announce they found it but not giving up the location. Not so funny for the last person who finds it :)

When I cached with company we'd use the term "BikiBiki" (as coined by the Tikiguy) to confirm the goal had been discovered and now the finder can just gloat and smirk watching me, and others, run around in circles trying to catch up. The really evil ones would walk away from the location, hunt a while longer before announcing the find so their last location wouldn't be a giveaway.

We have one here in the Greater Charlotte, NC area when we have group hunts that is very similar to MustangJoni's term.

When one find the cache, they will walk away from the hide and wait several seconds then call out "HUCKLE-BUCKLE".

What's funny to the caller is that that's when the frantic search begins. Everyone usually goes to where the caller said it, but he/she has already walked away from the real hide.

With the Monday Musketeers, the first finder will slowly wander off a bit, continuing to look like they're still looking, and then sit down and not say a word. Eventually the rest of us see the one sitting and then the hunt begins in earnest. After 2 of us have found it, we'll wait a bit and then use "Hot" and "Cold" hints to guide the others in extremely close. They still have to find it themselves tho.

Whenever I was out in a group hunt, we always asked "Anyone looked over here?" Again, as H5 put it, we would have been long gone from the cache before saying anything! I've done this in Wisconsin, Illinois, Washington & Oregon. Ahhh... the good times...

~J

It has been borrowed and passed among the ranks here for some time.

The call is "HOOT" or "Hootie". I'm sure that some will step back and let others find it before the group signing sessions that ensue.

I Like the "are you BLIND?" one too! :)

With some of my friends here in Clovis, CA, after we discovered the phrase of huckle-buckle, which other people have mentioned, we modified it. So now if someone finds the cache, you'll hear anything from "huckle-buckle-blueberry pie" to "huckle-buckle-cherry-banana-float-with ice cream sundae and a cherry on top"- pretty much as many rhyming or other dessert type words that the finder can think of to add to huckle-buckle. I'm not even sure what huckle-buckle means or if it's related to desserts, but I guess when I first read about that term applied to geocaching, it made me think of huckleberry pie and so the theme just stuck. I've used variations of what might be said in logs over the years and will sometimes get asked what in the heck sort of game I was referring to!

We are a family of 5 and when we first started caching we were told we had to yell huckle-buckle. But once we got more into the sport we all came up with our own saying. Being from Louisiana and a HUGE football fan, mine became "Geaux Saints!!!". The wife says" Oh, there it is!!". My oldest stayed with "Huckle-buckle", the middle one just says whatever wierd thing that comes to mind, usually " Smokey smokey puff puff" or " Oly-oly-oxenfree", and the youngest just grabs the cache and says" I've got it!!!"

In Victoria, BC four our gang it goes something like this: "Got it!!" then louder "Got it!!!!!", since our heads are usually stuck in the bushes and we're all deaf. :laughing: Then we all "Woot!! and "Woot!!" Woot!!" some more, then we "Woot Woot!!" again. After-wards we all Do the Wave! Then it's "How could you possibly have walked right by that?" "I looked there" "Darn and I was looking right at that too" :wacko::blink::blink:

When we see muggles in our area we say "Duck's on the Pond". We usually say "Eureka!" when we find a hide. That is the motto of California where we live. It does not give away to anyone what we are up to and gives the other cachers in our group a chance to get in on the find. ;)

Love the "Ducks on the pond" ..."Eureka", pretty appropriate :blink:

Keep'm coming.....

The other phrase I use... "can you please sign the log for me." ;) Doesn't really matter if anyone has found it or if we are even by a cache... figured I might get some free finds out of it sometime! :)

..we remeber that, no wonder you have more than 1k... :blink:

hmm.... so if I understtod well you want our code words or saying we use! :D

Well.... there are no other cachers here in Rhodes, and I am only caching with my sister and my brother in law, or with my father! All are under my codename! :) We are a team! My father is helping too!

I have been for caching with a frend of mine, a cacher from Germany but I didn't use any of the codes... he wouldn't understand them anyway! :blink:

when I am with my sister and my brother in law, we have some phrases to communicate....

when we see a group of muggles or tourists... we use to say... the sheeps are in the sheepfold! of course we say that in greek... "τα γιδια μπηκαν στο μαντρι" . The exact translation is talking about goats, but we mean sheep.... Groups with a guide are like sheeps with the shephard.... :D No offense, ok? we say that because you can not go anywhere you want but only where the guide takes you...

the sheepfold is the cache area of course! ;)

If there are only a few or one.... we say... "watch for the bees"

when we found the cache... we usually say "OPA" (greek) or.... "and the oscar goes to...."

If we do not find it... except from some "french" I say "Houston we have a problem"

I used that saying a lot! I remember once when I was in Leros island! My uncle who has a bold was sleeping on the chair and a moskito when on his head! when it landed on the bold area my uncle woke up and with his hand tried to kill the moskito! I was seeing all that and I accidently said loud... Houston we have a problem!!! He looked at me strangely but my sister loughed so much! My uncle realised why I said that (he was many years in Australia so..) but he didn't even say a word! Oh boy!!! :)

anyway.... after I log and leaving the area.. many times I say... "Elvis has left the building"! I heard that from an old video clpi of a song that dolls that looked a lot like humans were playing!!! Actually there were even movies with these dolls....

when I am with my father... I have an other code...only to warn him about muggles!

Just because he is taking me with his motorcycle... we go close to the cache but when I see a muggle there... I just say to my father...

"Oh... your bike just broke down... again" This is a signal that he has to stop there and we will start doing like the bike has a problem and we try to fix it... we always put the bike in a way that we can always watch the area and the cache.... :P

As you can see... we and mostly me.. use many strange or funny phrases...

I have others but.... :P Ok... here are a couple to see...

When I hear strange sounds coming from others... ( ;) ) I hope you understood... But they didn't want it.... I usually say... Oh... it will rain... I am hearing thunders....

If we are in the nature... outside.... I usually ask.... who stepped on a frog??? :P

hmm.... so if I understtod well you want our code words or saying we use! :)

When I hear strange sounds coming from others... ( ;) ) I hope you understood... But they didn't want it.... I usually say... Oh... it will rain... I am hearing thunders....

If we are in the nature... outside.... I usually ask.... who stepped on a frog??? :blink:

:P ....not quite what we were looking for but this is way to funny to pass up.. :P

Edited by JoenSue

We don't really use a phrase but we make a little sound which will be really hard to describe but I'll give it a go...*nasal voice* "AH-OOO-AH". It is typically said quickly as one would say "neener neener neener" though it really isn't meant as a put down, e.g., 'I'm the best cause I got it first!', more as a celebratory exclamation of joy.

If muggles are about we typically say it to each other (if we remain undetected) under our breath as we are leaving GZ, like a high five.

Don't ask me how this started. I blame my sister. :blink:

hmm.... so if I understtod well you want our code words or saying we use! :P

When I hear strange sounds coming from others... ( :P ) I hope you understood... But they didn't want it.... I usually say... Oh... it will rain... I am hearing thunders....

If we are in the nature... outside.... I usually ask.... who stepped on a frog??? :)

:P ....not quite what we were looking for but this is way to funny to pass up.. ;)

:blink:

You know... some greek foods... like the beensoup we call fasolada, brings lots of frogs near us! ;)

Edited by GATOULIS

When I go with my group, what we say depends on where the cache is located. Our favorite phrase is "Saints preserve us!" said with a very loud and abrasive Irish accent (comes out as, "SAINTS PARSARVUS"). The most memorable use of this phrase was when we finally spotted a cache suspended from a tree branch 30 feet or so from the ground. It was repeated more urgently and at a higher frequency the farther above the ground I climbed. Needless to say, the saints did indeed preserve me, as I did not fall to my death or become impaled on a tree branch :P . After that, the phrase became a sort of good luck ritual for when we found caches that were dangerous to obtain.

OK..We are back from Geocoinfest 2010 in MN. Last chance to come up with the best caching phrase (When you spot a cache) while out group caching. As explained previously, in NJ we say " I'm having coffee" after walking away from the hide and then tormenting the group until the last finder. We see a couple of good phrases in the previous post.

The Winner will be sent this years 2010 Geocoinfest coin!

Sept 30 is last call!

Let's hear em' :anicute:

JoenSue

Edited by JoenSue

Glad you reposted again because I forgot about this thread.

Here's a new one I'll bet no one on here has used or heard of. Hard to sing on a post, but does anyone know the the old tune:

"Peeeanuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter

and Jelly

Peeeanuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter

and Jelly!"

Here's how it goes, similar to the hucklebuckle call. The first person that finds it, walks away and then starts saying (most of time they would sing it) "Peanuuuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter ........ Peanuuuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter ........." (without the "and Jelly" part) the frantic search ensues by the others, while the first finder continues the chant, until til the second person finds it, grabs it and holds it up and yells out "AND JELLY!" All others don't get the opportunity to see it hidden which makes the mad rush even funnier.

This is hilarious! You have to try it sometime.

"Peanuuuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter........." :anicute:

Glad you reposted again because I forgot about this thread.

Here's a new one I'll bet no one on here has used or heard of. Hard to sing on a post, but does anyone know the the old tune:

"Peeeanuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter

and Jelly

Peeeanuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter

and Jelly!"

Here's how it goes, similar to the hucklebuckle call. The first person that finds it, walks away and then starts saying (most of time they would sing it) "Peanuuuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter ........ Peanuuuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter ........." (without the "and Jelly" part) the frantic search ensues by the others, while the first finder continues the chant, until til the second person finds it, grabs it and holds it up and yells out "AND JELLY!" All others don't get the opportunity to see it hidden which makes the mad rush even funnier.

This is hilarious! You have to try it sometime.

"Peanuuuuuuuuut, Peanut Butter........." :)

...we just googled it and found the song....LOL...

...itunes store, search Peanut Butter

and Jelly!" ...about the 6th one down... :anicute: (there are quite a few versions but your description above zeroed us in)

Depends on who I'm caching with!

If I'm with Trio-4 ... then "Found it" and "Daaaadddddddy, Can you grab that for me cause ... Eww" may generally be heard (I've gotten better about dirt and buggies, but gotta give dad the chance to play knight in shining armor)

When caching with fellow local cachers it's usually "No need for a flashlight on this one ... It's right there"

If I'm the last to find it ... an "I hate you" and "I'm going to the dark side ... they'll show me the cache AND give me cookies" can be heard throughout the woods.

Bump - Tomorrow Sept. 30th ..last day for a try. We have a core group of South Jersey Geocachers that will vote for the best phrase! Good luck! :laughing:

Emm... I have the feeling that tomorrow will be September 29! :D

Do you have exclusive info that we will skip the day? :) I am kinding my friend! :)

Bump - Tomorrow Sept. 30th ..last day for a try. We have a core group of South Jersey Geocachers that will vote for the best phrase! Good luck! :laughing:

Emm... I have the feeling that tomorrow will be September 29! :laughing:

Do you have exclusive info that we will skip the day? :laughing: I am kinding my friend! :D

...gotta get this time machine fixed soon :laughing:

Emm... I have the feeling that tomorrow will be September 29! :laughing:

Do you have exclusive info that we will skip the day? :laughing: I am kinding my friend! :D

...gotta get this time machine fixed soon :laughing:

Here, let me help you with that! (now I get to open it first!)