Lost....Garmin Oregon 450

CanyonHiker17

Not sure if this is the place for this, so apologies in advance. My Garmin Oregon 450 was lost today, most likely location is the Metate trail head parking lot at the Granite Basin Recreation Area in Prescott, AZ. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll never see this again, but just putting this out there. Be that as it may, the silver lining to this misfortune is that I was never all that crazy about the poor screen readability of the Oregon 450 in sunlight. Maybe it's some sort of weird Karma that's telling me to buy something else instead. :unsure:

Edited by CanyonHiker17
Not sure if this is the place for this, so apologies in advance. My Garmin Oregon 450 was lost today, most likely location is the Metate trail head parking lot at the Granite Basin Recreation Area in Prescott, AZ. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll never see this again, but just putting this out there. Be that as it may, the silver lining to this misfortune is that I was never all that crazy about the poor screen readability of the Oregon 450 in sunlight. Maybe it's some sort of weird Karma that's telling me to buy something else instead. :unsure:
Sorry to hear that. Have you posted to the Southwest forum yet?

On the "bright" side (sorry about the sun pun), there is no better time to grab the Holy Grail, a 60CSx before they're gone. About $200, I believe. I traded a Colorado in for it after about a month, and have had zero regrets. I do paperless with a $150 Nuvi.

Sorry to hear that. Have you posted to the Southwest forum yet?

On the "bright" side (sorry about the sun pun), there is no better time to grab the Holy Grail, a 60CSx before they're gone. About $200, I believe. I traded a Colorado in for it after about a month, and have had zero regrets. I do paperless with a $150 Nuvi.

Wow....what a deal! I've been thinking of an upgrade but unfortunately can't swing even the $200 for this....was going to be a present for myself this Christmas. Are they not making them any longer or are you just talking about the price?

As far as the OT, I've also been told to have your phone number or something in the GPS as a surprising number are returned that way.