Best Cache Series You've Done

I am fairly new to cache hiding, and while I've done a couple of "this place needs a cache" type hides, Ive found that I love cache series so thats what I would like to focus my hides around.

Im finishing up a series now that highlights local people and places that have become famous but I want to do more. So heres the question:

What is the best cache series youve done or thought of and why?

Here is my favorite series. http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...e5-75863ed45b4a

It's the MMC (Micro Master Cache) series, basically the best of the best micro hiders came together and each hid a quality micro. Some are unique takes on just average containers, others are a unique container itself. They are hidden within a 30 miles circle. This series is what makes me love micro's! Most are black and boring, but with the MMC series it makes them better then most ammo cans! I haven't found all 15 but I have done nothing but been trying to find these for the last 2 - 3 months. I rarely spend any time in at other caches then these... I'm going to stay this way until I find them all! I hope they make a sequel (But pick a new group of 15 great micro hiders so it doesn't get stale). If they don't soon I'll think about organizing one!

One question though... Would any of the micro haters out there actually do this series? I mean you are guaranteed good micro's and most are in the woods and quite large... And they are in great parks too... So would you micro haters actually do this?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and when you find all the micros you get the coordinates to a giant ammo box!

Edited by Coldgears

" It's A Number " 1 through 60.

Along Gilman Rd. along the McCloud River arm of Lake Shasta in north central Calif.

Something for everyone: easy-peasy micros, some gnash your teeth peskies, some simple hikes of variable duration and the final five caches up the N.W. flank of Bollibooka mountain with the final three caches being total grueling gut buster hikes.

Best experience for me was the "Lost" series dedicated to the TV show. It was awesome because each cache was an ammo can and was themed to a particular part of the island....i.e. "The Swan"....The Hydra"...etc. The cans had the Dharma symbols painted on them with each theme as well. Inside were PLENTY of associated items (Like a replica of Hurley's winning lotto ticket.....or the Boarding pass to flight 815....a ping pong paddle and ball with Dharma symbols on them...etc). Not only that, but I was the FTF on each of the hides. SWEET and memorable because I did them all with my daughter too!

Edited by Casting Crowns

I am fairly new to cache hiding, and while I've done a couple of "this place needs a cache" type hides, Ive found that I love cache series so thats what I would like to focus my hides around.

Im finishing up a series now that highlights local people and places that have become famous but I want to do more. So heres the question:

What is the best cache series youve done or thought of and why?

The only series I have completed is The Dalles Dash, put out by the Chamber Of Commerce for The Dalles Oregon. They put out 12 caches in interesting areas of the town, each cache has its own passphrase written on the inside cover. If you bring all 12 passphrases into the Chamber Of Commerce you get a unique geocoin.

That geocoin is now the prize in my geocaching collection :unsure:

There is a 106 cache "BattleShip Series" in southeastern Wisconsin. It's played just like the boardgame Battleship. There are 100 caches hidden and as you find them each one is marked as a HIT or a MISS. Each HIT gives you parts of additional coordinates to find an extra cache for each ship you sink. Once you've sunk all five ships you will also have the coordinates for the entire series finale. Lots of fun!!

I also love the disapearing-reappearing RR blues series in Oregon. Very cool cache series.

Another series I did part of was the mobster hideouts in Las Vegas, called Las Vegas Mob History. Loved that one.

I have a series called The Great Plank Road. Five caches take you ten miles from near downtown Portland to outside of Beaverton and trace the old wooden plank road that was laid down in the mid 1800's. I varied the sizes of the caches, and all have old photos inside that depict logging and how the area looked in the 1800's. Most people who have done the series seem to like it.

Best experience for me was the "Lost" series dedicated to the TV show. It was awesome because each cache was an ammo can and was themed to a particular part of the island....i.e. "The Swan"....The Hydra"...etc. The cans had the Dharma symbols painted on them with each theme as well. Inside were PLENTY of associated items (Like a replica of Hurley's winning lotto ticket.....or the Boarding pass to flight 815....a ping pong paddle and ball with Dharma symbols on them...etc). Not only that, but I was the FTF on each of the hides. SWEET and memorable because I did them all with my daughter too!

Where is this series???

The best series I've done is the Tubular Series in Seattle.

They are all creative caches that you have to do something to get the caches out.

Such as they were the first who had you pour water into it to have the cache float to the top.

One you take the batteries out of your GPS and put them across the two terminals at the top of the tube, and the cache is lowered out the bottom.

I won't tell you about the rest. You've got to do it yourself.

That plane wreck series is interesting but creepy.

On one had I'd love to see it,

On the other, it really makes you wonder who died there.

Would be nice if they had memorial plaques or something

While not the best... I do like the LOST themed series "we" develop. I say "we" as it is obvious this is a sock puppet account to make it more interesting.

Fun puzzle caches that build on each other and that try to glean something from LOST is what we try to do. I realize that given it is Phase II... we can go whatever direction we want.

Namaste!

Hands down, my all time favorite, the FBZ A.P.E. series consisting of 7 individual caches spread widely throughout San Diego county.

Each cache stands on its own but provides hints to the final (can be found in any order). Mostly ammo cans, there are numerous props within, along with many associated Geocoins and travelbug directly related to the series.

The series even has its own, very complex, web page, the Forbidden zone. Here, you can amass points which equate to rank, as you progress with each cache found.

The owner has put in an amazing amount of time, effort, and cash, creating and maintaining this super series. I never met the CO, but he is very helpful when requesting help/advice.

One of my favorites is the MST3K Series, one of which is Satellite of Love (GC26R5N). The CO is a fan of the television show Mystery Science Theatre, and his extremely creative caches reflect characters from the show. The caches are stand alone letterbox hybrids -- each with its own handcarved stamp. They are spread over 5 or so counties and two states. Way to go, MSTzilla!

We also have a Battleship Series in the Chicagoland area (done by zzephyr). Twenty-six (including the final which you have to get the coordinates from by doing all 25 of the pre-final caches) caches spread out all over Chicagoland and out into the "countryside". Lots of traveling to get to these caches as they are spread out all over the place, but they are all in forest preserves that I never knew existed (for the most part). That's one of the things I love about caching--take me to places I never knew existed! In addition, the CO actually makes you WALK to find them (no easy PnGs or locations closer than 800' to parking --at least not on the ones I have found so far). Bushwhacking of various degrees is also a given. This is my favorite form of exercise, so I prefer to do "park once" caching. He also maintains each of the caches VERY well (no wet logbooks or filthy containers, etc.) He also has really nicely printed game cards in each cache in case someone decides to start the series at any particular cache. I've only done 9 so far, but plan on doing the whole series. Just lots of driving that's slowing me down a bit. Fortunately he places them in the woods with plenty of other caches around, so it's not just driving all over to get just his one cache.

Did a few that were fun, though most would probably qualify as challenges.

Love the Nørrebro series, which took us through our favourite part of Copenhagen, good selection of mysteries, regulars and multies, and good location information. Still two missing though.

Various mural painting or statue mysteries dedicated to various parts of town were great as well. As well as solving the big questions mark in the water SW of Copenhagen. We still have to pick all up though as they are placed not quite in our usual cycling direction.

Det Danske Alfabet was a lot of fun: finding caches with every letter of the Danish alphabet.

And Rogaland Rundt: find a cache in every of the 26 community of Rogaland, in Norway. Some communities only consist of a small island, others had such small saturation that you had to do a serious mountain hike.

And the first Qatar power(line) trail was great! Endless long ride through the desert to pick up three caches along some power cable towers in an ever changing landscape. I think there are 3 more caches now. I hope we can do them one day.