Puzzle Bugs

Dru Morgan

I have launched the first two of my puzzle themed bugs. I love those lateral thinking type puzzles that you have to try to take apart or get the metal ring off. But, when you have solved them, the fun is to pass them on to friends. Well, friends, I have passed two on in what I hope will be a long series of puzzle bugs. Right now, they are in Southern California with no goals other than to amuse/entertain/frustrate the lucky/unlucky cacher that happens to pick them up. If this is your idea of fun, then be sure to be on the lookout for Bilateral and Trilateral.

stealyourcache.jpg

Everywhere that cache is found,

Bound to Cover Just a Little More Ground.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

I had the same idea a few weeks ago, and you put it into play before I did.

I just dropped Puzzle Bug #1, and will probably do at least 2 more. I think people should have fun with them.

Because you can remove part of the puzzle to solve it, I'm worried that the bug may lose that piece, but I'm only mildly worried. If someone solves it, but can't get the piece back on and puts it into a cache separated, then there could be a problem. Hopefully not.

Hope you don't mind if I share your idea doing my own puzzle bugs.

Dougc

I think I'll probably do 2 or 3 more of the puzzle bugs. I have about 20 of these puzzles, but I'm not willing to part with all of them. icon_smile.gif

I'll probably do one with a goal of being solved on the East Coast, and I can do another with a goal being solved on the west coast, maybe that one will show up near you eventually.

Dougc

I think I'll probably do 2 or 3 more of the puzzle bugs. I have about 20 of these puzzles, but I'm not willing to part with all of them. icon_smile.gif

I'll probably do one with a goal of being solved on the East Coast, and I can do another with a goal being solved on the west coast, maybe that one will show up near you eventually.

Dougc

I just dropped off my Puzzle Bug #2 travel bug.

I have Puzzle Bug #3 almost ready to go. I think I'll only do those 3 to start with and see how they fare. These puzzles are about $15 each, and so I'm a little nervous about making them travel bugs -- that's kind of a lot to lose.

I think they'd be really cool to find in a cache, though. I suppose that as long as a few people have fun with it, it was worth it.

Dougc

Send those bad boys out here, and I'll try to send mine your way. Maybe if we ever get a hold of each others, we can hook up and switch and start over.

I have released Bilateral and Trilateral. The first is easy (two rings) and has been solved and returned to a cache. The second has not been attmepted. I am afraid to release the third quadrilateral. It might be too much for someone who is not ready for the challenge. I think people out here are just too scared to try my puzzles out. (A direct challenge slipped in there, in case you missed it icon_wink.gif)

Well, I like the idea and will update my puzzles goals to make it your way.

stealyourcache.jpg

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills

One man gathers what another man spills - St. Stephen (on caching)

Send those bad boys out here, and I'll try to send mine your way. Maybe if we ever get a hold of each others, we can hook up and switch and start over.

I have released Bilateral and Trilateral. The first is easy (two rings) and has been solved and returned to a cache. The second has not been attmepted. I am afraid to release the third quadrilateral. It might be too much for someone who is not ready for the challenge. I think people out here are just too scared to try my puzzles out. (A direct challenge slipped in there, in case you missed it icon_wink.gif)

Well, I like the idea and will update my puzzles goals to make it your way.

stealyourcache.jpg

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills

One man gathers what another man spills - St. Stephen (on caching)

quote:
Originally posted by The Heavenly Host:

Sounds good. I had a template for the bug's description, and I sorta forgot to add the part about getting west.

I just bought another tavern puzzle on ebay (I already have it in my collection, but I don't want to part with mine) so once I receive it in the mail, I'll create puzzle bug #3 and send him west. What city in particular? I'll add that in.

I live about 30 miles south of Salt Lake City, so if you change yours to say "Any cache near Lehi, Utah" then I might find it easier, or one of my local buddies might run into it.

Lehi isn't that big of a town, but with the nearby towns (within a 10 mile radius) we have a surprizingly high number of caches. I'd say about 30-40.

Bilateral and Trilateral look interesting, but I'd really love to get my hands on the quadrilateral. That one looks like a good challenge.

Dougc