Called Cabela's today and..........

Please let us know ALL about these units......it would be great to do field tests side by side with a 60 CSx.

In addition to speed and accuracy it would be good to know about the paperless/field notes functions.

The 60 CSx has a quirky compass that often needs to be field calibrated.......I'm interested in the function of the 3-axis on the 62s.

Two questions :

1. Are you getting the City Nav on a micro SD card ?

2. If you get the City Nav on a micro SD card can you use the card for other storage ?

Please let us know ALL about these units......it would be great to do field tests side by side with a 60 CSx.

In addition to speed and accuracy it would be good to know about the paperless/field notes functions.

The 60 CSx has a quirky compass that often needs to be field calibrated.......I'm interested in the function of the 3-axis on the 62s.

Two questions :

1. Are you getting the City Nav on a micro SD card ?

2. If you get the City Nav on a micro SD card can you use the card for other storage ?

Hey Bam, I'll try my best to get you a report. But this is my first GPS, so i have nothing to compare it to and I am fairly new to this Geocaching. I did own a 60csx for a day but returned it because I found out that the 62 was coming out with paperless caching, so I held out till the 62 hit the shelves.

I am not getting the City Nav. I plan on getting it someday.

Hey Bam, I got the equivalent in the 78s and used it when I did the abbreviated run on the Hang'em High series and View Carre. It is extremely fast to acquire a fix when you turn it on. New it had a fix inside the building in two minutes. Now it will have a fix in a building or vehicle in about 15 seconds. The compass works fine. Paperless functions seems to be similar to what I have seen from the Oregon although I have never used one. You can print out the cache logs and field notes using the word or notebook program. I even opted for the Birdseye for one year. I have also tried importing some custom maps thru Google Earth and that function works good. Should be the same system as the 62 except in a different case. If you have any questions send me an email or PM me on MSGA since I will check that one more often.