Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madison Cox

What does PAF mean?

11 posts in this topic

:) I can't figure it out.

Phone a Friend.

A really great way to get help when searching for especially tough hides.

Of course it is important that the friend have found the cache before you contact him. :)

Edited by Team Cotati

I always thought it was 'Phone A Friend'. What's the context?

I always thought it was 'Phone A Friend'. What's the context?

to get a clue where the cache is, if they did find it already

Edited by t4e

:rolleyes: I can't figure it out.

Phone a Friend.

Of course it is important that the friend have found the cache before you contact him. :rolleyes:

And sometime called:

CLYMAL

Cheat Like Your Mama Ain't Lookin'

And sometime called:

CLYMAL

Or not.

Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation - at least that's how I use the term every day...

:rolleyes: I can't figure it out.

Phone a Friend.

Of course it is important that the friend have found the cache before you contact him. :rolleyes:

And sometime called:

CLYMAL

That sort of depends on what your friend tells you. I've only used a PAF a couple of times. In once case it was on a puzzle cache where it was pretty obvious that I had transposed some numbers and called someone that had solved and found it to get the correct coordinates.

In another case, I was searching an area about 30 miles from home, about .5 a mile from the nearest road and the hint made it pretty clear what kind of object I should be looking for. However, it looked like a bulldozer had recently gone through the area so I called someone to confirm that they found it in a tree described in the hint that I just wasn't seeing. As it turned out, I found the cache after discovering that the tree had been knocked down and the cache was partially under it. The best part of that PAF was the person I called was on vacation at the time on the beach and was being buried in sand by her kids.

Sometimes, it is just a 'cacher' that wants numbers and continously uses PAF after 30 fruitless seconds on a cache.

They are easy to spot in the logs. They have a long sring of caches found quickly that took everyone else a long time to find.