Is $16.50 a good Price For a 30cal Ammo Can?

Is $16.50 a good Price For a 30cal Ammo Can? Or should I spend $3.50 more and get and 50cal?

(Canadian Dollars... which actually is basically on par with the american dollar)

I Have bought a $6USD Ammo can $6USD is chep fot a ammo can*

No 16.50CD is not cheap if you have US money order a ammo can over the internet for $9USD**

Disclaimers:

* Sorry For Typos

** I Have No Idea How Much CD Is worth

Is $16.50 a good Price For a 30cal Ammo Can? Or should I spend $3.50 more and get and 50cal?

(Canadian Dollars... which actually is basically on par with the american dollar)

$9 at the Army Surplus Store, here in Kitchener Ontario

don't bother ordering online, even if it seems cheap they will charge you an arm and a leg in shipping, they are somewhat heavy and bulky

Edited by t4e

This $16.50 ammo can is at an army surplus store...

Tell the store that you can get them cheaper at other surplus stores (when you have the names). Then see if they will come down on their price to compete with the others. Then you'll have someplace local to get your supplies.

YIKES!

I thought $8.50 was exorbitant.

Yes, and no. I do think that $16.50 (Canadian) is exorbitant compared to what we usually pay, but (and do NOT let this leak outside of this forum) I really think that even $16.50 is pretty darned cheap for such a well made piece of hardware these days.

are ammo cans legal to carry over the border?

Try it. And let us know how it goes and remember to post photos.

LOL.

I honestly would not try it. I might try emailing the border authority and asking them how to do it without a cavity search first. It could be done.

I certainly wouldn't try to hide the ammo can to get it across the border (not suggesting you would).

Go to the source. Ask them.

YIKES!

I thought $8.50 was exorbitant.

Yes, and no. I do think that $16.50 (Canadian) is exorbitant compared to what we usually pay, but (and do NOT let this leak outside of this forum) I really think that even $16.50 is pretty darned cheap for such a well made piece of hardware these days.

You appear to have a problem with your eye. Better get it checked out before you lose a limb.

They most likely cost more in Canada because they are American ammo cans. Does the Canadian military have their own ammo cans? Does Canada actually have a military? :rolleyes:

Why would you ask such an insulting thing?

And it shows your ignorance of world history.

I had little respect for you before and even less now.

Edited by brslk

They most likely cost more in Canada because they are American ammo cans. Does the Canadian military have their own ammo cans? Does Canada actually have a military? :rolleyes:

Relax, the comment was from watching too much South Park. :rolleyes:

Relax, the comment was from watching too much South Park. :rolleyes:

No, I will not relax. You made a foolish comment and to justify it by saying it was from watching too much south park is not an excuse for your comment. Next you will be saying it was OK because you used a smiley.

Dunno bout you but I don't ridicule countries based on a cartoon.

I have friends and family that have died along side of American soldiers in battle.

You certainly stand up to your name.

Edited by brslk

I heard there are more submarines at the West Edmonton Mall than in the entire Canadian Navy.

Oh great... now you are giving out military secrets...

It's not really a secret. They told me that when I was boarding the submarine in the mall.

You have been or are here?

I heard there are more submarines at the West Edmonton Mall than in the entire Canadian Navy.

Oh great... now you are giving out military secrets...

It's not really a secret. They told me that when I was boarding the submarine in the mall.

You have been or are here?

Well I'm not there NOW...

Good thing. Did you like it here? And more importantly... have you seen the stupid billboards about Alberta in Portland?

And this has gone way off topic.

Bitsen loves my hometown... 4wheel fool hasn't a clue but ammo cans vary in price from location to location.

Edited by brslk

Good thing. Did you like it here? And more importantly... have you seen the stupid billboards about Alberta in Portland?

Bitsen loves my hometown... 4wheel fool hasn't a clue but ammo cans vary in price from location to location.

It was OK.

It was really pretty driving into town as the snow was just slowing down to flurries. I crested the edge of the plateau and saw all the sparkly lights reflecting off the newly fallen snow.

And then it all melted the next day and reminded me of every stinking winter in portlad where there's snow one day and barely slush left over the next.

I did notice something interesting though that shouldn't be passed over. It seems like a trend that the average size of female posterior seems to increase the further away from the equator that you go and Edmonton is pretty far North compared to, say, Los Angeles.

Haven't seen the Alberta billboards but if they show a scantily clad svelte woman, it's a lie. ~L

Really?

And how could that occur? :rolleyes:

I would think if you had the sense "god" gave you, that you would walk away from this thread.

And why is that?

Canada is the second largest country in area on the planet. However, the military is ranked 74th..

It appears that the military is very tiny in proportion to the country's size.

You can get get upset with me all you want about it, but I don't have anything to do with it. :rolleyes:

You can get them cheaper in other places, but you are not in other places, and shipping is expensive, so I'd pay the $16.50 :rolleyes:

A lot of folks in this forum are US, and the Americans have a much closer relationship with guns then Canadians do (I speak as a Canadian living in the American south so I know this first hand). Their military is much larger than ours , and the average citizen has more guns, so they go through a lot more ammo. As a result there are more ammo cans around which drops the price by a large margin. So don't be surprised that they can get them cheaper than you. Factor in shipping and your price is probably a lot cheaper than it is here.

If you can get to the US, bringing an empty can back is perfectly legal. Really its just a well made metal box. It is probably not worth the effort unless you are buying a lot of them and/or are going anyway.

As for whether you should get a 30cal or 50cal it depends on what you are doing with it. If you are using it for a cache container it probably doesn't matter. If you are using it for a storage container getting the larger size is probably worth it.

I use a plastic Sportsman's Dry Box which is quite nice. Better than an ammo can in all ways except that if you drop them on rocks they can break.

Wal-Mart and Academy Sports here in Alabama sell them for $8 but I see that they're twice that on Amazon.com

Maybe the price went up since I last bought some but double doesn't make sense.

http://www.amazon.com/MTM%C2%AE-Sportsmans...n/dp/B001C641VA

Find a list of dealers in Canada here - http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/dealer.php

41dE8XZd81L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

They most likely cost more in Canada because they are American ammo cans. Does the Canadian military have their own ammo cans? Does Canada actually have a military? ;)

Relax, the comment was from watching too much South Park. :D

That was intended to increase respect for you? :rolleyes::rolleyes: FAIL!

:lol:

It was OK.

It was really pretty driving into town as the snow was just slowing down to flurries. I crested the edge of the plateau and saw all the sparkly lights reflecting off the newly fallen snow.

And then it all melted the next day and reminded me of every stinking winter in portlad where there's snow one day and barely slush left over the next.

I did notice something interesting though that shouldn't be passed over. It seems like a trend that the average size of female posterior seems to increase the further away from the equator that you go and Edmonton is pretty far North compared to, say, Los Angeles.

Haven't seen the Alberta billboards but if they show a scantily clad svelte woman, it's a lie. ~L

Edmonton, north of LA? I'm gonna require proof of that one.

They most likely cost more in Canada because they are American ammo cans. Does the Canadian military have their own ammo cans? Does Canada actually have a military? :D

Relax, the comment was from watching too much South Park. :)

That was intended to increase respect for you? :rolleyes::lol: FAIL!

;)

B)

I actually have not watched it in several years, as more than a few episodes have gone too far.

He's just most likely still upset because I posted the pic of the girl in his Netlog profile awhile ago. :rolleyes: