using the TB copy

allian&dad

There's a couple of problems.

Deleting all the logs on the travel bugs will not subtract the miles travelled. If the original bugs had 2000 miles on them, even if you clear everything off the list, the miles will still be there.

What happens if the original bugs turn up? Unlikely, but possible. If that happens, then you've got TWO of these things out there potentially REALLY screwing things up.

If those two problems don't really matter to you, then go for it.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

What will it really hurt, and leave the original logs as well. That is what I have done. I paid for the dog tags, and since one got lost I used the other in it's place. And if that gets lost too... I'll make my own tag and put the number on it. In reality, you are paying the $ for the tracking capability service provided. IMHO anyway.

You're not pull startin' a dadgum lawnmower, squeeze the trigger!

[This message was edited by Saito on December 31, 2002 at 07:26 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Saito:

Send the copies out

What will it really hurt...

Nothing icon_biggrin.gif, Its just that the really nice thing about TBs (as you even point out) is the ease of tracking an item's movement with the serial number. If one of the MIA items turns up after you released a new one, you will no longer be tracking a single item as it moves from place to place. But rather total distances between one items' new location and the last known location of its duplicate, and vice versa. Which isn't easy to fix icon_frown.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg