Cool Bug

Rockdoctors

Could Geocaching Astronauts be far off? See this site: http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/gsfc/technology/issgps/issgps.htm

Looks like the GPS is already in place! Actually, I was trying to find a more recent web article which talks about the 4 GPS antennas that were installed in April of this year. (See GPS World magazine, June 2002 for more) So next time you can't find a cache, check the altitude! If it shows 210 miles straight up & moving at a couple thousand miles an hour, you know where your cache is! But don't worry, it'll be back around in an hour and a half! icon_biggrin.gif

Could Geocaching Astronauts be far off? See this site: http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/gsfc/technology/issgps/issgps.htm

Looks like the GPS is already in place! Actually, I was trying to find a more recent web article which talks about the 4 GPS antennas that were installed in April of this year. (See GPS World magazine, June 2002 for more) So next time you can't find a cache, check the altitude! If it shows 210 miles straight up & moving at a couple thousand miles an hour, you know where your cache is! But don't worry, it'll be back around in an hour and a half! icon_biggrin.gif

It would be cool for sure. Your right, it could take time though. One of the Astronaughts would have to be into geocaching big time. Imagine if it were you - the day of your takeoff. Are you going to think of some travel bug to throw in your luggage the day you leave. Whats the incentive?? ANy feedback?? I think they would do it if they were already a serious geocacher, or they were doing it for someone with special needs.