Love is...

Open_Space

Ammo Boxes! After starting geocaching a week ago, I started talking about making some caches, and yesterday I came home to 4 Ammo boxes sitting on the kitchen table so I just had to share! :) Big brownie points for Mr Wonderful! Now if only some of the mosquitos here would just die off we can go outside again!

Ammo boxes are always fun, but may I suggest a few things....

I know you are probably really anxious about going out and hiding it, but I would tell you to find some more caches to get a feel of how caches are placed out there in Texas before you hide your own.

Paint the ammo box a flat color that is close to the color of the surroundings. This will help make the cache last, at least paint or sand off any military writing on it.

Write on the outside of it,"Official Geocache". This usually keeps it from being blown up.

Don't mention in the cache's page that it's an ammo can. This just invites some a-hole to come steal it.

Fill the can with a lot of swag, it doesn't have to be real expensive items. It's always a let down (particularly for kids) to find an empty ammo can.

And finally hide it in a place where the finders won't be spotted when they sit there for a few minutes. Ammo cans, when found, are placed out in the open while they are searched through and the log is signed. this can look suspect to muggles if they are sighted.

Good luck :)