10 years of caching in SA

CapeDoc

Thanks Doc for a great day and memorable caching experience.

I concur. It will be a couple of days before I get through logging all the finds from this weekend away. So let my just add my thanks to CapeDoc and his team for a memorable event. Despite the temperature and humidity everybody made it and enjoyed the hike and the picnic thereafter.

My thanks also to Damhuisclan for being my transport while I have been here. It was great being with you these past two days and safe travel back tomorrow. I look forward to your input and teaching at the next Gauteng techno event.

Hi one and all.

I have had a chat to Jors, and we will be getting together, for a glass of bubbly, at his cache GCZA01.2 (GC1RNAY) on Sunday afternoon at around 3PM, to commemorate the first cache find in South Africa.

It is far to late to make an event out of it, but we do hope to see a few extra faces around.

Hope some of the Gautengers can make it.

Hi one and all.

I have had a chat to Jors, and we will be getting together, for a glass of bubbly, at his cache GCZA01.2 (GC1RNAY) on Sunday afternoon at around 3PM, to commemorate the first cache find in South Africa.

It is far to late to make an event out of it, but we do hope to see a few extra faces around.

I'll see you on the 16th, around 3PM, thanks DamhuisClan!

It would be great to see many more cachers there, even though it won't be an event.

Link:

GCZA01.2

We also like them! Only worry is that they are a little too pretty - will probably make them sought after "unofficial collectibles" @#$*!! I've seen many good looking GCs gone missing lately, which could only have been found by geocachers...?!

Mine will go straight into my collection for exactly that reason! :mad:

Hi one and all.

I'll see you on the 16th, around 3PM, thanks DamhuisClan!

It would be great to see many more cachers there, even though it won't be an event.

Link:

GCZA01.2

Count us in - we'll come to join you for this one! Looking forward to it!

The 10 year coins are nearly up for sale.....! Should definitely be ready for order within 3 weeks. The coins will be put in the store with a password required. Anyone who wants one before they go on sale to the world public must get the password from me. This is to give South Africans to buy coins before the rest of the world snaps them up. After a while the password will expire and the coins will be on sale for all.

I will post links etc as soon as the coin is available.

PM me if you have a great idea for a SA password. I was thinking of a certain dried meat snack we SA dude love with our rugby....?

The 10 years of Geocaching in SA geocoin is available at the link given below. It is available exclusively to South Africans for 1 week. During that time it will be password protected to give us South Africans a chance ti buy it. The password is the name of that dried meat snack South Africans like so much. It costs about $10. It is available in 4 colors.

Here is the link:

http://www.geocoinstore.com/

Spread the word!

I've ordered 10 extra and once I've received it, I will bring it along to the very next event I'm attending in Gauteng for attendees to buy.

PM me if you're interested, should cost about R110 ($10 mentioned above + shipping to SA)

(Cash @ the event pls, postage will be extra)

Worm greetings

Edited by Wormgeocash

I've ordered 10 extra and once I've received it, I will bring it along to the very next event I'm attending in Gauteng for attendees to buy.

PM me if you're interested, should cost about R110 ($10 mentioned above + shipping to SA)

Worm greetings

I'm glad some people ordered extras. I would like to buy just 2 gold coins, but with the postage it's not worth placing such a small order.

Worm greetings

I'm glad some people ordered extras. I would like to buy just 2 gold coins, but with the postage it's not worth placing such a small order.

Got your PM, keeping 2 for you.

Newsletter received :

"New From The Geocoin Store

Forest Kami is BACK in stock in two versions. You can also find the Year of the Rabbit, in two versions. The last bit of news is the South Africa 10 Years geocoin. Just a few remain from a commissioned project by the South Africa geocachers. "