TB with reward aka quilted TB

DxChallenged

Hey! After a long cold winter and the reality of having 3 teenagers in the house...I am back on the trails and quilting.

So yesterday we placed another cache and in it put our first TB; Gabriel. His goal is to move as far South from this place of snow and cold winters as possible.

I am hoping to see posted pictures of his travels so as an incentive...I have made a quilt. This will be given out on 1/12/04 in a drawing from all the cachers who placed pictures.

What do you think?

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

Hey MissJen! Yeah it's been a while. We are now in our new home (hence the latest cache that we posted..Welcome Home Cache). I am still quilting and actually emptied out the dishes I had in my china cabinet and replaced them with fabric.

So I had to start up another quilted cache project...I'll be donating one for the NYGO meeting in August.......

I like the idea of having a quilt top all done before I put out the project. Just wish that I would have placed it with my TB. It's only in the 50s today and the poor guy has a tshirt and sandals on. He's gotta be freezing. It must be the mother in me........

honeychile I too hope he makes it to NC...we were there less than 3 weeks ago.

DX

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

What a cool idea!!!

I opened this thread expecting to see someone offering a reward for their lost TB and was getting ready to let them know what a bad idea that was. Something like that could encourage bugnapping.

This is much better. I think I may try something like that with my travel bug army. (108 on the launch pad.)

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

YAY!!!

I hope he makes it to beautiful, sunny & warm Arizona!! What better place to get away from the snow & cold - thousands do it every year regularly. Of course, it will be like a sauna here pretty soon - he better get a move on. icon_cool.gif

From a rusty quilter...... icon_razz.gif

I think this is a great idea -- so much so that I'd like to use it myself for a bug! icon_smile.gif Would you mind if I "borrowed" the idea?

Edit: Not being a quilter, I wouldn't be offering something that wonderful! I'm thinking of some other small prize. And of course I'd give credit where credit is due for a good idea. icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by Team Donutdog on May 08, 2003 at 10:24 AM.]

Hey! Team Donutdog. Glad you like the idea....Fearless Leader (the husband..)says credit is good in the form of $...I rolled my eyes...At this stage of my life I'm genuinely happy when my kids don't think I'm a dork and someone outside my immediate family thinks I have a great idea!!

Gabriel is out on the trails...He had to spend the night in the cache as our second coordinates were a bit off (the rain storm erased part of a number...LOL).

Hope he makes it to just a few of the great places that you cachers are from!!

Dx

Alas the cache I tried to drop Gabriel in had bad coords and I spent about 3 hours searching for it without success. Gabriel is back in NY and I will try to move him to the immediate south of the last cache he was in. Sorry. icon_frown.gif

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A

Hey What is it with the 3 hour thing??

The cacher before you spent 3 hours looking for the cache that Gabe started off in (a piece of a number had washed away after a heavy rain storm...:? ) We fixed the 2nd stage coordinates and this dedicated cacher came out the next morning just to nab Gab from the effects of summer garb in the chilly parts of Western New York.

Please remember that to participate in the quilt raffle you have to post a picture of Gabe...with the cacher or on his travels or some such thing.

Very rainy and dreary here today....bad caching weather perfect quilting weather. I am working on 2 quilts....one for the principal of my kids school who just had a mini stroke....I had blocks left over from the Canadian Geoquilt (unsigned of course) so I was able to make up the top in a 1/4 of a day...fast for even me!!

The second is a graduation quilt for my neice.....she wants to travel and is into gothic films......so I have little 1" monsters in the center of each X block........

Gabe's quilt top is done and is line to have the back picked out and the pieces layered and quilted......

Ever so glad that Gabe is on his way!!

Dx