Pn-xx Owners - How Big is YOUR SD Card?

So I'll be getting a Pn-40 soon and I'm trying to figure out whether I should get a 16GB or 32GB SD card to go with it. I can get the 32GB for only $7 or so more than the 16GB, but if it's never even possible to get near 16GBs even with oodles of maps, then it's probably not worth springing the extra 7 bones.

So Pn-xx owners, what size is your SD card and how much space have you ever, or would you ever, conceivably use on an SD card? Is the 32GB worth it?

I have an 8GB and it covers my needs for any given trip, as long as I put the right maps on it (I have 2 areas of the state I frequent, so it's a matter of loading area A or area B - I just swap out the 2 sets of maps I've cut).

If I had a 16GB card, I'd just throw everything I could ever need outside of special/long-distance trips onto it.

16GB has been the "sweet spot" for a while ($/GB) but for only $7 more, I say go for broke.

Edited by dakboy

Just $7 more for twice the gig! That's a no-brainer. You can never have too much memory.

I guess that's my question, is it even POSSIBLE to really use over 16GBs? I just don't know. Suppose I wanted aerials of all the western states, would that be over 16GBs? I just have no idea how much memory the cut maps use up.

Just $7 more for twice the gig! That's a no-brainer. You can never have too much memory.

I guess that's my question, is it even POSSIBLE to really use over 16GBs? I just don't know. Suppose I wanted aerials of all the western states, would that be over 16GBs? I just have no idea how much memory the cut maps use up.

Aerials of the whole western US would be WAY over 32GB. I don't even have all of NY (imagery & 24K topos) and I'm between 30 & 40 GB.

Yes, you could definitely use all 32GB - but that'd be a lot of caching territory for a single trip.

Aerials of the whole western US would be WAY over 32GB. I don't even have all of NY (imagery & 24K topos) and I'm between 30 & 40 GB.

Yes, you could definitely use all 32GB - but that'd be a lot of caching territory for a single trip.

Maybe it's easy to swap maps in and out, I don't know, but it would be nice to just load aerials for everywhere within X miles of home and the never have to worry about re-cutting and loading maps again except for vacations or something.

Maybe it's easy to swap maps in and out, I don't know, but it would be nice to just load aerials for everywhere within X miles of home and the never have to worry about re-cutting and loading maps again except for vacations or something.

You don't have to re-cut to swap maps in & out. Make your cuts and save them, them put the ones you need on the card.

How many miles is X? Most likely, 32GB will be enough to cover it. If you're really that worried about it, for $27 each, buy 2 or 3 cards!

Just pulled the trigger on a 32GB, $27.21 shipped. Thanks guys!

Could you please provide a link for that seller, please? Thanks.

Sure, the seller is here - http://shop.ebay.com/love4.lv/m.html?_nkw=...p;_trksid=p3686

BUT, unfortunately he/she was only selling 1 card. Maybe you could contact them and see if they have any more in stock? There are other 32GB cards on ebay for close to that price but the sellers haven't sold very much or don't have great feedback. Keep watching though because they pop up for that cheap pretty often.

I just search for 32gb sd and sort by lowest price+shipping, buy it now, and minimum price of $15 (to weed out all the adapters and such that pop up). Good Luck!

You don't have to re-cut to swap maps in & out. Make your cuts and save them, them put the ones you need on the card.

How many miles is X? Most likely, 32GB will be enough to cover it. If you're really that worried about it, for $27 each, buy 2 or 3 cards!

Yes...please post the seller ID!!! I can't find anything less than $70.