What have you hidden besides caches?

So hiding caches recently got me thinking, what else have I hidden for people to find besides geocaches?

sure there are waymarks, letterboxes, and earth caches, but, i mean way outside the game of geocaching.

for example.

i like to "hide" missed connections ads on craigslist for people I see throughout the day I feel like could use a positive pick me up.

So far, I have never heard back from any of them, but I sure hear from a lot of people who want to be them. Either way, this is a fun thing to do, and requires all of the same things geocaching requires just being used in a different manner....

I am spotting a place for a good hide, but in this case, I am spotting a person, and not a place, still a noun.

then i use the powers of the internet, through a fairly public, yet fairly moderately used website to post about said place, or in this case person,

in hopes either the said person will find the ad, or someone who knows the person can show it to them.

anyone else do some sort of hide in this fashion outside the game of geocaching?

or am i just a weird stalker?

I have a couple of rolls of uncirculated presidential dollars. The bronze kind that look all golden, nice and bright and shiny. Once or twice I have chucked one on the beach near my house for a kid to find. Any more than that and I would feel like I am visiting Boo Radley territory.

I used to hide pithy little comments and jokes typed up on slips of paper in library books. Inane things like, "Wait 'til you see what happens on page 52!" or "If you liked this book, you'll also like XYZ!" or "Someone's watching you...right now!" Totally lame, but hey, I was 13.

What's weird is, I went to the library in my hometown again once about 20 years later and, flipping through a book I'd liked back then...found one of my notes! :)

--Q

So hiding caches recently got me thinking, what else have I hidden for people to find besides geocaches?

sure there are waymarks, letterboxes, and earth caches, but, i mean way outside the game of geocaching.

for example.

i like to "hide" missed connections ads on craigslist for people I see throughout the day I feel like could use a positive pick me up.

So far, I have never heard back from any of them, but I sure hear from a lot of people who want to be them. Either way, this is a fun thing to do, and requires all of the same things geocaching requires just being used in a different manner....

I am spotting a place for a good hide, but in this case, I am spotting a person, and not a place, still a noun.

then i use the powers of the internet, through a fairly public, yet fairly moderately used website to post about said place, or in this case person,

in hopes either the said person will find the ad, or someone who knows the person can show it to them.

anyone else do some sort of hide in this fashion outside the game of geocaching?

I thought you said you were leaving Geocaching?

Scubasonic

I hide random things in strangers shopping carts in the grocery store when they aren't looking. Occasionally I even get to see their reactions at the check out. :)

Would any of those things happen to be shampoo...? I saw this indie short film recently and, well, I'd have to give you details in a PM.

On occasion, I have been known to hide complete sets of my signiture smashed coins, usually in a camo plastic egg, but double baggied will do in a pinch. Someone on this thread recently scored a set.

There are still probably several of my individual coins hidden in and around the virt cache, The Grotto, in Nashville.

Edited by Snoogans

Sure, I hide my secret superhero identity.

Doesn't everyone?

I hide the bodies. :D

Doesn't everyone?

Funny thing that.

I keep telling folks to hang onto my sig items, cuz they might be worth more if they start digging bodies up outta my yard. :):)

for example.

What has this got to do with geocaching then?

Discussion about being a stalker belongs in Off Topic, no?

Doesn't everyone?

I hide the bodies. :D

Doesn't everyone?

Funny thing that.

I keep telling folks to hang onto my sig items, cuz they might be worth more if they start digging bodies up outta my yard. :):)

Just for that I'm never going to ask what line of work you're in.

After the local 10 Years! event this year we found a pair of very nice sandals laying around. Had to have been someone from the event so we hid them, took coordinates and posted a not on the event site to contact us if they lost the sandles. They did, we sent them the coordinates and we got a "thanks" the next day.

After the local 10 Years! event this year we found a pair of very nice sandals laying around. Had to have been someone from the event so we hid them, took coordinates and posted a not on the event site to contact us if they lost the sandles. They did, we sent them the coordinates and we got a "thanks" the next day.

I found a pair of glasses at a cache. Looked at the last to sign on and made a note of it. Took the glasses back to the road, baggied them and placed them in a large crack in a log and covered the crack over with some bark. Emailed the last-to-sign and when confirmed they were his, I emailed back the coords to the glasses. They were successfully retrieved. Now what other hobby can make a Lost & Found into a fun hunt? :rolleyes:

I found a pair of glasses at a cache. Looked at the last to sign on and made a note of it. Took the glasses back to the road, baggied them and placed them in a large crack in a log and covered the crack over with some bark. Emailed the last-to-sign and when confirmed they were his, I emailed back the coords to the glasses. They were successfully retrieved. Now what other hobby can make a Lost & Found into a fun hunt? :rolleyes:

Hey, those were/are my sandals! :rolleyes:

It was great to get them back.

A local diner has denim curtains made to look like jeans, and I would hide pennies in the pockets to see if anybody else looked in there. Never saw anybody look though.

And I have hidden eggs around Easter. But I forgot where I put them.

Doesn't everyone?

I hide the bodies. :lol:

Doesn't everyone?

Funny thing that.

I keep telling folks to hang onto my sig items, cuz they might be worth more if they start digging bodies up outta my yard. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just for that I'm never going to ask what line of work you're in.

It wouldn't be work that drove me off the deep end. I think after 23 years on my job it would have happened long ago if it ever would.

{snippage}

What has this got to do with geocaching then?

Discussion about being a stalker belongs in Off Topic, no?

By definition, this thread in the Geocaching Topics forum is not about geocaching. Therefore I am closing the thread for being off-topic.