How much do you spend on your bugs?

Og's outfit

While on a week-end vacation this summer I bought a little pewter gargoyle at a knick-knack shop. My idea was to turn him into a TB. I paid about $10 for him.

Barnaby Wilde is what I named him. My husband told me not to send him off as a traveler, he said someone would just take him. Well, I didn't listen and sent him off and , sure enough, he went missing before he even left the cache I started him in!

Does the value of a bug coincide with the likelihood of it going missing?

I guess I'll just chock this up as a lesson learned.

Og

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

quote:
Originally posted by Og's outfit:

Does the value of a bug coincide with the likelihood of it going missing?

I think it is the luck of the draw. Just depends who gets there first and whether they are a good steward for the bug. Some think it has to do with the cuteness of the object. I think it has to do with rude people that have no sense of responsibility

We had one go missing within 12 hours. Got back in that area and looked at the paper log. Some family grabbed the bug, said they were going to drop it in Missouri, never happened. I have not put it in the graveyard, just grabbed it back to our inventory. You should grab your bug back and not leave the icon on that page.

You might just hang on and wait, it is possible the bug will resurface. Don't lose your enthusiasm, some bugs move really well.

Judy&Dick

I agree, it's more to do with the finders. We recently retreived 'LizzyBee' from the Milestone cache, and even though it's a really cute bug there's no way we would steal it. The kids want to release it nearer to our home. Also 1/2 a dozen cachers had visited and left the bug there anyway.

I've just ordered our first bug tag and intend to attach it to a bug in such a way that it's permanently disfigured (if you know what I mean !) just to help dissuade people from removing the tag.

Happy bug hunting ! Simon