Wanted: Used GPS

I'm trying to get back into geocaching but my old GPS no longer works.

What I'm looking for is a used GPS that's modern enough to upload pocket queries and has some kind of mapping of the west coast area (I-5 cooridoor). I don't need all the other bells and whistles (although, I wouldn't turn them down).

I'm on a very tight budget and have been having to cut back on alot of my expenses lately so I can't afford to spend much at the moment. What I can do is either trade for the GPS or make payments over a month or two for the cost.

Thanks

Dawn

Seattle Seekers

What I'm looking for is a used GPS that's modern enough to upload pocket queries and has some kind of mapping of the west coast area (I-5 cooridoor). I don't need all the other bells and whistles (although, I wouldn't turn them down).

I'm on a very tight budget and have been having to cut back on alot of my expenses lately so I can't afford to spend much at the moment. What I can do is either trade for the GPS or make payments over a month or two for the cost.

Thanks

Dawn

Seattle Seekers

Hi Dawn,

I have a Magellan Triton 1500, with Accuterra maps of the entire U.S. on SD card, that I would be willing to trade or sell. It has a full-color touch screen, and not only can load pocket queries, it can load caches straight from GC.com to the GPS. And since you load gpx files to the gpsr, you get the whole listing, including hints, description, size, terrain/difficulty, etc. I would take $200 for it, or trade if you are interested. I would work with you on payments. What would you like to trade for a gps?

If you wanted to purchase maps on your own, Magellan has downloadable maps of different sections of the United States as well. Without the maps, I can let the gps go for $150. I originally paid $399 for the gps, and the maps were an additional $100. The Triton 1500 is about 2 yrs old now. I have a Triton 2000, and I don't need two gpsrs, especially in this economy!

P.S. If you have a blackberry, there are geocaching applications you can get for it. I have cacheberry on mine, and it works pretty well, and I think it's only $15.00 US. Just a thought. :)

Joe Jeske

Edited by redleg7

Thanks

Dawn

Seattle Seekers

Hi Dawn,

I have a Magellan Triton 1500, with Accuterra maps of the entire U.S. on SD card, that I would be willing to trade or sell. It has a full-color touch screen, and not only can load pocket queries, it can load caches straight from GC.com to the GPS. And since you load gpx files to the gpsr, you get the whole listing, including hints, description, size, terrain/difficulty, etc. I would take $200 for it, or trade if you are interested. I would work with you on payments. What would you like to trade for a gps?

If you wanted to purchase maps on your own, Magellan has downloadable maps of different sections of the United States as well. Without the maps, I can let the gps go for $150. I originally paid $399 for the gps, and the maps were an additional $100. The Triton 1500 is about 2 yrs old now. I have a Triton 2000, and I don't need two gpsrs, especially in this economy!

P.S. If you have a blackberry, there are geocaching applications you can get for it. I have cacheberry on mine, and it works pretty well, and I think it's only $15.00 US. Just a thought. :)

Joe Jeske

I'll send you an email