Uploading pics to log Earthcaches

FourRiverRatz

Hey-hey, I'm not the only one in the world with dial-up Internet and an older computer!! :) Actually, it has NEVER been a requirement that Earthcaches have to require photos, and with the new Earthcache guidelines which you posted, photos can only be required if there is some educational task involved. So you should have much better luck going forward.

This is one of the reasons I never require photos in any of my Earthcaches - even the old ones.

Have you tried using photo editing software? I use Adobe Photoshop Elements on my computer and cut my photos down to 125 kb before uploading. It only takes a minute or two to upload them at that size.

OMG, here we go again! I would encourage the OP to read the numerous threads on this topic otherwise we will just stand by and ;) !

Kind of reminds me of the monthly "...bring back Virtual" threads in the General Topics section :)

My suggestion would be to contact the individual cache owners when you run across a requirement like that. I'll wager that most are quite accomadating and willing to dispense with the picture if some reasonable explanation is offered.

Good luck!

OMG, here we go again! I would encourage the OP to read the numerous threads on this topic otherwise we will just stand by and :) !

Which is why I didn't bother restating the material AGAIN....

Good for you. Your usual excellent contributions have already addressed this topic. It just seems like this topic goes on and on and will probably out last earthcaches! themselves!

Don't some of our monitors close threads when they are constantly repeated, especially if the same topic can be seen on the current Earthcaches forum page?

OMG, here we go again! I would encourage the OP to read the numerous threads on this topic otherwise we will just stand by and :) !

Which is why I didn't bother restating the material AGAIN....

Good for you. Your usual excellent contributions have already addressed this topic. It just seems like this topic goes on and on and will probably out last earthcaches! themselves!

Don't some of our monitors close threads when they are constantly repeated, especially if the same topic can be seen on the current Earthcaches forum page?

I can't speak for the Moderators, but it seems like they play I rather light hand on the subject of duplicate threads. It appears that if the exact same subject comes up on the same day or pretty close to that, that they'll suggest that the thread discussions be combined.

I personally don't mind this sort of topic coming up on occassion. If someone feels strongly enough about the subject, they should certainly have the option to post it for discussion. Maybe something good will come of it eventually.