Setting Trackables as collectibles?

Ladyd'sworld

I just looked at the release notes : http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...howtopic=251299

It seems that if you mark the TB as "Collectable" another cacher can put it into their COLLECTION - if you mark it as "NON-COLLECTABLE" it means they can not put it into a Collection.

So my understanding is that if you want your TB's and coins to travel - mark them as NON-COLLECTABLE

It doesn't appear to be working right any more. When this first started, there was an option to move any TB I owned to my collection. I've now added a new TB for my car that I want to put in my collection, but whether it's set to collectible or not, it won't give me an option to move it to my collection. Ironically enough, all the TBs I previously put into my collection are showing as NOT collectible!

I agree with it being hooey. If I activate a coin and release it, it's still mine. I'm just putting it out there to see how long it will take to reach a goal or to give other cachers a chance to see a cool coin and get another icon. If I want someone to be able to "collect" a bug or coin and make it there's I'll stick it in a cache unactivated and let the person who takes it decide what to do with it.

I haven't read the notes but my feeling is that the INTENT of the trackable to be collectible or not is to set another level of deterant for those thieves or lazies out there that take bugs out of caches and then never move them. Like people who steal travel bugs would care about something like that.

Personally the whole travel bug ownership idea has left a bad taste in my mouth. So many of the bugs and coins that I have released have gone missing that I don't even let them out anymore and the ones that are still out there, no one pays any attention to their goals anyway so whats the point? I'll still move bugs and coins, but I've soured on the whole ownership idea...