Hello Geocaching.com - Please Help

Vulcan1600

Last week I asked about changing my screen name, and was directed to how to change it, so I did. At the time I wasn't thinking about how it appears when on geocaching.com Forums. I simply do not want my last name posted on the forums. I tried to change it again, this time I selected a name and was asked the reason why I wanted it changed. No answer. So, this time I send a PM to Motorcycle Momma (I believe that's your screen name), asking for assistance to get it changed to Vulcan1600. Again, no reply.

I really wish this would get addressed. What do I need to do to get moderator attention w/o mentioning my favorite geocaching application?

It's not the moderators that change you user name.

Having changed it once, the only way is to go to contact@Groundspeak.com and ask if it can be changed again.

And, 3 days ago it did go to them. Nothing at all. Not even an email response from the moderator I sent an email to. Some things are quickly acted on in here, some things just don't seem to matter I guess.

Yes, and I received your email at 11pm last night (while I was sleeping) and I have been working my all day. :)

The information above is correct. The contact@geocaching.com email address is the correct place to address this. And the Groundspeak Lackeys (the staff) do not work on weekends.

Please just be patient. ;)

Fair enough. Thanks.

Not wishing to be rude, but: I wouldn't expect the correction of a second attempt to get someone's username right, to be a priority issue. The privacy issue with your username is presumably not just on the forums, but also on every cache you find.

I also notice that your profile appears to list your employer's name and your home town (unless these are clever decoys). If you're concerned about privacy, those are things you can fix right now. With just your last name, which is not the most obscure in the world, the chances of you being stalked are a lot lower.

Not wishing to be rude, but: I wouldn't expect the correction of a second attempt to get someone's username right, to be a priority issue. The privacy issue with your username is presumably not just on the forums, but also on every cache you find.

I also notice that your profile appears to list your employer's name and your home town (unless these are clever decoys). If you're concerned about privacy, those are things you can fix right now. With just your last name, which is not the most obscure in the world, the chances of you being stalked are a lot lower.

Not to be rude, but he did request the change on the weekend. Although Groundspeak does have a number of empolyees, far as I know there is no expectation for service 24/7 for email requests. Also, a short period of reflection prior to signing up could have prevented the first need for a name change. But then once being unhappy with that, a longer period of reflection would probably helped with the second name change. But now he chooses a name that reflects what he rides. Do we again see another request for a name change when the Vulcan is traded in for a Harley?

Not to be rude, but he did request the change on the weekend. Although Groundspeak does have a number of empolyees, far as I know there is no expectation for service 24/7 for email requests. Also, a short period of reflection prior to signing up could have prevented the first need for a name change. But then once being unhappy with that, a longer period of reflection would probably helped with the second name change. But now he chooses a name that reflects what he rides. Do we again see another request for a name change when the Vulcan is traded in for a Harley?

First of all on Friday night I apparently didn't request Vulcan1600 - at least it's no longer my last name. I can live with this name for now. I also was not trying to be rude and once Motorcycle_Mama laid it out why she didn't reply I was fine with it. As for trading in the Vulcan for a Harley LOL no way Jose. I don't like cleaning up oil spills on the garage floor. :laughing: