Looking to BUY !

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I just started caching and we've been using his car gps (that's right, you can laugh if you want to!) but we've found two caches with it! Hurray! Haha! But it gets aggravating when we're not entirely sure where we should be etc. I'm sure you know what I mean. We've had few too many unsuccessful trips and we're ready to commit!

SO - We are looking to buy an outdoor GPS worthy of caching. We probably won't be going on 3 hour hikes up into the mountains so we don't need anything intense. Nor though, do we want anything doinky and cheap or for children cachers.

We would really prefer not to spend over $200, so maybe a used one would be a good option. Or if anyone has any suggestions for GPS's out there in stores we would love to know. I have done some research but I keep finding either really expensive ones, or cheaper ones with terrible reviews! Any help would be much appreciated, thank you very much in advance!

Jess & James

I also want to add, that after looking more closely at the Geomate Junior, it actually looks pretty awesome! Does anyone have this one for their kids? The only downside seems to be that you cannot put in any coordinates, so if you were doing a multicache or a chache that has many steps to it you would miss all the fun and it would lead you right to the cache. Hmm.

Any thoughts?

I also want to add, that after looking more closely at the Geomate Junior, it actually looks pretty awesome! Does anyone have this one for their kids? The only downside seems to be that you cannot put in any coordinates, so if you were doing a multicache or a chache that has many steps to it you would miss all the fun and it would lead you right to the cache. Hmm.

Any thoughts?

Hi, we have two GPSr's for sale right now in this forum. You can scroll down a few posts to read about them.

One is an almost brand new Geomate Jr, plus it comes with the Update kit. Used the Geomate only 4 times and the Update kit has never been used. Asking $80 for the pair.

We also have a brand new, never been opened, Garmin eTrex for $60 (or best offer).