Messing with TB's

oregonblackdog

Man, what bad luck! Two out of two of the TB's I've placed have been messed with.

The first was just plain ripped off...tag left, item gone. Thanks to a thoughtful geocacher (trail mix 3 out of Bend, OR), I was able to replace the item and get the tb on it's way to my grandkids. Thanks again, Trail mix, you clearly typify what is in the best of us.

The second, also on the way to grandkids, was "replaced" by someone who though the girls would like an Oregon Ducks football more than the wooden butterflys that were intended for them. The now meaningless (for me) tb is currently on its way to Oklahoma.

Lest I sound to grumpy, I know that part of the charm of tb's is that you never know where their paths will take them. Still, part of the fun is in knowing what the originator had in mind for them, and helping them on their way, however round-about that path might be.

I hope these where both a case of innocent ignorance, but my cynical side says I'm wrong. In any event, if anyone happens to come across a pair of wooden butterflys as shown in the pic of tb #2913, I'd love to know about it to try to get them on their way again!

John & Mare

quote:
I put instant soup in my microwave oven and nearly went back in time.

I recently found my first travel bug. Or half of it.... It was a duo of cartoon/movie character toys that were in the midst of a great adventure across the USA. For nearly a year (I think, can't remember exactly, to tired to check) they exchanged hands intact. They rode in an ambulance, a Hummer, hiked about in Yellowstone, and had other fabulous adventures. Unfortunately, the last person who had found the cache they were resting in removed the sidekick character and left the main character, even though they were in a ziploc bag together clearly labled with the owner's wishes. I guess its a miracle they took the one without the tag on it, so the hero can still continue his journey and be properly tracked (he has since been logged as moved by another cacher).

Its too bad that this happens sometimes. I just hope it was an honest mistake and not a mean-spirited trick.

"The clarity is devastating. But where is the ambiguity?

Over there, in a box."