Travel Map not updated for TB

Salvelinus

I just recently picked up and moved a travel bug.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=511

I seemed to post all of the information correctly since everything seems to look fine on the cache description pages and the TB description page. However, when you look at the map of this TB's travels, its current location does not show up. Anybody know why? Other TB's I am watching are showing up on the map in their new home.

Could I have done something wrong? Another geocacher who is following this TB alerted me to this...so we are both interested.

Smoochnme

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day...

Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime"

I had this happen to one of my TB's when it got to England. I could never get a good answer about what caused this so we just grabbed him and dropped him off in the same Cache and His miles showed up fine. Worth a try.

Thanks, Mike

It's Purple Martin Time in Tennessee

I guess that suggestion is worth a try, smoochnme. Just use the same dates ... so all that "activity" is logged for the same day.

I assume that you have the 6 digit code# still? I know I do not have it anymore (I know, I know ... that was silly of me).

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

I guess that suggestion is worth a try, smoochnme. Just use the same dates ... so all that "activity" is logged for the same day.

I assume that you have the 6 digit code# still? I know I do not have it anymore (I know, I know ... that was silly of me).

-----

http://users.beanstalk.net/jsk/images/dartfrogsmall.jpg

I just ran the travel bug through again just like I picked it up again and replaced it again today. The map now shows everything now, except the travel bug log shows todays dates. Oh well, we all know what happened and the map works now.

Some advice: Don't delete the automatic travel bug logs. I'm pretty sure that is what messed this up.

Check out my newest cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19061

Its a great cache for a travel bug to start out at and I have several that would work...but I have no "official" bugs...bummer!

[/quote}

The map now shows everything now, except the travel bug log shows todays dates. Oh well, we all know what happened and the map works now.

I went back and fixed the dates. All is well!