Kate returns with a vengence

The Bell Witch

This morning, Mrs. Frog & I were having our coffee & a nice chat...Then we heard the horn, our mail ladys signal that we have to sign for a package...As I was expecting my meds, I headed out the door with the dog at my heels...As we rounded the corner, her hair on her back stood straight up, she growled, then turned tail & ran away...The lady asked what was wrong with her & I had no clue...When I got back in the house, the dog just let out a yelp & ran and hid under the bed...When I opened the mailer, I saw what had scared her...It was the Bell Witch Coin that had her all upset...Thanks Kate, it's a coin we will treasure...now to see if we can coax the dog out from her hiding place...Thanks again!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Finally googled this...Wow what a legend. I have been in that area in TN but have never heard of this before. I hope to be able to go back and find out more. And the coin is great as well :laughing:

All this caught my interest too, I read a few books about the Bell Witch Hauntings after googling the subject. I just HAD to have one of the mystrey coins, I got mine on Ebay. :laughing:

This morning, Mrs. Frog & I were having our coffee & a nice chat...Then we heard the horn, our mail ladys signal that we have to sign for a package...As I was expecting my meds, I headed out the door with the dog at my heels...As we rounded the corner, her hair on her back stood straight up, she growled, then turned tail & ran away...The lady asked what was wrong with her & I had no clue...When I got back in the house, the dog just let out a yelp & ran and hid under the bed...When I opened the mailer, I saw what had scared her...It was the Bell Witch Coin that had her all upset...Thanks Kate, it's a coin we will treasure...now to see if we can coax the dog out from her hiding place...Thanks again!!!!!!!!!! :)

Very nice.. Congrats. That surprise factor is always great..

I had a very busy day, took the dog to the vet, went to Hallmark and got a couple of card for my Christmas card missions, went to the post office and then came home and started raking leaves. It was a very nice day here in Arkansas (61 degrees) so I was really busy getting the yard cleaned up when the mail man ran. I finally went to get the mail and found a package from me to me ;) I know what this means!!! Mystery coin!!! I open it up and...... THE BELL WITCH :laughing::):laughing::laughing: OMG!!!!!! Black Nickle finish (my favorite finish) #12. I can't believe it Thank you SO much Kate! I love this coin and have been dreaming about it for a while. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

The Bell Witch has paid a visit to Illinois. I keep looking at the coin and thinking of how terrifying it must have been living in the Bell home and yet what a generous sweet side of her I see today by the gifting of these coins. Thank you so much.

BUT the glowing eyes on the coin are a little scary or maybe a bit mischievous. Could there be more to the Bell Witch story? WHO'S NEXT ON HER LIST TO VISIT?

edited to add coin #15

Edited by luckycharmer

Many congrats to those lucky enough to have received this wonderful and generous gift. I hope to be cheered up by finding one of these haunting my mailbox as well. Money has been so tight lately with debt issues compounded by needing a new roof on the house. It would be nice to "suffer" from distractions for a while.

Regardless, THANK YOU to Kate for her unceasing benevolence. May you receive kindnesses beyond your anticipations!

Have a wonderful holiday season, however you choose to celebrate!

Today i found a wonderful surprise in my mailbox. A beautiful bell witch coin. i didn't know that she ever got out this way. it is a little warmer out here and no snow. desert life does have its advantages.

thank you very much for a great coin. i will cherish it and take good care of it. i am very honored to receive such a thoughtful gift.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Today i found a wonderful surprise in my mailbox. A beautiful bell witch coin. i didn't know that she ever got out this way. it is a little warmer out here and no snow. desert life does have its advantages.

thank you very much for a great coin. i will cherish it and take good care of it. i am very honored to receive such a thoughtful gift.

Thank you thank you thank you.

NICE. congratulations!

In my mailbox today I found a bubble mailer and I was a little confused as I am not expecting any geocoins. Looking closer I noticed that the envelope was addressed from me to me. With great excitement I opened the envelope and out came a Bell Witch Geocoin and a Captain Hook Geocoin!!! Thank you mystery givers for sending me your beautiful geocoins, your thoughtfulness made my day :D :D

OOH MY I Wish I Knew Who To THANK. My Guess would have to be Bell Witch and Captain Hook. Thank You Thank You Thank You. I was blessed with not only one Mystery Geocoin but two today:) One from each Mystery Person. I first cried with such happy tears because so many things been going on here recently in my life. First of all my mom is been sick and has Cancer and with lots of prayers from so many Friend. I can't thank Each one of you for all the positive comments and helping me stay strong. It is not been easy. I also Have been working on getting my mobility back and been going to physical Therapy and with hard work and effort they are telling me I am doing very well. I am not about to give up. I am able to walk to the end of my drive way which is .10 Mile one way. This year I hope to accomplish many goals this year. I hope the remaining year with my mom and her health after her surgery on the 9th she will be on a road to good health again. They will not know how far her cancer is along until the surgery on the 9th. Please keep me and my mom and your thoughts and prayers and I am glad to have a nice family of geocaching friend. Thank You Again Bell Witch and Captain Hook for the beautiful Mystery Coins. They will be in my honor of doing my best in the years ahead.

We got a big surprise in the mailbox today. A bubbler address to us and sent by us. We opened it and a very nice Bell Witch Geocoin was nicely packed inside. Thank you very much! It will take its place of honor in our display case.

We tried to get one of these coins at GWVIII. It was a very interesting hunt. On June 30th we flew into Seattle and got to the hotel around 8pm, we dropped off our bags and went out to pick up a quick dinner and some supplies by a near by grocery store. We got back to the hotel, with our take out dinner and groceries. We took off our boots and started eating and powering up the laptop, then what popped up, was a location that Kate dropped off a Bell Witch coin. I put the cords in the GPS and it was only 4 or 5 miles from the Hotel. I looked at Shadow’s Friend in the middle of a bite of her burger and Said “Get you boots on, we got to hop!” Out we go at 10 pm at night. We get to the location find the tree and then Shadow’s Friend finds the fire tack. WOW could we be that lucky! We raced to the fire tack and start giving the tree a once, twice … going over. We were not having any luck. Then we hear another car pull up and shortly after two people walk past us up the trail. They too were on the hunt the great Bell Witch Geocoin. We started to go over the area for the umpteenth time. The other couple did make their way to our location and also gave it a good look. We exchanged “Hellos”, and a little small talk, but not names. I think we were all preoccupied in trying to find the treasure. We all parted the location knowing that Kate made some other coiner very happy, and us wondering who we meet at the well looked over tree. At least in August at MWGB we solved who we were looking with. We were volunteering at MWGN registration, and Fingers Crossed was getting their package and we were able to introduce ourselves.

Thanks again for a wonderful coin and the great adventure you gave us in Washington.

Shadow’s Friend and NOSNOW

Spooky 5 brought in the mail today,

A small pile of bubble mailers on the counter he lay

Most were expected, but one was not.

Could this be a mystery coin I've got?

When in your mailbox a mailer you find,

Sent from you to you it boggles the mind.

What could it be that you sent yourself?

A gift from Kate, the Bell Witch herself!

Out from the mailer all misty and eerie

Falls this spooky geocoin some think is quite scary.

But Spooky is me! I don't easily take fright

Thank you Kate for this beautiful sight!

Lucky number 13 arrived in the land of the Jersey Devil today. I hope he doesn't mind you intruding on his territory. I know I don't! Thanks for the awesome coin!

Wow, got several coin packages today that I was expecting and in the middle of them all was a package from me to me. Weird why would someone send me coins without putting their name one it since I knew they were coming. So I open the package and stare at the coin doesn't look like any I asked for so out come the glasses and low and behold a Bell Witch coin. Yipeee a mystery coin for me. It is number 58 and all I can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH.

After a little back and forth in the Top 5 thread, It seemed like I might get a chance for this coin alot sooner then Cacheapalooza 6. Sure enough, on Saturday night I got an email with some coordinates! The message was pretty much "You want it? Come and get it!" My kind of find! I grabbed my partner in crime and flew out of the house in record time. My GPS led me to a little park a few miles from my house, and we found this coin after searching for a few minutes! Thank you so much!! It is even more amazing to see in person. I love it! :anicute:

After a little back and forth in the Top 5 thread, It seemed like I might get a chance for this coin alot sooner then Cacheapalooza 6. Sure enough, on Saturday night I got an email with some coordinates! The message was pretty much "You want it? Come and get it!" My kind of find! I grabbed my partner in crime and flew out of the house in record time. My GPS led me to a little park a few miles from my house, and we found this coin after searching for a few minutes! Thank you so much!! It is even more amazing to see in person. I love it! :anicute:

That is sooo cool! Congrats!!

Due to work I only pick up my mail about once every week or two weeks. Today I was able to stop by the post office. The Post Master told me she had a package for me. I quickly realized that it was my Mardi Gras coins. When I got to the car I was going through the mail when I noticed another bubble envelope. I didn't remember ordering any other coins. I turned it over and quickly realized this was a mystery coin because it had my name as the return address. Wow, I was super excited and quickly ripped open the envelope with my keys. What a spectacular coin, I was shocked to receive such a beautiful coin. Thank you so much for such a gorgeous coin, it wasn't until I came to the forums that I realized it glows. I can't wait to try it.

Thank you again for such a special gift, it definitely made my week and it is only Monday. :)

I was up until 3:30a last night working on papers for a conference. Well apparently I managed to impress the lady of the night, as today I received my very own Bell Witch coin!!! :D

I often walk around the house with a cat attached to my shoulder (she likes to sit there) so I totally appreciate the cat familiar on the coin. :)

Thank you so very much Kate, I love the coin! :D

It's Eli's birthday, so technically I should probably share the coin with him as it is like a birthday present... But I might just hide this one from him! :lol:

I would just like to thank chickahominey again for the coin that she sent me. It really was just out of the blue.... At first when I saw the package, I kind of thought it was from my grandma.... She lives in st. Mathews near orangeburg,sc. Anyway.... Thank you again! I still havnt figured out why I was chosen.... But regardless, it will be cherished/showed off at every chance. It really is a neat coin! And just realized the glow in the dark properties!

I also received one of these wonderful coins in my mailbox this week. I had my name come up in a drawing recently for another cointest, so when I saw this mailer, I thought it was my prize. I was surprised when I saw the contents of the pkg - this was not the announced prize. In addition, the return address was not from myself, so I was wondering if the prize was actually changed. I waited to announce what I received in here until I contacted WSR to see if he had changed the prize. Sure enough, he told me that he had not changed it, and he still has my prize.

Sooo...I would like to offer my heart-felt thank yous to the lovely person who saw it in their heart to send me this breath-taking coin. It really went a long way to lifting my spirits as our family continues to go through some troubling financial times. Thanx again!!!

I also received one of these wonderful coins in my mailbox this week. I had my name come up in a drawing recently for another cointest, so when I saw this mailer, I thought it was my prize. I was surprised when I saw the contents of the pkg - this was not the announced prize. In addition, the return address was not from myself, so I was wondering if the prize was actually changed. I waited to announce what I received in here until I contacted WSR to see if he had changed the prize. Sure enough, he told me that he had not changed it, and he still has my prize.

Sooo...I would like to offer my heart-felt thank yous to the lovely person who saw it in their heart to send me this breath-taking coin. It really went a long way to lifting my spirits as our family continues to go through some troubling financial times. Thanx again!!!

Congratulations. A nice little surprise in the mail will always lift ones spirits. Hang in there with the tough times, cause the good ones always come back around.

I receiced a Bell Witch coin the mail the other day and it had goosefraba1's return addy on the mailer,so I sent him an email and asked him why he sent me a coin that he just received kinself.Well it turns out that he did not send the coin to me. I think that the Bell Witch is having some fun here :) What a great looking coin to add to my collection THANKYOU ! ! I will be showing it to many at next weeks event at Cabela's THANKYOU AGAIN for sending me this coin ! !

I receiced a Bell Witch coin the mail the other day and it had goosefraba1's return addy on the mailer,so I sent him an email and asked him why he sent me a coin that he just received kinself.Well it turns out that he did not send the coin to me. I think that the Bell Witch is having some fun here :) What a great looking coin to add to my collection THANKYOU ! ! I will be showing it to many at next weeks event at Cabela's THANKYOU AGAIN for sending me this coin ! !

Now that is funny. Congrats.

:D

:D

Sounds like that Bell Witch is a tricky one! Trick or Treat!? :laughing: