GPSMap 62s or Dakota 20

Okay, I need professional help!!

I am going to purchase a new GPSr and think I have it narrowed down to the 62s or Dakota 20.

Please help me decide.

I will be using it 90% of the time for geocaching. I currently own a 60csx. I love it; but want to go paperless.

I know you cannot really compare the two since the 62 isn't out yet; but considering the 60csx is pretty much the same as the upcoming 62 with some changes of course, will I like the Dakota?

I've read all the reviews, screen brightness issues, ect., but is the Dakota comparable to the 60/62 when it comes to geocaching? Thanks.

Based on my experience with the 78 which shares the interface as 62 the geocaching functions between the Dakota and 62 are almost identical. Differences come down to size, touchscreen vs. not, screen readability and accuracy. The 78 has been very good in my testing, I would expect similar results from the 62.

I have had the 78s for a week now and went caching with it the day after I got it. I have been using the 76 series for seven years so that was a factor in getting the 78. If you are used to the 60 series and like the pushbutton instead of touch screen I would get the 62. I am very pleased with the 78.

I have had the 78s for a week now and went caching with it the day after I got it. I have been using the 76 series for seven years so that was a factor in getting the 78. If you are used to the 60 series and like the pushbutton instead of touch screen I would get the 62. I am very pleased with the 78.

Thanks for the input. I really do like how the 60 works; however, I am really intrigued by a touchscreen gpsr. My concern would be the accuracy of the Dakota vs. the 60/62. I see all sorts of comparisons but I have not seen a Dakota20 vs. 60csx so I really don't know how they compare. Thanks.

The 62 should have a brighter screen than any of the touchscreen GPSr.

I have no major complains about my Oregon, but if you're familiar with the 60 I'd say stick with the series.

The 62 should be more accurate under challenging conditions, due to the antenna design. Whether it is actually better will depend on firmware and things we won't know about until it is in wide use. For geocaching I doubt it would make much of a difference either way.

Edited by Chrysalides