Finger Lakes 2009 coins for sale

SCP-173

I designed this coin and have sold them strictly to New York State residents until now. It was my intention to make this a NY state only coin but that experiment hasn't worked out and I couldn't sell them all. That said if anyone who's bought one of these already doesn't like this change I'll buy the coin back from them. Selling details are at the end of this post. There are 30 available.

Finger-Lakes-Geocoin.jpg

Just 100 total of these were made and they do have a custom icon (it's in the photo). Some other stats are as follows.

1.75 inch coin

Antique silver

Both sides are 3D and covered with epoxy

The tracking number is on the rim

The Finger Lakes are a chain of 10 lakes in NY that I spent my entire life going to until I moved to CA. I've been all over the USA and no place has ever wowed me as much as the Finger Lakes, and my folks place up there was always one of my favorite places to go.

There's a lot of stuff in this coin. The map has a star on it depicting the location of the oldest cache east of the Mississippi and on the reverse there's grapes to represent the wine making business that the Finger Lakes are known for (one of the top 5 wine producing regions in the world, I've read). There's also a nod to the Native American presence that gave the names to all the lakes. The plane is the very one flown by Glenn H. Curtiss over Keuka lake when he became the father of flight (oh so much debate around this one!). The statues on the bottom commemorate the first meeting of three women who would become fundamental in the establishment of women's rights, one of which was Susan B. Anthony, who held conventions in Seneca Falls.

And most importantly the closest boat coming through the canal is the Stroller, the tour boat on Seneca Lake that my father (Team Proline) captains on some weekends!

The coins are $12 which includes shipping (add a dollar for overseas) and are being sold 1 per person/house hold. I have 30 left and they'll go to the first 30 replies in this thread from members who haven't bought one already that request one. That will make it easy for everyone to see how many are still available. I'll contact you with payment details. :laughing: No checks please.

Edited by Vargseld? ™

I designed this coin and have sold them strictly to New York State residents until now. It was my intention to make this a NY state only coin but that experiment hasn't worked out and I couldn't sell them all. That said if anyone who's bought one of these already doesn't like this change I'll buy the coin back from them. Selling details are at the end of this post. There are 30 available.

Finger-Lakes-Geocoin.jpg

Just 100 total of these were made and they do have a custom icon (it's in the photo). Some other stats are as follows.

1.75 inch coin

Antique silver

Both sides are 3D and covered with epoxy

The tracking number is on the rim

The Finger Lakes are a chain of 10 lakes in NY that I spent my entire life going to until I moved to CA. I've been all over the USA and no place has ever wowed me as much as the Finger Lakes, and my folks place up there was always one of my favorite places to go.

There's a lot of stuff in this coin. The map has a star on it depicting the location of the oldest cache east of the Mississippi and on the reverse there's grapes to represent the wine making business that the Finger Lakes are known for (one of the top 5 wine producing regions in the world, I've read). There's also a nod to the Native American presence that gave the names to all the lakes. The plane is the very one flown by Glenn H. Curtiss over Keuka lake when he became the father of flight (oh so much debate around this one!). The statues on the bottom commemorate the first meeting of three women who would become fundamental in the establishment of women's rights, one of which was Susan B. Anthony, who held conventions in Seneca Falls.

And most importantly the closest boat coming through the canal is the Stroller, the tour boat on Seneca Lake that my father (Team Proline) captains on some weekends!

The coins are $12 which includes shipping (add a dollar for overseas) and are being sold 1 per person/house hold. I have 30 left and they'll go to the first 30 replies in this thread from members who haven't bought one already that request one. That will make it easy for everyone to see how many are still available. I'll contact you with payment details. :anitongue: No checks please.

I would like one!