New In Box Garmin eTrex Never Used

Had the great fortune of being in the right place at the right time & coming across not one, but TWO Garmin GPSr's, both brand new in their packages.

Notice that I have another post on here, selling our Geomate Jr & Update kit. We wanted to join in the sport of geocaching, but didn't have much money, so we bought that after waiting for about 2 years to get into geocaching.

Next thing we know, right after the geomate jr arrived in the mail & we had already used it 4 times, we find this great deal. Of course!

We don't need two brand new Garmin GPSr's, so this one has to go. Like I said, it has never been opened, so everything it came with, it still has. It says: "Package contains: eTrex personal navigator, wrist strap, user's guide, quick start guide".

This is the yellow Garmin eTrex. I can email you pictures if you want.

Asking $60 or best offer.

Actual shipping will be charged, plus insurance.

Please reply either on this forum or to this email address:

cachinemail@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Had the great fortune of being in the right place at the right time & coming across not one, but TWO Garmin GPSr's, both brand new in their packages.

Notice that I have another post on here, selling our Geomate Jr & Update kit. We wanted to join in the sport of geocaching, but didn't have much money, so we bought that after waiting for about 2 years to get into geocaching.

Next thing we know, right after the geomate jr arrived in the mail & we had already used it 4 times, we find this great deal. Of course!

We don't need two brand new Garmin GPSr's, so this one has to go. Like I said, it has never been opened, so everything it came with, it still has. It says: "Package contains: eTrex personal navigator, wrist strap, user's guide, quick start guide".

cachinemail@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I'll give you $50 for it. How would you take payment?

Thanks.

cachinemail@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I'll give you $50 for it. How would you take payment?

Thanks.

wild child, it's a deal. Please email me at: cachinemail@yahoo.com

I don't want to put any personal information on a public message board, and I need to get your name & address so I can tell you how much postage & insurance will be, and my preferred method of payment.

Thanks!

Well, it's been 4 days since I accepted the offer to buy this eTrex, and I wasn't even given the common courtesy of any further contact, negative or positive. The least the person could have done was to say they had changed their mind.

I'm canceling this sale and the eTrex is no longer for sale; I'm going to give it to my nieces.

That user is brand new to the forums and they only have two posts. It is possible that they didn't realize that they needed to come back and check for a reply.

You might try sending a PM or sending them a message via their profile on Geocaching.com.

It's probably an innocent thing. They probably have no idea that you responded.

I'd be happy to step up and take it. Typical newbie, I foolishly bought on the spur of the moment and am seriously regretting it now.

nogoodkris, could you please email me here:

cachinemail@yahoo.com

In the email, please give your name & mailing address so that I can go to the PO on Monday & see how much shipping is. I'll get back to you sometime Monday & let you know.

Thanks for your interest.

I'd be happy to step up and take it. Typical newbie, I foolishly bought on the spur of the moment and am seriously regretting it now.

And no I didn't foolishy buy and regret it, I just thought for some reason if someone had answered my post I would have gotten and e-mail or something saying I had a reply. Probably my fault for getting so used to Facebook which does that. My bad and I aplogize to the seller. It wasn't my intention on not buying. Again, Thanks.

That user is brand new to the forums and they only have two posts. It is possible that they didn't realize that they needed to come back and check for a reply.

You might try sending a PM or sending them a message via their profile on Geocaching.com.

It's probably an innocent thing. They probably have no idea that you responded.

Motorcycle Mama,

If I had contacted somebody about purchasing an item they had for sale, I'd be checking back every day, probably several times a day, to see what was going on with the transaction. I wouldn't expect them to try and get ahold of me so that I might complete the transaction.

So, uhm, still for sale?

So far, it's sold, I think. Not sure though because there may have been a misunderstanding. For some reason, she might have thought this was the eTrex Venture, and it isn't. I googled the eTrex Venture & it is yellow. Never thought that somebody might think it was the Venture. Mine is the plain old yellow eTrex.

Please stay tuned LOL

So, uhm, still for sale?

So far, it's sold, I think. Not sure though because there may have been a misunderstanding. For some reason, she might have thought this was the eTrex Venture, and it isn't. I googled the eTrex Venture & it is yellow. Never thought that somebody might think it was the Venture. Mine is the plain old yellow eTrex.

Please stay tuned LOL

You know what? Keep the money. My cash. My son doesn't need another lego set. I'm just telling you what I saw on ebay. And you obviously won't let it slide so it must be critical that I apologize to your gps. I told you I didn't know anything about them. I didn't realize gps's had such delicate egos and would never try to insult one. Luckily I have a very strong ego; if anyone's been rude, it's you. I was hoping for a friendly resolution, but I don't think that will happen. I try to go through life making people happy, so consider the $60 a gift. And to everyone else out there looking for a deal, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this one.

On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:11 PM, D D wrote:

You know, it's actually quite rude to suggest that my gpsr is only worth around $20, but I let that slide. Now you seem to be running it down even more. I didn't mislead you on my post on geocaching.com. Nowhere did I write that it was anything more than a plain old eTrex, period. I guess you should've asked questions, instead of simply assuming?

It IS brand new & I believe it IS worth $50. I already came down $10 on it, from $60.

The car GPS isn't my fault.

Yes, you can enter coordinates on this one. I believe, if you buy a cable, you can download them from your computer as well. I don't know, because we haven't had it out of the package.

And you again run down our gpsr, when you suggest it "might" sell for $30.

I would have been more than happy to just send your money back to you, since you assumed our gpsr was one thing & it was another, if you had simply asked.

--- On Thu, 7/22/10, wrote:

Subject: Re: Venture

To: "D D"

Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 3:38 PM

It seems we have reached an impasse : )

I don't really believe it's worth $50. You should have my money in a day or so. Are you willing to take less? I've already spent $70 on a car GPS that's useless. Can you enter coordinates on this one? I don't even know what questions to ask. I'm ready to give up on geocaching without even setting foot on a trail. Right now there's an etrex on ebay that'll probably sell around 30. What makes sense for us to do?

On Jul 22, 2010, at 11:07 AM, D D wrote:

Yeah. I didn't put "Venture" anyplace in my post. It's just an eTrex.

--- On Thu, 7/22/10,wrote:

To: DD

Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 2:34 AM

etrex as in plain, no H after it, the one manufactured in 2002 available on ebay for $20? Oh no.

On Jul 21, 2010, at 10:20 PM, D D wrote:

Hey,

I thought of something this afternoon that completely went over my head before. Your subject line has "venture" in it. I hope you don't think that the eTrex is an eTrex Venture, because it isn't. It's the plain old yellow eTrex.

Let me know.

--- On Wed, 7/21/10, nogoodkris wrote:

To:

Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 2:31 AM

It went out this afternoon, priority mail, delivery confirmation. Hopefully you'll have it by Friday!

--- On Sun, 7/18/10,

Subject: Venture

To:

Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 5:56 AM

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are the vitals:

I'd be happy to pay you a flat rate, like Priority Mail or something like that, it's such a good deal.

Know anyone who wants a Mio Moov 300? I prefer maps for driving : )

So, uhm, still for sale?

Please stay tuned LOL

You know what? Keep the money. My cash. My son doesn't need another lego set. I'm just telling you what I saw on ebay. And you obviously won't let it slide so it must be critical that I apologize to your gps. I told you I didn't know anything about them. I didn't realize gps's had such delicate egos and would never try to insult one. Luckily I have a very strong ego; if anyone's been rude, it's you. I was hoping for a friendly resolution, but I don't think that will happen. I try to go through life making people happy, so consider the $60 a gift. And to everyone else out there looking for a deal, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this one.

On Jul 22, 2010, at 1:11 PM, D D wrote:

You know, it's actually quite rude to suggest that my gpsr is only worth around $20, but I let that slide. Now you seem to be running it down even more. I didn't mislead you on my post on geocaching.com. Nowhere did I write that it was anything more than a plain old eTrex, period. I guess you should've asked questions, instead of simply assuming?

It IS brand new & I believe it IS worth $50. I already came down $10 on it, from $60.

The car GPS isn't my fault.

Yes, you can enter coordinates on this one. I believe, if you buy a cable, you can download them from your computer as well. I don't know, because we haven't had it out of the package.

And you again run down our gpsr, when you suggest it "might" sell for $30.

I would have been more than happy to just send your money back to you, since you assumed our gpsr was one thing & it was another, if you had simply asked.

--- On Thu, 7/22/10, wrote:

To: "D D"

Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 3:38 PM

It seems we have reached an impasse : )

I don't really believe it's worth $50. You should have my money in a day or so. Are you willing to take less? I've already spent $70 on a car GPS that's useless. Can you enter coordinates on this one? I don't even know what questions to ask. I'm ready to give up on geocaching without even setting foot on a trail. Right now there's an etrex on ebay that'll probably sell around 30. What makes sense for us to do?

On Jul 22, 2010, at 11:07 AM, D D wrote:

Yeah. I didn't put "Venture" anyplace in my post. It's just an eTrex.

--- On Thu, 7/22/10,wrote:

To: DD

Date: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 2:34 AM

etrex as in plain, no H after it, the one manufactured in 2002 available on ebay for $20? Oh no.

On Jul 21, 2010, at 10:20 PM, D D wrote:

Hey,

I thought of something this afternoon that completely went over my head before. Your subject line has "venture" in it. I hope you don't think that the eTrex is an eTrex Venture, because it isn't. It's the plain old yellow eTrex.

Let me know.

--- On Wed, 7/21/10, nogoodkris wrote:

To:

Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 2:31 AM

It went out this afternoon, priority mail, delivery confirmation. Hopefully you'll have it by Friday!

--- On Sun, 7/18/10,

Subject: Venture

To:

Date: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 5:56 AM

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are the vitals:

I'd be happy to pay you a flat rate, like Priority Mail or something like that, it's such a good deal.

Know anyone who wants a Mio Moov 300? I prefer maps for driving : )

WHO DO I REPORT THIS SMEAR CAMPAIGN TO??? WHOSE FAULT IS IT IF SOMEBODY CAN'T READ?

I don't see her trying to "destroy your reputation" at all. I see a misunderstanding, especially on your end. She didn't suggest that yours would sell for $30, she said there is one on ebay selling for $30. She didn't run-down your GPSr, she asked if there was a solution to this little pickle.

I think you need to re-read her responses to you. Your posts are actually quite inflammatory and reactionary, not hers.

The easy way to avoid this is to put the part number. Usually is something like 010-xxxxx-xx. That way no one can possibly claim that you mislead them on exactly which unit you are talking about.

Just a suggestion.

I don't see her trying to "destroy your reputation" at all. I see a misunderstanding, especially on your end. She didn't suggest that yours would sell for $30, she said there is one on ebay selling for $30. She didn't run-down your GPSr, she asked if there was a solution to this little pickle.

I think you need to re-read her responses to you. Your posts are actually quite inflammatory and reactionary, not hers.

Oh really? This isn't running down my gpsr?:

"etrex as in plain, no H after it, the one manufactured in 2002 available on ebay for $20? Oh no."

I'd say that's running down my gpsr.

[/size]

Then there was this little jewel: "I don't really believe it's worth $50."

Who asked her what she thought it was worth? That's what it was offered at, and she indicated that she would be willing to pay it.

I even offered to give her her money back:

"I would have been more than happy to just send your money back to you, since you assumed our gpsr was one thing & it was another, if you had simply asked."

And then she said:

"You know what? Keep the money. My cash. My son doesn't need another lego set."

I guess my offer of a refund wasn't good enough?

Then there was this:

"And to everyone else out there looking for a deal, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this one."

How is THAT not trying to destroy my reputation?

Who has the gpsr & the money? I have the gpsr. I don't know where the money is. She says it's in the mail.

As for getting along, that would be nice.

The easy way to avoid this is to put the part number. Usually is something like 010-xxxxx-xx. That way no one can possibly claim that you mislead them on exactly which unit you are talking about.

Just a suggestion.

The OP was clear on what was for sale.

It says: "Package contains: eTrex personal navigator, wrist strap, user's guide, quick start guide".

But, WOW on the responses.

Just a suggestion.

The OP was clear on what was for sale.

It says: "Package contains: eTrex personal navigator, wrist strap, user's guide, quick start guide".

But, WOW on the responses.

You're right, the OP was. But it was obviously confusing to some. Confusion that could have been avoided with a part number.

And yes, WOW on the responses is correct. Yeesh.

Just forget it. My reputation on here is totally ruined now. Now I feel that I can't sell anything on here. Thanks a bunch.

As far as the people I supposedly "wronged", In my opinion, it is irresponsible to say you'll do something and then just leave somebody hanging. Plus, to gang up on somebody that is trying to do the right thing is pretty lame.

Outta here. I'll get somebody to sell these things on ebay or someplace for me.

"And to everyone else out there looking for a deal, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this one."

Given the way you have responded to people and continue to shout and rant, it's just good advise to stay far, far, aways from this one.

Then I guess the malicious slander DID work, didn't it? It has ruined my ability to sell anything on this website.

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that would be pretty upset if somebody said those things to them. But to maliciously slander me publicly, online, where everybody will see it, is inexcusable.

The longer these posts stay online, the more damage will be done to my reputation.

Guess that doesn't matter, does it? It just matters that everybody gangs up on me and slams me FOR the offender, I guess.

Given the way you have responded to people and continue to shout and rant, it's just good advise to stay far, far, aways from this one.

Then I guess the malicious slander DID work, didn't it? It has ruined my ability to sell anything on this website.

Nope. You ripping wild_child a new one just because she didn't understand the forums did it. You ripping Motorcycle Momma a new one after she tried to explain that it was a newbie did it. You ranting at nogoodkris after he made a mistake did it.

Pretty much you ruined your own reputation by your own actions.

Just ask a mod to close the tread (as Keystone has suggested)...it will die and fall off the bottom of the page...

I already DID ask somebody to erase the offending, maliciously slanderous posts, but nothing has happened yet.

I don't want to wait until it just falls off the bottom of the page because the longer it remains visible, the more damage is done to my reputation.

It isn't fair that somebody can do this to you. Money is tight at our house right now because of the economy and we needed to sell these things. It isn't fair that somebody can be so cruel.

I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that would be pretty upset if somebody said those things to them. But to maliciously slander me publicly, online, where everybody will see it, is inexcusable.

The longer these posts stay online, the more damage will be done to my reputation.

Guess that doesn't matter, does it? It just matters that everybody gangs up on me and slams me FOR the offender, I guess.

The longer you rant the more damage you do to your reputation.

Take the dragon and keystone's advice and just ask for the thread to be closed. That is your best course of action.

Nope. You ripping wild_child a new one just because she didn't understand the forums did it. You ripping Motorcycle Momma a new one after she tried to explain that it was a newbie did it. You ranting at nogoodkris after he made a mistake did it.

Pretty much you ruined your own reputation by your own actions.

WRONG! I was explaining to motorcycle moma that I thought it was irresponsible for somebody to just leave somebody hanging after they made a deal, and, newbie or not, she should have been checking back. Much sooner than 4 days.

nogoodkris didn't make a mistake. She ran down what she agreed to buy and then wrote that stuff that, IMO, was meant to, and has, ruined my reputation on here.

The longer you rant the more damage you do to your reputation.

Take the dragon and keystone's advice and just ask for the thread to be closed. That is your best course of action.

My BEST course of action is NOT to just let the thread go, being read by God knows how many people. It IS to have it removed entirely, but nobody has done that. Therefore, my reputation is being destroyed.

nogoodkris didn't make a mistake. She ran down what she agreed to buy and then wrote that stuff that, IMO, was meant to, and has, ruined my reputation on here.

No he didn't. He thought he was buying a Venture. He DID make a mistake there as you were very clear in what you were selling.

When he figured out what he was actually buying he simply told you what he thought it was worth and asked if there was anything the two of you could do to fix the problem.

That's not running down your gps.

You responding by ranting away and you have continued to rant.

I wouldn't refuse to do business with you based on nogoodkris' mistake. I would refuse to do business with you because if someone makes a mistake, you go off like a mad man.

Just ask the mods to close the thread. That's the best you're going to get.

No he didn't. He thought he was buying a Venture. He DID make a mistake there as you were very clear in what you were selling.

When he figured out what he was actually buying he simply told you what he thought it was worth and asked if there was anything the two of you could do to fix the problem.

That's not running down your gps.

You responding by ranting away and you have continued to rant.

I wouldn't refuse to do business with you based on nogoodkris' mistake. I would refuse to do business with you because if someone makes a mistake, you go off like a mad man.

Just ask the mods to close the thread. That's the best you're going to get.

+1

How do you get ahold of these mods then, if not by reporting a post or by contacting "admin"? Where IS everybody?

They have seen your "report"...take a look at your other thread in Web Site Forum...all three reports...

Oops, did the OP forget to check back on the thread? :laughing:

Because keystone clearly offered to close the thread if you want.

How do you get ahold of these mods then, if not by reporting a post or by contacting "admin"? Where IS everybody?
Ummm.... somebody disagreeing with you on the value of something you are trying to sell is not exactly malicious slander. However, you accusing them of it in a public forum may well be just that, in a legal sense. At the very least, it sure seems to me to be in violation of the forum guidelines:

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

As for having these messages deleted, again I would refer you to the forum guidelines:

11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely even that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.

PS: Is the unit still for sale?

Ummm.... somebody disagreeing with you on the value of something you are trying to sell is not exactly malicious slander. However, you accusing them of it in a public forum may well be just that, in a legal sense. At the very least, it sure seems to me to be in violation of the forum guidelines:

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

As for having these messages deleted, again I would refer you to the forum guidelines:

11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely even that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.

PS: Is the unit still for sale?

I'm not the one who did the posting of the accusations on the board in the first place. SHE IS THE ONE WHO SAID FOR EVERYBODY TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS DEAL. NOT ME. THAT'S MALICIOUS.

NO, NONE OF THE GPSR'S I HAVE LISTED ARE FOR SALE ANYMORE. WOULDN'T DO ANY GOOD, BECAUSE MY REPUTATION IS NOW RUINED ON HERE BECAUSE OF MALICIOUS SLANDER!!!

THANKS TO THAT, I WON'T EVEN TRY ANYMORE!

Well, it's been 4 days since I accepted the offer to buy this eTrex, and I wasn't even given the common courtesy of any further contact, negative or positive. The least the person could have done was to say they had changed their mind.

IMO the slandering started right there, in the bolded part.

Your impatience started you on a rant, and the whole thread just went downhill from there. :laughing:

NO, NONE OF THE GPSR'S I HAVE LISTED ARE FOR SALE ANYMORE.

In light of this, I am closing the thread. The OP is advised to make any further comments in the parallel thread started in the Geocaching.com Web Site forum. The OP is further cautioned to play nicely in any future dealings with other forum community members.