Cache's TB Inventory incorrect?

Agonistes

The simplest reason is because someone picks up a trackable and doesn't log it.

They may have forgot to log, placed or lost the bug and no longer have the number, or at the worst, have stolen the trackable (usually coins) and keep it.

Its a sad fact that trackables go missing. Lucky ones turn up eventually, but often when they do vanish, they're gone.

Have there been recent logs of someone grabbing the trackable? Or someone on vacation may have picked them up and not had a chance to log them.

If they've only been missing for a short while, give them time.

If they've been missing for awhile, the cache owner has the ability to clear the inventory by marking the bug missing.

If they've been missing for awhile, the cache owner has the ability to clear the inventory by marking the bug missing.

Sadly, too many cache owners, even when nudged to do this, can't seem to be bothered. To me, it is part of cache maintenance and trackables missing for awhile should be marked missing. This doesn't, in any way, interfere with someone logging them later ... if they turn up ... and it saves those of us who want to move trackables from stopping at empty caches when a choice of stops, particularly when on a road-trip, needs to be made.

Luckily I found one today while I was out, I noted that it was recently dropped off in that cache. So I decided to go and check for myself, and sure enough I found it. I'm in Huntsville, TX and this little guy wants to be moved near the Dallas area, luckily I'm heading to Dallas next week! What luck!

Sadly, too many cache owners, even when nudged to do this, can't seem to be bothered. To me, it is part of cache maintenance and trackables missing for awhile should be marked missing. This doesn't, in any way, interfere with someone logging them later ... if they turn up ... and it saves those of us who want to move trackables from stopping at empty caches when a choice of stops, particularly when on a road-trip, needs to be made.

how hard can it be? its two clicks to mark it missing.