Handing off TB?......

Guest wizmedic

Guest wizmedic

Hey All,

How do you hand off TB to other geocache users on the TB pages? I read all the FAQ and never found the answer. Thanks for any help....

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by wizmedic (edited 14 November 2001).]

Guest Markwell

According to Jeremy, the person just needs to grab the bug as if they grabbed it from the cache. I'm doing this with four bugs for the four TBs involved in the Challenge of the Superfriends.

Currently, these four bugs are in my "possession." When my four contacts across the US get the bugs, they'll have the 6 digit code for the bug. They just click on the found it and log it as being in their possession. The bugs do not have to be in a cache to be found.

The benefit with this scenario is that they don't travel any miles when they go person to person. When I shipped 3 of the 4 bugs today, they'll be going about 500+ miles each before they're even placed in their first cache. But I would only want to track their distance from cache to cache. This type of handoff eliminates those first 500+ miles.

Guest wizmedic

Hmm...coool! Thanks for the reply.....I have ten Tommy's that I am trying to get all tagged. I have a few in Utah, Missouri, Maryland and Canada.

A>

Thanks again for the help and information!

Cheers! icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by wizmedic (edited 14 November 2001).]

Guest Markwell

your own physical progress (non geocache) in the logs as well. That way if you pass it on to someone you meet you can indicate via geolocation where you met and that can be logged as well.

Person-to-person logs may happen. I'll set it up for that contingency.

And in my opinion, as long as you either indirectly (through geocaches) or directly (through handoff) transfer a Bug from one person to another, I have no problems with it. Shipping by any method other than perhaps by helium balloon or corked bottle just seems unfair.

I do agree if you ship a bug before you launch it, there's no issue.

And throw it all out the window if a geocacher decides that s/he wants to ship it as part of the mission parameters (Thanks Artful Dodger). These are just guidelines, anyway.

and here he talks about recreating logs...

quote:
17 October 2001 02:49 PM

In some cases (Like Buzz Lightyear), I very much would like to recreate his travels through the Travel Bugs. I did this with an alien from New York, and will be doing it for Moun10bike's stash hopper. If I know the usernames and the caches, I can recreate the travels for you. Just email me at contact at geocaching dot com.

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 15 November 2001).]

Guest DenaliNW

quote:
17 October 2001 02:49 PM

In some cases (Like Buzz Lightyear), I very much would like to recreate his travels through the Travel Bugs. I did this with an alien from New York, and will be doing it for Moun10bike's stash hopper. If I know the usernames and the caches, I can recreate the travels for you. Just email me at contact at geocaching dot com.

Unless of course he is really busy. Which I can't help but think he is. I'm patiently waiting for the changes to be made on Buzz' behalf. icon_biggrin.gif