Help with ID please, damaged benchmark

Fenix6372

Can anyone please help me with this, I recently took a trip to Galveston Island, Tx and stumbled on this benchmark. I'm sorry to say that I did not have my GPSr with me so I can't give you coordinates, but it was near the statue that is in rememberance of the victims of the turn of the century hurricane. It seems to be damaged, possibly some identifying marks are now unreadable, just seeing if anyone has any ideas as to how to figure out which mark this is. It says it is a horizontal control mark, but those have several names and the ones around Galveston seem to be called tidal marks or something like that. Any help would be appreciated!10190033sm.JPG

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there" -Yogi Berra

Here's the area. CROCKETT RM 2 (Looks like the USPS had a mark event in 1989)

There is reference to this mark in the recovery notes, but I don't have time to search the rest of the marks listed.

"1979 by NOS (GOOD)

RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1979 (RCM) THE STATION, CROCKETT 2 1974 AND CROCKETT RM 1 WERE RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION AND AS DESCRIBED IN 1978. THE DISTANCES TO ALL MARKS COMPARED WITH THE 1978 OBSERVATIONS. THE STATION WAS NOT OCCUPIED AT THIS TIME. HIEGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN WAS 1.48 METERS."