Garmin Dakota 20 vs. Oregon 300 or 450

EarLady

I'm quite new to geocaching. I started with a Magellan Explorist, but it's greyscale, and doesn't allow direct sends from Geocaching.com. I've done lots of research and am considering a Garmin Dakota 20, or the Oregon 300 or 450. Any comments? Does anyone know if Garmin has truly fixed the software issues in the Dakota 20?

Got our Dakota 20 2 weeks ago or so and love it. I went to the Garmin site and downloaded the latest beta updates so not sure what issues there may have been. Only issues we are having is that we haven't learned all this little unit can do. So far it couldn't be more perfect for us. It got banged around and rained on today and worked just fine.

I would have considered the Oregons but their prices were a bit out of my league and the deal on the D20 was just too good to pass up.

I'm quite new to geocaching. I started with a Magellan Explorist, but it's greyscale, and doesn't allow direct sends from Geocaching.com. I've done lots of research and am considering a Garmin Dakota 20, or the Oregon 300 or 450. Any comments? Does anyone know if Garmin has truly fixed the software issues in the Dakota 20?

I was struggling with the same issue. I eventually went for the Oregon 450? Why? Screen was a bit larger and it was brighter, so I thought it was worth the extra $30 or so for the 450. I love the 450, the 3 way compass, the ability to paperlessly geocache.

Good luck in the choice.