Geocoin etiquette

schwcoop

Hello,

In the last cache I found, (les marmottons, GC14GQ9) I saw a geocoin. I decided not to take it because:

1/ what is the "trade" for a geocoin? another one? none? It was my first geocoin and my third cache found

2/ I was not sure if I would be able to put it in another cache soon. Living in Paris, we have a lot of nano or micro so putting a big coin is not easy.

Can I have some insights about what to do!

thanks in advance

Hello,

In the last cache I found, (les marmottons, GC14GQ9) I saw a geocoin. I decided not to take it because:

1/ what is the "trade" for a geocoin? another one? none? It was my first geocoin and my third cache found

2/ I was not sure if I would be able to put it in another cache soon. Living in Paris, we have a lot of nano or micro so putting a big coin is not easy.

thanks in advance

Travelers -Travel Bugs and Geocoins- are not swag or swaps.

You do not take something if you leave a traveler, you do not have to leave something if you take a traveler (but it is nice to!)

The guideline is to place the traveler in another cache within 2 weeks... Not always possible, it can stretch to a month.

IF it does get difficult to place the traveler in a short time, it's nice to let the owner know.

Hello,

thanks in advance

Geocoins and travel bugs are not swag, so your first reason to not take the coin does not partain to the situation.

Now, the second reason is a good one that I am glad that you considered. Geocoins are meant to travel, so if you don't foresee having the opportunity to move it along in the near future, it is best to leave the coin in the cache.

You may "discover" the coin if you do not choose to pick it up. Just copy the tracking number, go to the log page for the traveler and choose the discover option. That way, you will have the coin's icon appear in your list of trackables found and a record of having seen it.

Hello,

thanks in advance

Geocoins and travel bugs are not swag, so your first reason to not take the coin does not partain to the situation.

Now, the second reason is a good one that I am glad that you considered. Geocoins are meant to travel, so if you don't foresee having the opportunity to move it along in the near future, it is best to leave the coin in the cache.

You may "discover" the coin if you do not choose to pick it up. Just copy the tracking number, go to the log page for the traveler and choose the discover option. That way, you will have the coin's icon appear in your list of trackables found and a record of having seen it.

thank you for your insights!

Pierre

Hello,

thanks in advance

thank you! next time, if I cant take it, I will "discover" it!

Pierre