June statistics

holograph

I guess that the NGS has a somewhat unpredictable update schedule.

I have a question about the maps, which I always look forward to. The top map is captioned "Total GEOCAC Recoveries as of May 1, 2010." The bottom map is captioned "Recent GEOCAC Recoveries from May 1, 2010 to May 31, 2010. Is there a way to have the top map include the recent recoveries shown on the bottom map?

Of course, we all appreciate your endeavors when it comes to updating all of the county maps and numbers. We're all looking forward to the next NGS update! :ph34r:

I guess that the NGS has a somewhat unpredictable update schedule.

I have a question about the maps, which I always look forward to. The top map is captioned "Total GEOCAC Recoveries as of May 1, 2010." The bottom map is captioned "Recent GEOCAC Recoveries from May 1, 2010 to May 31, 2010. Is there a way to have the top map include the recent recoveries shown on the bottom map?

Of course, we all appreciate your endeavors when it comes to updating all of the county maps and numbers. We're all looking forward to the next NGS update! :ph34r:

The maps are consistent. Likely I made a mistake in updating the captions. They both contain data through the end of May.

I see that the captions for the maps are now consistent. On the "recent recoveries" map, the seven counties in northwest Ohio show new recoveries through May 31. On the "total recoveries" map, though, the same seven counties show no recoveries through May 31. Which of the two maps is displaying the correct information?

I see that the captions for the maps are now consistent. On the "recent recoveries" map, the seven counties in northwest Ohio show new recoveries through May 31. On the "total recoveries" map, though, the same seven counties show no recoveries through May 31. Which of the two maps is displaying the correct information?

They are all correct, and have been since last June. Very likely you need to clear your browser cache. When I looked just now to check, the thumbnail and full image appeared correctly, but the zoomed-in version didn't appear correctly until I cleared the browser cache. It could be that Adobe Flash has a more aggressive caching policy than the browser has for regular images.

I started logging my benchmark finds to the NGS in April and none of mine have shown up yet!

It takes time for the NGS to update the datasheets. What are some of the PIDs you logged?

Here are a few of the benchmarks that I have logged to the NGS.

GT0402, GT0415, GT0426, GT1219 and Gt1183. These were all posted in May of this year. I have posted 322 benchmarks to the Geocaching.com site but only in the last few months started posting to the NGS.

None of my statistics show up on the NGS stat page....do you know why?

GT0402, GT0415, GT0426, GT1219 and Gt1183. These were all posted in May of this year. I have posted 322 benchmarks to the Geocaching.com site but only in the last few months started posting to the NGS.

Yes, the initials "TG" had already been used by bblhed, so the recoveries were being credited to that user. I've modified the tables so that any "TG" recoveries in California get credited to you, and the stats page has been updated.

Since the only identifying information on the NGS datasheets is the initials, I keep a cross reference of initials to geocacher ID. It is not feasible to try to figure out who reported each specific PID, so if a set of initials has been previously identified, all recoveries with those initials are counted under the previously identified ID. For three-letter initials, the assumption is relatively safe. For two-letter initials, it is unsafe, so recently I added a cross reference table which can be used to identify initials within state and county. Unfortunately, bblhed had begun using the "TG" initials in 2004, before I had the new tables in place, so all "TG" recoveries were credited to bblhed.

Now that I've added "TG" to the state/county lookup table, all California recoveries under "TG" will be credited to tom&si. Any "TG" recoveries outside California or Connecticut will be flagged and I will have to do extra work to figure out who should be credited.

Now that I've added "TG" to the state/county lookup table, all California recoveries under "TG" will be credited to tom&si. Any "TG" recoveries outside California or Connecticut will be flagged and I will have to do extra work to figure out who should be credited.

We should probably all get together on here and sort out our initials? :rolleyes:

Yes, the initials "TG" had already been used by bblhed, so the recoveries were being credited to that user. I've modified the tables so that any "TG" recoveries in California get credited to you, and the stats page has been updated.

Since the only identifying information on the NGS datasheets is the initials, I keep a cross reference of initials to geocacher ID. It is not feasible to try to figure out who reported each specific PID, so if a set of initials has been previously identified, all recoveries with those initials are counted under the previously identified ID. For three-letter initials, the assumption is relatively safe. For two-letter initials, it is unsafe, so recently I added a cross reference table which can be used to identify initials within state and county. Unfortunately, bblhed had begun using the "TG" initials in 2004, before I had the new tables in place, so all "TG" recoveries were credited to bblhed.

Thanks for all your efforts, it's greatly appreciated.

Tom

Has anyone else noticed missing reports from datasheets?

Several of my submissions after March 14th are not listed in the sheets, even though I know I submitted them. And a few stations have recoveries that are after when I would have submitted them.

I'm hopin' I didn't get Dave or Deb mad at me for some unknown reason..

I started logging my benchmark finds to the NGS in April and none of mine have shown up yet!

It takes time for the NGS to update the datasheets. What are some of the PIDs you logged?

Holograph, in an attempt to make your life easier I have changed my initials on the NGS site from TG to TDG. I hope that will help you keep things sorted out.

Thanks again for all your help,

Tom

Holograph, in an attempt to make your life easier I have changed my initials on the NGS site from TG to TDG. I hope that will help you keep things sorted out.

Thanks again for all your help,

Tom