Clarification on "No stickers"

MisterEFQ

Just a quick question. When a CO says "No Stickers" are they refering to the stickers people use to sign the logs, or people who give stickers as swag? We have a bag of stickers in our swag box that we carry with us and add them to caches all the time. We dont swap for them though, unless its another sticker.

Thanks!

Just my opinion, but I believe it refers to the use of stickers in place of signing the log. They waste a lot of space and make the log difficult to roll up. They're especially wasteful on the smaller caches.

I can't imagine why a CO would prohibit stickers that kids typically enjoy playing with from a cache. Maybe someone has a good reason.

Thats what I was thinking too, I just wanted to make sure. Some say they will remove the online logs if people use stickers.

I have a few choice words I could use for someone that would delete online logs because the person signed the physical log book with a sticker.

Some people plan out a full day of Geocaching. If they don't have a copy of the description with them, they may not know, or remember that the CO requested no stickers.

I use stickers where possible (log book large enough for my small Avery address labels) as is easier when out with a group (most cases a hand full of kids), and my hand writing sucks (should have been a doctor).

I hand write logs on micros, nanos or caches with small log books or logs that are running low on space. I believe the labels I use are 1/4" x 3/4" with enough white space for a date to be written on it.

Oftern less than durable cache containers draw moisture and end up wet. If i were to leave stickers I'd get some little ziplock baggies to put them in.

Thats a good idea. The moist caches we just sign the logs and trade for non paper swag if possible. But we always like to leave something if there is room. That would work out great.

Just a quick question. When a CO says "No Stickers" are they refering to the stickers people use to sign the logs, or people who give stickers as swag? We have a bag of stickers in our swag box that we carry with us and add them to caches all the time. We dont swap for them though, unless its another sticker.

Thanks!

Perhaps you could email such a CO and ask? If you do, would you mind sharing the response?

Thanks.

Thats what I was thinking too, I just wanted to make sure. Some say they will remove the online logs if people use stickers.

I have a few choice words I could use for someone that would delete online logs because the person signed the physical log book with a sticker.

Some people plan out a full day of Geocaching. If they don't have a copy of the description with them, they may not know, or remember that the CO requested no stickers.

I use stickers where possible (log book large enough for my small Avery address labels) as is easier when out with a group (most cases a hand full of kids), and my hand writing sucks (should have been a doctor).

I hand write logs on micros, nanos or caches with small log books or logs that are running low on space. I believe the labels I use are 1/4" x 3/4" with enough white space for a date to be written on it.

Could this be a form of ALR? But I suspect that deleting a log because a sticker was used would fall outside the guidelines and if pushed the frog probably would re-instate the log. Probably if the CO continues this practice they probably would have a unplanned vacation. Wonder about stamps?