Mystery Coin: Close Encointer of the Third Kind: COINTACT

FreLeCo

I have been traveling quite a bit over the last couple of months and just got home a week or so ago. I discovered a silver padded envelope awaiting me when I got back to Idaho. Upon opening the package I discovered one of these interested coins inside just for me. How thoughtful! I absolutely love this coin. Close Encounters of the Third Kind was probably the first movie I ever saw as a kid at the drive-in and has been one of my favorites ever since. Thank you so much whoever this mystery person is :laughing: It looks like I received 029. Thank you for thinking of me!!!!

# 151 off into the desert soon - temps over 50 Celcius normal now (122 F)

Ummm I know that no one is quiet sure what these mysterious containers might be capable of until someone can obtain access to the unit interior... But with #151 firmly in my grasp there is no way it is off to any desert anytime soon :D

Two 151's maybe or a number check your end Carbon :D

it is so fun to still be reading all the sitings and landings. i think the mojave desert is the perfect place for ufo to visit. it is a strange and wonderful land - home to area 51 after all.

rsg

I thought that was where they originated from or was that the Bermuda triangle :anibad:

Holy Guacamole... I discovered that one of these coins had secretly arrived at my house sometime this summer and discretely hidden itself while I was on vacation.

While searching through weeks of mail, I uncovered the now heavily documented silverized package.

I attempted to open it, but have been blinded some kind of light emanating or reflecting off of its surface.

I don't have a research lab at my home facility so I took the package into my middle school to see if some of our equipment will assist in my analysis.

I have noticed one interesting side effect. My students this year are much calmer and polite than my last few groups so I think this device might be some kind of behavior modification tool. :laughing:

Further details coming soon

it is so fun to still be reading all the sitings and landings. i think the mojave desert is the perfect place for ufo to visit. it is a strange and wonderful land - home to area 51 after all.

rsg

I thought that was where they originated from or was that the Bermuda triangle :)

i am sure they originated from close by. they are too mysterious to have come from anywhere else.

I am so glad I finally found this thread!

I received a close encounter coin a few months ago, and like others was a bit confused about where it had come from. Kept wondering if I had signed up for something and forgotten about it (possible with the last couple of months I've had). Noticed the number but could never find a thread on it, and everytime I attempted to start a thread ... I got sidetracked (stupid shiny things that move!!!)

Anyway, a huge thank you to the mystery sender! I did receive the coin and it is beautiful. I am so excited to have received it and will treasure it. I'm only sorry I have not expressed my gratitude sooner. I send out a virtual hug to the sender ... where ever you are! :P I shall be boarding "unit # 024 now!!!

Edited by CUTT4

On the Monday after GCF I reached into the pouch on the back of my wheelchair for my notebook and found a Close Encounters coin ... wow, wow, wow!

I couldn't believe it, I'd had a close encounter and not even realised it!

I'd previously received one of these coins by mail, so (I hope it's ok) I passed the Close Encounter coin to Steve, aka Windsockers who had travelled to GCF from Ireland and had never seen one of these beauties before.

Steve had been very gallant in taking Kaz, Coco and I geocaching in his hired car, which meant we got so many more caches than we otherwise would have done.

Thank you to the mystery giver for sharing this kindness with us. :D

On the Monday after GCF I reached into the pouch on the back of my wheelchair for my notebook and found a Close Encounters coin ... wow, wow, wow!

I couldn't believe it, I'd had a close encounter and not even realised it!

I'd previously received one of these coins by mail, so (I hope it's ok) I passed the Close Encounter coin to Steve, aka Windsockers who had travelled to GCF from Ireland and had never seen one of these beauties before.

Steve had been very gallant in taking Kaz, Coco and I geocaching in his hired car, which meant we got so many more caches than we otherwise would have done.

Thank you to the mystery giver for sharing this kindness with us. :P

Yes indeed my first ever mystery coin has now come back to Ireland with me.

Thanks whoever you are :D:D:D:D

"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (in German: "Unheimliche Begenung der dritten Art") was my first movie which I saw in the cinema. My 4 year older brother wanted to see it and my parents allowed me to join him (I was 11 at that time). Oh my god, I was so excited! The scene which I have always in my mind is when Roy Neary had to stop his car in front of a railroad crossing at night and another "car" came behind him. He wanted it to just pass him and suddenly the "car" passed him - by flying over him. That was just too cool!!!

Now almost 33 years later (my god, what a long time!) I found out that there is a mystery coin "Close Encointers of the Third Kind" out there. If you still need test subjects I may be a good choice as I used to work in an R&D department before I changed to the university to impart my knowledge to others in May last year.

Yep...still hoping, what a great coin....we always check the mailbox twice :)

We checked twice today and a silver mailer slipped from amongst the bills and advertisements. WHOO HOOOO! We have been "Cointacted" by the aliens !!!

Thank you to the mysterious alien that sent this wonderful gift. A teasued part of our collection now, we are just GLOWING !!! Uh Oh... :unsure:

I have to tell you an incredible story about what happened this morning :

I stood up and had a look out of the window. I had some problems with my eyes because I saw some kind of vapor trails but they disappeared immediately and came back after a few seconds. I rubbed my eyes but they were still there. After a while wondering what was going on I saw the reason for it: SOMETHING WAS FLYING AROUND OUR HOUSE!!!!! I hurried to get my camera and was finally able to take a picture when the object was pretty close.

ceotk4l3d5pagou6.jpg

You can imagine that we were all really upset but the best thing is still to come: it landed right in our mailbox:

COINTACT!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Unit #130 landed in our house and it was very much welcomed. I LOVE it!

Thank you so much Alien mystery unit sender. This coin will always remind me on two things:

• the generosity of geocoiners

• my first film in the cinema with my brother

With so many sightings of this phenomena surfacing out there, I have begun looking in the night sky every night in hopes that I may be one of the chosen ones that are Cointacted!

This is an awesome coin built off of an awesome concept. Folks that receive it are truly the fortunate ones... Just avoid any exercises in hypnosis, you might not want to know what gets uncovered!!!

:) Keep looking up!

Starwolf

......to tell the truth I am really confused because I was really happy to received the silver bubble mailer last Saturday. I love it and it really mmade my weekend. I couldn't stop looking at it :rolleyes:

Then on Monday another bubble mailer (this time not silver) arrived in my mailbox - sent from me to me. Inside: another Close Encointers coin. I really love this coin and there is a special meaning to me about this coin so I am really really happy that I received one. Maybe there is a special meaning to it that I got 2 of them but I can't see any reason.

I hope I am not ungrateful when I say that one coin is great and enough because I am sure that there are other coiners who really would like to get one of these.

Please can someone tell me what I should do now - maybe one of the senders because I think there were 2 different senders.

On the third day of the GeocoinFest 2011 in Cologne, I had the pleasure of meeting some coiners from different countries. THis was really great. Especially when one of them had a Cole Encointer of the third kind, which he wanted to give to me. I already had received The Warrior the day before, and now this spaceship landed in my hand. How special can a coinevent be. Of course I dreamed about receiving a mystery coin, bur I didn't exspect to receive two mystery coins. I already had bought some nice coins and made some nice trades and now meeting such a nice person giving me this mystery coin, of wich I only could have dreamed of. This is already the best event I ever visited. I heard from somebody who had visited all coin events that have been before, that this was the bigest one. For me it was, but it was my first, so that was easy.

Now I'm ready to be picked up by such a spaceship :lol:

I want to thank the giver very much. I'm very happy with this gift.

Here it is:

CloseEncointersofthethirdkind1.jpg

CloseEncointersofthethirdkind2.jpg

CloseEncointersofthethirdkind3.jpg

Edited by JackHoe

Congratulations on a great coin! I saw many strange lights in the sky when I lived in Colorado but unfortunately I was never contacted! I even attempted to learn to play the keyboard so that I could jam with the aliens if I was ever contacted! ( we now return you to your regularly scheduled program)

This has been a totally amazing week. Yesterday I got a No-L coin and today a Close Encointer of the Third Kind mystery coin #144 to my mailbox. Never got a mystery coin before and now two in one week. What are the odds? I think I need to go out and play the lottery. Bummer, because Utah is only one of a few states that doesn't have a lottery. :rolleyes: Totally Amazing!! Thank you so much Mystery Person. Have a Very Merry Christmas!!!! :santa:

Boiler-Todd.

This has been a totally amazing week. Yesterday I got a No-L coin and today a Close Encointer of the Third Kind mystery coin #144 to my mailbox. Never got a mystery coin before and now two in one week. What are the odds? I think I need to go out and play the lottery. Bummer, because Utah is only one of a few states that doesn't have a lottery. :rolleyes: Totally Amazing!! Thank you so much Mystery Person. Have a Very Merry Christmas!!!! :santa:

Boiler-Todd.

Congrats on the amazing coin. You have had a great week. I too recieved the No L coin. I would love the get this one too. Maybe someday.

Boiler-Todd.

Congrats on the amazing coin. You have had a great week. I too recieved the No L coin. I would love the get this one too. Maybe someday.

Ditto! :lol: