Mystery Coin: Close Encointer of the Third Kind: COINTACT

FreLeCo

Watching "Cake Boss" tonight, we were dismayed when the picture on our HDTV screen dissolved into a badly-pixelated, black & white image. As the image started to resolve a little better, a message scrolled across the bottom of the screen...

"TRANSPORT VESSEL REQUIRES REPAIR. NEAREST INTER-GALACTIC REPAIR STATION HAS INITIATED MAINTENANCE ROUTINE. LOCALS HAVE CUSTODY OF SUBJECT #142. INITIAL FINDINGS WILL BE FORWARDED. COINTACT EXPECTED T + 36 HRS."

We managed to snap a quick picture before "Cake Boss" resumed...

77f84e6e-f3ee-4ab1-b2c3-8d8e42ecc55a.jpg

THANKS very much Mystery coiner! We're very excited to be taking part in this study.

:lol: Strange things in our mailbox today! A shiny silver package that said "Geofun Cointainment Unit" I turned it over several times, studied the stamps for awhile...had a pretty puzzled look on my face as to what this was exactly. I was pretty sure I had no trades or purchases coming my way.

I got the scissors out and carefully cut into the package still not sure what to expect....a U.F.O.!! :blink: Cool, but where did that come from??

I'm sure it is from out of this world cuz I sure did have to puzzle over the note that came with it. It took me awhile but it seems that we are part of a "Cointact Unit Study Group", it was "forwarded to us for our attention, study and safekeeping"....ok, we can handle all that.

Thanks much spacemen!...... :lol: Do ya think the little green men will come look in on us again???

....oops, forgot to post what # coin we received...177. We are ready for our assignment.

Just back from my holidays in several European countries, I emptied my mailbox to find a strange silver shining bubble mailer.

How strange, I didn't order any coins recently, and those I did order had arrived before I left.

So what is in this envelope?

The return address seemed strange, the stickers on it even more.

Carefully I opened the letter to find an interesting message and an even more interesting coin.

Thank you so much, mystery coin giver, it is very humbling to receive one of your coins.

#117 arrived in Germany, I'm glad to report.

4812813596_b5ceba1012.jpg

Wow!!!! I haven't received a coin package in so long that I never thought for a minute that I would be having a coin encounter. But sure enough, there it is - #108. What a fantastic coin.

Thank you so much to the Mystery coin giver. It will have a special place in our collection for sure...and just like all mystery gifts, they seem to arrive at that perfect time.

Just arrived from a week of vacation in Canada and while sifting through the junk mail noticed a shiny bubble mailer. I quickly opened it to discover this beautiful coin. Thank you so much for this unexpected but very much appreciated gift!

Cointact has been made! :) #91

Edited by dimkasmir

Received a nice shiny silver envelope a few days ago. The Test Unit inside is out of this world. Thank you for selecting me to become a researcher in this very important project. Unit #40 is now ready for intensive testing and observation.

Nice job on this mystery coin. The packaging, coin and website make this a lot of fun. Thanks again.

I had a Close Encounter of the Coin Kind the other day. I arrive at hone to find a shinny silver package awaiting my attention and research. I will complete my field mission and report back with my field notes. Testing and research will begin on specimen #14 right away! Thank for a chance to help out with the research.

:laughing:

Edited by Joe Friday

Hoping to find around 500 tengwars in my mailbox I found that I only had a couple bills and then this silver package levitated out and somehow managed to be opened right there in front of my mailbox.

Definitely the closest experience I've ever had, but I'm quite excited to be the 183rd person to have been affected in this way.

Tomorrow I'm going to wrap it in tin foil, duct-tape it to my GPSr and wholly expect an accuracy of something like 3mm. Sweet.

Hoping to find around 500 tengwars in my mailbox I found that I only had a couple bills and then this silver package levitated out and somehow managed to be opened right there in front of my mailbox.

Definitely the closest experience I've ever had, but I'm quite excited to be the 183rd person to have been affected in this way.

Tomorrow I'm going to wrap it in tin foil, duct-tape it to my GPSr and wholly expect an accuracy of something like 3mm. Sweet.

WOW. I hope that works. I know of a few caches that I could use that kind of accuracy to find. CONGRATULATIONS

I have been out of town, without a computer, for over a week and I must say a lot has been going on with unknown sitings of the cointact kind! :unsure:

What a joy it is to read about all of the "alien incidences". This coin seems to have imparted a lot of brain energy to those who have received this awesome coin. You are all so very clever and imaginative-both giver and receivers!

Congratulations to all of you! :(

Today a big surprise in my mailbox. A package from the US? Strange, although I now and than order something (often coins) from the US, I can't remember I'm still waiting for something.

Opening the package it appears a coin and a strange message. Great, a mystery coin, my first!

mysteryCoinFront.pngmysteryCoinBack.png

http://cointact.net

Thanks for the mystery sender! :unsure:

SOSv2

now that is simply clever! love the backstory to the coin and the simplicity of the design is fabulous!

PSYKONS0001 1692342-PPPP-CEMPUSG

SIC WAF

A 261301Z JUL 10

FM COINTACT UNIT STUDY PARTICIPANT PSYKO.NS

TO CEMPORS ADA MI

P R O P R I E T A R Y //N549672//

SUBJ: RE SUBJECT UNIT ASSIGNMENT

REFS: A. CEMPORS0017 182342 JUN 10

B. FORUMS.Groundspeak.COM(SLASH)GC(SLASH)INDEX.PHP?SHOWTOPIC=254290

1. RE REF A, SUBJ UNIT (DEVICE NUMBER 109 OR 601)IS CONFIRMED AS BEING SECURED IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION IN HALIFAX NOVA SCOTIA CANADA

2A. NO EVIDENCE OF BREACH OF COINTAINMENT BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONNEL WAS OBSERVED UPON RECEIPT.

2B. SUSPECT MULTIPLE GOVERNMENT AGENCIES IN AT LEAST TWO COUNTRIES INVOLVED IN SMUGGLING SUBJ UNIT ACROSS THE CAN(SLASH)US BORDER.

2C. WILL INVESTIGATE CONSPIRACY THEORY AND WILL REPORT SAME TO CEMPORS HQ ASAP.

3. COINTACT UNIT STUDY PARTICIPANT(CSUP) PSYKO.NS INDICATES AFFIRMATIVE RESPONSE TO ACCEPTING ASSIGNMENT.

4A. IAW REF A, INITIAL OBSERVATIONS AS FOLLOWS:

4B. CSUP PSYKO.NS IS IN FULL CONCURRANCE WITH OTHER COMMENTS MADE AT REF B.

4C. STRANGE PHENOMENON PREVIOUSLY OBSERVED IS AGAIN CONFIRMED. SUBJ UNIT SEEMS TO HAVE SOME ABILITY TO AFFECT TIMING, AS CSUP PSYKO.NS ALSO NEEDED A BOOST OUT OF MISERY DUE TO INJURY IN THE FAMILY.

4D. DEVICE ALSO SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO AFFECT NON(HYPHEN)HUMANOID BEINGS AS DOMESTIC ANIMAL COMPANION TO CSUP PSYKO.NS WAS INEXPLICABLY DRAWN TO SUBJ UNIT. LOUD PURRING WAS OBSERVED, AS WAS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF ROLLING UPON SUBJ UNIT.

5. CSUP PSYKO.NS INDICATES AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY LINE 4 OF SUBJ A. NIL CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ANY REQUESTS FOR PURCHASE OF SUBJ UNIT.

BT

I got back from holidays and found this coin in my mailbox! Awesome coin!

mailbox_20100725.jpg

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound, I was getting worried that the aliens may have abducted you :( instead they left their homing device for you Chuck :)

for all the others EC was in my neck of the woods and we had a great time meeting and caching (he cached I played host :D )

I'm a nervous wreck! I GOT ONE!!!! I couldn't believe it. I have been on vacation and all of the held mail was delivered on Monday and you know when you've been gone for over a week the mail is overwhelming, so I threw the rubber banded bundle on my desk until now. As I sorted through all the junk mail and bills, I saw that shiny silver envelope and I said to myself, "There is no way I'm getting this coin!" BUT THERE IT WAS! WOW! I am not worthy! As I have mentioned before, I'm usually never lucky, but I have certainly been blessed with more than my share of luck lately.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to take part in the alien research. Please add #31 to the list!

I was just here on Sunday, reading all of your wonderful responses. Believe me, I have so enjoyed these posts. Unfortunately, I couldn't be as clever as all of your responses. I was just too nervous and excited to think of anything!

Wow. I love these coins, we just got our very first geocoin, a 100 year BSA coin and just happened on this thread. Whoever came up with this idea was very very clever,the "researchers" did such a good job putting all of this together. Reminds me of my favorite show as a teen X-Files. I bet that cigarette smoking man is the one putting it all together so the aliens can study us. :)

Wow. I love these coins, we just got our very first geocoin, a 100 year BSA coin and just happened on this thread. Whoever came up with this idea was very very clever,the "researchers" did such a good job putting all of this together. Reminds me of my favorite show as a teen X-Files. I bet that cigarette smoking man is the one putting it all together so the aliens can study us. :)

I definitely have to agree. I really love the design and the whole idea behind it. Always had a large interest in the UFO phenomenon. I hope that one day I can have my own Close Encounter of the Third Coind. :)

I'm a bit sceptic about aliën life forms, but as I see all these posts with those nice looking coins I must say I'm starting to believe there must be something out their.... I'm a fan of X files and still hope to have a close encounter one day. Some say: first see, than believe, but some things you only will see if you believe in them.....

So today, I was running errands while my wife was getting her Pre-AP certification in junior high science. I decided to kill some time and go up to my school and see how things are coming along on some construction and other things.

Anyway, when I got to the office, the receptionist seemed to be in a trance, and it was eerily quiet. I too sense, something was strange and went to check my mailbox, when I saw, among the pile of other things, a silver envelope.

I have no idea how long unit #53 has sat there affecting my admin, but they seemed a bit more normal once I had opened it up and read the note.

Thank you to the mystery gifter. This is my first mystery coin, and I am pretty sure it's not going anywhere but to the research lab.

I recieved mine the other day and could not believe my incredible luck. I lurk the forums a lot more than I actually post so I was completely beside myself when I found a gleaming silver bubble cointainment unit in my mailbox. I trade often and purchase a lot of coins, have won cointests but an elusive mystery coin had always been a dream. I am going to register my new A/S UFO into the database so I can be fully involved in the project. To the great mystery coiner co-ordinating the research (and gifting the amazing tracking devices), thank you very much for including me in the Project.

Safekeeper of Unit #158

kayn_os

_os = Operation: Safekeeper

I received a silver mail package a week or so ago, I was well aware of what it might

possibly contain so some precautions were taken, but in hindsight I do not think a pair of

sunnies, a painters suit and kitchen tongs were enough protection.. you be the Judge.

Steady!! easy does it...

1a405177-940c-4567-826f-a295b6686af4.jpg

Hmmm Suddenly I feel a little strange,

can you hear that music?

f6e6fa44-27e5-41d5-8482-3ab02f4856da.jpg

I think you had better call someone... and quick!!

3857f58e-40ba-473d-92c7-e692730cb98e.jpg

After a week or so under observation I have been released and I'm now back to normal, If you

can call it normal :)

Happy to report #151 has been secured and there has not been a repeat after it's initial unpacking..

so far.

I received a silver mail package a week or so ago, I was well aware of what it might

possibly contain so some precautions were taken, but in hindsight I do not think a pair of

sunnies, a painters suit and kitchen tongs were enough protection.. you be the Judge.

After a week or so under observation I have been released and I'm now back to normal, If you

Happy to report #151 has been secured and there has not been a repeat after it's initial unpacking..

so far.

Wow! That's awesome! :D;):huh:

CF30

so far.

Wow! That's awesome! :D;):huh:

CF30

what she said!!!!!!!!! way too kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats... ;)

OMG! I am a bit late in reporting this VERY exciting event! I went to my mailbox and there I found a package... Yep, I knew for sure it was one of those fancy advertisements... After all, I haven't been logged into the forums for a while (so it couldn't be a coin). I opened the sweet silver package and THERE IT WAS!!! My heart started racing! as I logged into the forum to say THANK YOU!!

I have only had my WORK computer lately - so I have not been loggin' into the forum, but I am SO VERY thrilled to get this BEAUTIFUL coin!! The mistery coin givers are so VERY awesome and cool... thanks for thinking of me and bringing me a GREAT smile and a GREAT week!!

OverTheEdge

Too bad we were not home when the aliens invaded our mailbox, we were on vacation and missed them. I had the opportunity to see that very nice coin when we paid a surprise visit to burgessfour in Oregon. I bet that they were as surprised to see us as they were when they received that coin :P

Gladly though they left us a nice silver bubble mailer which was the first thing I opened when we got home ;)

We are recipient # 160

Thanks you mystery sender, we appreciate it very much :)

Holidays blocked the view of the mailbox.

Returning back home we found a shiny silver enveloppe with a shiny coin # 144.

We have been studying the coin and could only make 1 conclusion: beautifull.

Thank you very much!

Will send it on on its journey to let it be studied be other field researchers and let other geocachers also take part in this cointact unit study group.