Mystery Coin: Close Encointer of the Third Kind: COINTACT

FreLeCo

What a surprise. Went to get the mail and there was a silver shiny mailer. Not expecting anything I tore into it eagerly. Now we have been cointacted as well with #82. Thank you so much mystery alien.

I haven't been on the forums for while and cache when I can squeeze in a couple. Lots of aging parent issues lately. So this was a great surprise. :)

Karen

Okay..while I haven't opened it yet, I'm pretty sure the bubble mailer I received in my mailbox today contains this coin. Now my dilemma is while it is addressed to my address, it names a geocacher that doesn't live in my state. I checked the Geocoin Addresses document and come to find out it's pretty messed up. It listed a particular name (not mine) next to my geocaching name and address (I've already fixed it to show the right name). Should I open it? Or should I send it on to the person listed on the bubble mailer?

DID you email the mother ship to request mission clarification, you can let them know that you are willing to somplete the mission for the Fisrt Agent if they will allow you to gain top level clearance..... :)

Actually the mother ship contacted me. Told me to keep it and that they will make sure the person listed on the mailer will get one as well :)

#033 is hovering over my desk right now.

Thanks to the mystery sender!

Hi,

First thing I saw when I woke up this morning was this strange little green man. :)

IMG_0166.jpg

He suddenly vanished and he left behind (by mistake) the strange device he was holding ! :)

After having carefully studied the device I can now officially declare :

I am the lucky owner of the Cointact Coin # 178. :D:laughing:

Hope this strange creature won't come back to claim what he forgot... :D

Thanks mystery sender for your generosity ! :D

Edited by SecretChief

Really haven't ordered many coins lately so when a mailer showed up today we were a little surprised. Imagine our delight to open a mailer with the shiny alien coin inside! Not sure where it came from but we are very happy to get this lovely! IT is indeed a gorgeous coin. #175 has been contained!

wohoo, today I was cointacted. I opened my mailbox together with a friend and was jumping around when I opened the letter. Thought it was a diferent coin from the Canada Cointest but I found a beautiful Cointact-Mystery Coin together with the well known Message. It´s #188.

Thank u so much, this really made my day. I am so much into SciFi, I really was hoping to get one of these :) It passed a long way, as it went to my old adress first :)

c86bc104-ef87-4e47-a85d-027e50536b05.jpg

Stopped by the house this afternoon for a quick bite after rushing to complete some deadlines and a neighbor pulled me aside to tell me a man in "government uniform" had been hanging around my porch just moments ago. :) He said as he approached the man, the individual moved away quickly without looking back. :) Most suspicious! After checking around I noticed an odd package that looked distinctly out of place. In fact, I've never seen anything quite like it. Some strange metallic looking plastic semi-rigid container I think. Upon closer inspection I found something seeming to be moving about inside. Curious, I cautiously lifted one corner until the package opened enough for a small metallic disk to slide out... #034!!!! :D Whooohooo! :D A big, BIG thank you to our other-worldly beneficiaries!!!

I caught sight of something hovering in the garden today...it seemed to be inspecting one of our garden ornaments..

alieningarden.jpg

It abandoned that and landed on (in) one of our asian lilies!

alientouchdown.jpg

And imagine my surprise when he leaped out and dropped this coin off!

aliencoin.jpg

Complete with instructions, no less!

Message received and acknowledged. Unit # 027 to be protected.

Thank you to the Forces behind this strange visit and wonderful gift!

(How did that little guy get that silver envelope in that little spacecraft????)

Edited by ATMouse

As we were out poking and prodding into mysterious places all day today something had been poking and prodding around our home base. Upon return we found Unit #075 lurking in the depths of our mailbox. Did it cross over the border from Canada or come from the South or East? We don't know but have assured it is safely secured when it isn't being examined more closely by us.

What a treat! Thanks for the visit!

The last thing I expected today when I checked my mail was to get one of these beautiful mystery coins! Mine is number 93.

This was the highlight of my day, and gave me a much-needed smile. AND it brought me back to the forums, where I have a lot of catching up to do! Thank you so much!! :rolleyes:

My day started out fine. We had a load to move into the new house ready by 9:30 and so started out in sunshine. By load #3 the clouds had came out and it started to sprinkle..we barely had time to check the mailboxes at either house for mail of ANY kind but when we drove up to our current domicile I was nearly blinded! The sun had chosen that exact moment to appear as a reflection from the metallic object in the box. I barely threw the car into park before I jumped out the grab the mailer out of the box. Also, I must have been a bit mesmerized and briefly lost my senses as I allowed the teenager to back the car into the garage for the next load. Halfway through, I regained them and got him to stop before any real damage was done!

Later as I was taking photos for my study file, a green youngster ran into the living room and grabbed the object so that he too could pose for study.

Cointact has been made this 16th day of July in the year 2010, I am currently in possession of unit #157.

006.jpg007.jpg

It seem the Myster Coin-Givers know just when to strike! After a crappy murphy's law kind of week on the road, I got home last night to find a shiny mailer in my mailbox :rolleyes:

I'm the newest member of the Close Encointer of the Third Kind: COINTACT Study Group #106

This coin is cool and so is the webpage.

Thank you!

i don`t know so well what i must say...............

as some of you all know i had a hard time and my dream plan did fall apart i could`t fly to USA......

but my hubby plan a little holiday for me in PARIZZZZZZzzzzzz and this morning we come home from France...

i saw a silver envelope but i did`t wanna open it as there was ANNE & LORCA on it but Lorca was on holiday by my mam........

later we go out go pick up Bruno then to mam dinner there and take Lorca with uzzzzzzz home......

i give the envelope to Lorca and she snif on it but she was not so happy with it, it has a strange smell on it not EARTH SMELL Lorca said..........

i told her don`t be such silly girl and open that envelope she said NOOO WAYYYYYY YOU DO IT......

so carefull i open the envelope and there it was........

A VERY NICE COIN A VERY VERY BEAUTIFULL COIN but first we where a little affraid...........

Lorca ask me MAM DOES THIS MEAN THAT THEY COME HERE LOOKING FOR UZZZZZZZZZ?????????/

i was ......... I DON`T KNOW MAYBE UHHHHHHHHH JEAHHHHHHHHHH..............

so we look at each other then look to hubby he was WHATTTTT and we did`t know what to say.....

now Lorca take it and she don`t wanna give back to me she say : WELL IF THEY COME HERE GIVE UZZZZZZZ THIS WONDERFULL BEAUTIFULL COIN THEN THAT MEANZZZZZZZZZ THEY DO LOVE UZZZZZZ.....

i think she is right but i`m sorry that i don`t know when they where here as we where to PARIZZZZZZZ but we sit here now in our garden look up and we all yell...........

THANKKKKKK YOU SO SO SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHH FOR YOUR VISIT AND LOTZZZZZ OF THANKZZZ

FOR THE BEAUTIFULL WONDERFULL SHINY COIN WE DO LOVE THE NUMBER 118.........

cachepoelencloseencounterscoin016.jpg

p.s. next time we hope we will be home when you visit know that your alwayzzzzzzzzz welcome :rolleyes:

TO; CEMPORS

SUBJ: COINTACT NEW STUDY UNIT

DEVICE 165 HAS SUCCESSFULLY MADE COINTACT WITH NEW USER IN TEXAS.

INITIAL DESTINATION NO LONGER VALID. HELP WITH LOCAL METAL TRANSFER PROGRAM - AKA USPS - ALLOWED FORWARDING OF UNIT.

NEW USER AND DEVICE 165 ARE HAPPY TO BE LISTED ON STUDY WEBSITE.

NOTE: DEVICE ACCOMPANIED BY SIMILARLY LUMINOUS INDIVIDUAL.

4800282358_c2c26976bb.jpg

Seriously, THANK YOU very much to the creator and distributor of these new mystery coins and for having as much fun with the story behind it as I had in receiving it!

Woke up this morning with light in my eyes

And then realized it was still dark outside

It was a light coming down from the sky

I don't know who or why

Must be those strangers that come every night

Those saucer shaped lights put people uptight

Leave blue green footprints that glow in the dark

I hope they get home all right

Hey, mr. spaceman

Won't you please take me along

I won't do anything wrong

Hey, mr. spaceman

Won't you please take me along for a ride

Woke up this morning, i was feeling quite wierd

Had flies in my beard, my toothpaste was smeared

Over my window, they'd written my name

Said, so long, we'll see you again Jim McGuinn/1966

TO: CEMPORS0017

WE ACCEPTED YOUR MISSION AND HAVE BEGUN STUDY OF PRISTINE FELINE CREATURE IN HOUSEHOLD COMING IN CONTACT WITH SUBJECT UNIT YOU’VE SUPPLIED, FIRST SHOWED INTEREST, FOLLOWED BY AMAZEMENT, ONLY TO (HERE IT GETS A LITTLE FUZZY BUT KEPT UNIT AND FELINE IN SIGHT) DOCILE STATE AND THEN ACCEPTANCE OF SUPERIORITY.

WE HAVE OUR BAGS PACKED AND READY TO TRAVEL IF REQUIRED, TAKE US TO YOUR LEADER

001.jpg002.jpg003-1.jpg004-3.jpg005-1.jpg006.jpg

We'd like to thank the mystery coin giver for all the fun, Love Peace out :unsure:

As I was walking to the mailbox today with my reluctant companion, the streetlights dimmed for just a moment...all in unison. A low growl came to the throat of my protector and we paused....there was something...

But then the feeling passed and we continued on...alert...on guard - for what, we did not know.

The key in the lock, turning...the small door creaked open. I peered inside...tense with anticipation....

But all that lay inside was an envelope - silver - unassuming.

Cointact has been made here in Canada - we have obtained #107 and will smile just a little each time we set eyes on it. Our first surprise mystery coin from the mail! THANK YOU! We love it!

59be9f0b-85fa-48c1-8808-528050581ce6.jpg

TO: CEMPORS

1 - The cointact has been made in Idaho!!! I retrieved from the glowing mailbox before any traveling by muggles could grab it and study it before I could.

2 - I shall study it while I keep it safe from muggles who might want to take it from me.

3 - I am reporting number 013 ..... whoopie!!!!!!!!! It really is a LUCKY number you know?!!!

4 - It has made this earthly recipient glow....from happiness :unsure:

Thank you so much for selecting me to be part of this cointact unit study group!

Congrats to all other members!!! And good luck to others -_-

Signing out,

LD/SPUD/OWNER OF 013

I know the feeling guys :unsure: . I've been lucky to receive this kind of mystery geocoins before :) and it is awesome to get one. Congratulations to all and specially to the ones who are involved in these.

PL

WOW ;):D-_-:o

I made cointact to! Thank you guys for all your generosity. I've got a great place for this one!

This is the #186

Copia%20de%20GeocointactOffer506.jpg

Paulo

Edited by PLnauta

Really enjoying reading this thread.

I’m hoping that it’s clear but just in case it’s written to the rhythm of “The Night Before Christmas”

Twas the night before last night and dark round the house

When an owl swooped down near me and snagged him a mouse

Myself and Wolf’s Song and Wolf Dancer were there

When the latter said what is that up in the air?

We looked up and saw the most fearsome of sites

A UFO hovered all covered with lights

Wolf’s Song was pointing like he’d spotted gold

But he loves outer space and ain’t quite 3 years old

Twas over the pasture and out past the trees

We were shaking so hard we were knocking our knees

“I going to Mars.” My son blurted out

And I snuggled him close and said “No” with a shout.

The rocket came closer and he called out with glee

I promised my husband “I won’t let him free.”

We watched as it landed a few yards away

And we wondered if we would be here to see day.

With a whirr and crackle a door opened wide

And we peered thru the darkness but could not see inside

We looked at each other saying “what should we do?”

As fright poured from our pores to drench us like dew.

When what to our wandering eyes did appear?

A bright shiny package that lessened our fear.

It hovered and floated and glowed eerily

Wolf’s Song reached out way too, too eagerly.

I opened it up as the door whistled shut

The dread started easing that’d been clenching my gut.

Into my hand fell the strangest of things

If felt light and yet heavy like cast iron and wings.

It stood up on end and spun in my hand

From its radiant luster I knew, it was quite grand.

There seemed to be energy coming from dots

It seeped into my body and warmed the cold spots.

A coin covered with symbols and the strangest of G’s

A note floated down on an alien breeze

It seems, this was a plan that was carefully laid

It was clear from the message Cointact had been made.

We’d had an encounter of the incredible kind

When I hold the thing now it just boggles my mind

I was not a believer in the years of before

But now I have proof in coin one eighty four.

The moon seemed to twinkle and the stars seemed to dance

The ship whirled bright colors, and lifted our trance

I exclaimed to my Wolf as it flew out of sight

“A mystery coin; what a wonderful night!”

Thank you,

WolfsLady

Accepting mission. We are so proud to have been choosen.

Edited for a typo and to add a note.

Edited by wolfslady

We received #26 today, too :)

Very much appreciated, thanks to CEMPORS for trusting us with this mission :unsure:

This was quite a surprise. I thought that we were out of the loop and no longer on anyone's list.

It was very cool and means a great deal.

Thank you very much.

:laughing:

Wowser!!

I just got home from a long overdue vacation to find one of these beauties in my mailbox!!

This is the coolest thing ever!! I'm not sure how I was picked, but I want to personally thank whoever sent it to me!!

BTW, my coin was #16 and it has made it to IA safe and sound without too many probes :unsure:

Edited by The Weasel

There has been a breach in a containment unit

I repeat

THERE HAS BEEN A BREACH IN A CONTAINMENT UNIT

Our mail-carrier knocked on the door and handed me a silver foil bubble wrap envelope with a long slit along one side. He said that a mail sorter (machine) let out a loud squeaking squeal and started slicing envelopes as they went through the sorter. He said about 7 bubble envelopes were sliced before the machine could be turned off. Most were deliverable but the one to me was empty except for a slip of paper that made no sense to them. :unsure: He stopped by to ask what was in the package and to let me know that the machine was going to be taken apart tonight for repairs. I copied a picture from an above post and took it to the post office (as requested) to show them what the coin looked like. My thought is that if they find a coin in the machine somewhere, it's obviously going to be my missing coin but they wanted a picture. I did not give the website information to the post office - I think it would have just blown their mind.

FOR NOW - everyone must be on alert until this coin is returned to it's containment unit.

UPDATES WILL FOLLOW AS THE STORY UNFOLDS.

:):laughing::grin:;):D

ALL IS WELL IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD AGAIN

The post office called me on the 16th and said that the coin was found inside the machine along with several soda pull tabs. The tabs were smashed but the coin was unharmed. When I went to pick it up, they couldn't find it. My mail carrier delivered it me on the 17th. Coin #052 is back in it's containment unit. I LOVE IT.

Testing of this beautiful, yet enigmatic coin has begun. Today I took the test object into my secret lab and began probing, testing, and experimenting to try to learn its secrets. Many observations were made, physical properties were analyzed, but the source of the test object remains a mystery.

Preparing to open the cointaiment packaging to begin analysis of the contents...

17662b89-9ccc-4b1a-af52-2eaa40b668d5.jpg

Testing has begun. Investigating electrical, magnetic, and other properties of the test object. The test object seems to emit radiation fields that have the curious effect of creating feelings of joy and wonder when in the test object's presence...

db5bffee-4c30-41eb-8a83-c4d840c639b5.jpg

High voltage tests, scanning for internal energy sources...

b12abec6-a8b1-4a9a-adf2-61eb02594572.jpg

Thermal scan complete. Test object is cool to the touch and an excellent conductor of thermal energy...

9141b7c4-6b78-4007-9b00-667b363648cc.jpg

Testing surface conductivity and other surface and material properties of the test object. These tests seemed to activate the multi-colored dots on the surface, causing them to emit an eerie glow...

e4d01853-349c-47c8-b156-b5a15846ad90.jpg

The mad scientist at work, probing the secrets of the test object...

31416722-98e2-4677-9d9a-8c94217a23c5.jpg

Study of the mysterious test object is continuing. So far, no definitive answers have been discovered for the strange object and its mystifying and unexpected appearance in my postal interface unit.

Blue skies!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

Testing of this beautiful, yet enigmatic coin has begun. Today I took the test object into my secret lab and began probing, testing, and experimenting to try to learn its secrets. Many observations were made, physical properties were analyzed, but the source of the test object remains a mystery.

Preparing to open the cointaiment packaging to begin analysis of the contents...

17662b89-9ccc-4b1a-af52-2eaa40b668d5.jpg

Testing has begun. Investigating electrical, magnetic, and other properties of the test object. The test object seems to emit radiation fields that have the curious effect of creating feelings of joy and wonder when in the test object's presence...

db5bffee-4c30-41eb-8a83-c4d840c639b5.jpg

High voltage tests, scanning for internal energy sources...

b12abec6-a8b1-4a9a-adf2-61eb02594572.jpg

Thermal scan complete. Test object is cool to the touch and an excellent conductor of thermal energy...

9141b7c4-6b78-4007-9b00-667b363648cc.jpg

Testing surface conductivity and other surface and material properties of the test object. These tests seemed to activate the multi-colored dots on the surface, causing them to emit an eerie glow...

e4d01853-349c-47c8-b156-b5a15846ad90.jpg

The mad scientist at work, probing the secrets of the test object...

31416722-98e2-4677-9d9a-8c94217a23c5.jpg

Study of the mysterious test object is continuing. So far, no definitive answers have been discovered for the strange object and its mystifying and unexpected appearance in my postal interface unit.

Blue skies!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

....wow....the post is as interesting as the coin. We hung a welcome aliens sign out last night :)