Mystery Coin: Close Encointer of the Third Kind: COINTACT

FreLeCo

"MEMORANDUM FOR DISTRIBUTION

Subj: COINTACT STUDY GROUP AND UNIT ASSIGNMENT LIST

This memorandum provides a correspondence between Cointact Study Group members and their respective study units, as follows:

GEO-ALIAS UNIT

Ruud4d 079

SOSv2 179

The CEMPORS point of contact for this matter is CEMPORS Central (email: cempors@cointact.net). Members who wish to be listed may register by posting to the applicable message thread in Groundspeak’s Geocoin Discussion Forum (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=44) or by contacting the POC, providing unit number and geo-alias (also known as “geonick”). Any member listed here who does not wish to be listed may contact the POC in order to effect his or her removal from the published list.

This list will be updated on a regular basis until all members desiring to be listed have registered.

CEMPORS Central

Distribution:

Cointact Study Group"

I know that I would like to be a member and listed as such :)

Yesterday, there was this ASM (anonymously sent mailer), a shiny silver mailer, that was sitting in our box. Nothing special was awaited.

It appeared that we had a close encointer of the third kind as well. An antique silver UFO was in the mailer, with pastel coloured windows and bearing the number #155. WOW!

Thank you so much, generous alien! This new mystery is really cool, a great idea for a great coin. You made our day!

ooooooooooh the aliens have contacted me. i discovered a silvery flat bubbly square containing the cointact #120

im unsure whether the aliens have already abducted me or whether they will call upon me in the future, either way i hope they are friends and not foe.

im just going off to make up some mash potato now :ph34r:

:) Strange things in our mailbox today! A shiny silver package that said "Geofun Cointainment Unit" I turned it over several times, studied the stamps for awhile...had a pretty puzzled look on my face as to what this was exactly. I was pretty sure I had no trades or purchases coming my way.

I got the scissors out and carefully cut into the package still not sure what to expect....a U.F.O.!! :ph34r: Cool, but where did that come from??

I'm sure it is from out of this world cuz I sure did have to puzzle over the note that came with it. It took me awhile but it seems that we are part of a "Cointact Unit Study Group", it was "forwarded to us for our attention, study and safekeeping"....ok, we can handle all that.

Thanks much spacemen!...... :) Do ya think the little green men will come look in on us again???

In my post office box today, I found this coin...

IMG_0001_NEW-1-1.jpg

The silver bubble wrap mailer and the brief that came with the coin were beautifully done, and a lot of fun to receive. I am thankful to have received coin #95...all this, and no probing :ph34r: !

ILYK

When I got home from a quickie cache run this morning, I waved at the postman who told me that he'd "put some packages inside your front door". I wasn't really expecting anything - at least not yet - so I was curious. I found a small flat rate box chock full of Pathtags from Geowoodstock and this shiny silver mailer!! :) Well after following this thread I knew that I was in the study group!! Yay!! Totally made my day, thank you so much, mystery coin gifter!! :) Anyhoo, I felt it was my duty to begin the study of this object right away and I have come to several conclusions:

1. This is a very cool object

2. The crop circle design seems very familiar to me for some reason. Repressed memories perhaps?

3. I can confirm the suspicion that the colored dots on the one side do indeed glow in the dark. In fact so do the white ones and the geocaching "G" in the middle - or I should clarify, the white surrounding the geocaching "G" glows...

4. The number on my unit is either 006 or 900 :ph34r:

5. The likelihood of this unit leaving my posession is infinitesimal.

6. Study photos below:

PICT0176cr.jpg

PICT0179cr.jpg

PICT0182cr.jpg

CF30

In my post office box today, I found this coin...

IMG_0001_NEW-1-1.jpg

The silver bubble wrap mailer and the brief that came with the coin were beautifully done, and a lot of fun to receive. I am thankful to have received coin #95...all this, and no probing :ph34r: !

ILYK

That is quite some detail...beautiful, congrats to all who have been beamed up :)

Today I got a silver bubble mailer from cointact original station.

I don't forget the moment I was in the place you see on the picture on 22 september 2009.

58eada93-3189-4e23-b64a-d9e34c40f445.jpg

052b8d2b-4593-40a9-a58a-1f443967f130.jpg

It was very quiet on the place as the UFO was landed. I saw rare animals and I trade coins and you was enthousiast what I was doing.

We trust each other. Thanks for coming back.

Space, Marjon :ph34r:

Edited by pingos

Sivota, you really deserve that coin for all that you do for others!

I'd love to be in the contact group... unfortunately, here in Sweden we're still getting 18 to 20 hours of daylight a night, so I'm not sure a UFO could make it here, unless they have great cloaking capabilities!

Congrats, everyone!

1600598PT-071110-2023-CNF

TO COINTACT GROUP LEADER

COINTACT UNIT GROUP STUDY MEMBER ACASIM//N549672-133//

REF/MSGID/WORKING/CEMPORS ADA MI/N01/JUN//

VIA /FORUNS.Groundspeak.COM(SLASH)GC(SLASH)

RMKS/1. UNIT LANDED IN PORTUGAL/LISBON SAFELY. PROTECTIVE SHIELD OK.

2. MUGGLE DEFENSES ACTIVATED ON ARRIVAL. INVISIBILITY CONTROL ACTV SEQUENCE DONE.

3. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS RECORDED FOR LAND MISSION.

4. VISUAL REPORT ATTACHED BELOW.

5. FUNCTIONAL REPORT:

INSTANT JOY LEVEL-100%

SMILES DENSITY- 100%

SURPRISE FACTOR- 100%

HAPPINESS DISSEMINATION RANGE- FULLY SPREADING

LOCAL IMPACT- REF/(LOWER)/FORUM.GEOCACHING-PT.NET/VIEWFORUM.PHP?F=4

ATTCH/PHOTO1/PHOTO2/PHOTO3//

PHOTO1

IMG_7263.jpg

PHOTO2

IMG_7266.jpg

PHOTO3

IMG_7267.jpg

#OVER

-----------

What can I say more :ph34r:

I'm SOOOOOOO grateful for this wonderful surprise today. I really don't know how and why I was selected to receive this wonderful coin, and I feel very honored, really!! Receiving a mystery coin, in such an unexpected way, is something that makes me very excited and happy, willing to share the good news with everybody :)

Thank you very, very, very much, Mystery Sender, whoever you are.

Antonio

:ph34r: IT IS CONFIRMED--THEY ARE REAL!!!!!!

And, They have visited me!!! I heard a noise in the night and saw nothing when I looked out my windows. Then, I found the evidence --

a shiny silver metalic looking substance. Strangely, it opened when I turned it over and an equally strange round disc fell out. Amazingly, the mysterious disc had letters and the number 018 (or 810) imprinted on it!!! I am sooo thankful, blessed and charmed that I have been chosen

to be in this Cointact Unit Study Group!!! I will treasure, study and keep this evidence safe and only show it to other believers!!!

I want to express my gratitude to whoever or whatever entity has entrusted me with such a valuable relic!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for bestowing this gift on ME!!!

GeoCharmer81 (AKA Kelly)

I too heard noises from above this afternoon :) I couldn't figure out what it was until I checked the mailbox and saw a Geofun Cointainment Unit :ph34r:

GeofunCointainmentUnit.jpg

I am proud to be a study group participent of number 049 :)

GeofunCointainmentUnit2jpg.jpg

A close encointer with Nikos! :)

NikosandCointact.jpg

Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of this study group!!!!!!!!!

I can already tell you that it gives high levels of adrenaline upon discovery, and much enjoyment upon examination :)

Edited by burgessfour

TO COINTACT GROUP LEADER:

SUBJECT: P 182342/PTTFUSPS/CEMPORS0017/UNIT #114

UNIT ARRIVED SAFELY AT DESIGNATED COORDINATES AVOIDING LOCAL AFB (EGLIN AFB FL) SECURITY BY WAY OF LOW SIGNATURE STEALTH FOIL PACKAGING. DESIGNATED RESEARCHER (SCIFICOLLECTOR) KNEW AT ONCE THIS WAS WHAT HE HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR OVER THE YEARS. PERHAPS PRIOR MENTAL COINTACT CAUSED CHOICE OF GEO-NICK....

PRELIMINARY STUDY(4TEE2) INDICATES:

• UNEARTHLY METALS AND POSSIBLY RADIOACTIVE ISOTOPES POWERING ITEM. PLEASE NOTE ON FOLLOWING PHOTO...APPLICATION OF ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD CAUSES UNIT TO HOVER.
  • FEELINGS OF ELATION AND JOY ARE CAUSED BY CLOSE PROXIMITY TO UNIT
  • NATURALLY GRAVITATED TO SELECT GCS(CROP CIRCLE V2; ALIEN COMPASS; MAYAN ASTRONAUT; COSMOLABE). WILL TRY TO SEE IF OTHER GCS (NAZCA LINES;GEOCACHER'S STAR) AFFECT UNIT IN THE SAME WAY

MysteryCointactcoin-1.jpg

CONTINUOUS STUDY OF UNIT IS INDICATED. MYSTERY CONTENT OF UNIT MAY REQUIRE LIFETIME OF STUDY FROM RESEARCHER. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS NEW ITEMS UNCOVERED....

CC: DOHT.PNICK/L,TU,AE/HHKRGTUNIVSE

Thanks so much mystery coin givers! This really has made my week. :ph34r:

SUBJECT UNIT, ID 080, HAS ARRIVED AND BEEN PROCESSED INTO THIS FACILITY. (w00t!) :ph34r:

UPON INSPECTION, YOUNGEST OFFSPRING OF THIS PARENTAL UNIT DONNED WHAT HE FELT WAS APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE APPAREL.

2242512643_93e329554f_m.jpg

Thanks so much for the fun. I'm loving your inventiveness and generousity!

Edited by FluteFace

I arrived home this evening, opened my mailbox, and found a silver mailer!!! Immediately, I looked at the return address to see if it was from me to me. It wasn't, but I saw the word "Cointrack" and "Geofun" on the mailer. That could only mean one thing...GEOCOIN!!! I opened the mailer and sure enough, there was a very cool looking coin along with an official-looking, but cryptic memo inside. I read through the note quickly because I wanted to get back to examining the coin. I saw, "Unit may be exchanged with or forwarded...", so I thought, "Yay! I can keep it!!!" :) I received coin #008 - I'm now part of the study group and the coin (or "unit" :ph34r: ) is now part of my collection!!!!

Mystery-coin person, you're very creative! I love the website and the whole set-up of your mystery coin! Great job!!! Thank you very much for your generosity and for spreading some "cheer"!

P.S. I can't wait to show my brother - he's a space cadet, no, wait, that's not the term! He's a space fan (as in really liked "The X-Files") and I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this coin/project!

UFO Sighting - North Carolina

Log entry: 12 July 2010

Encounter of the first kind: Suspicious muggle activity near rectangle, metal object near road. Muggle seen with unknown silver package.

Encounter of the second kind: Evidence collected. Silver package does indeed exist and extraterrestrial object has been identified. Unit appears to be intact with no damage at all from entering the atmosphere although it is unknown what the condition may be on the inside.

Encounter of third kind: Contact made.

Encounter of the fourth kind: Unit 061 has been abducted and shall remain in custody for further studying and safekeeping.

Further observations:

The object appears to be spectacular in design. Most likely years ahead of anything we have ever seen. It is easily viewed at night as the lights glow very brightly. It is marked with a G in the middle, perhaps representation of its mother ship. At first sight it gives an appearance of what humans have named "crop circles" with continued support of the mother ship with a couple of various "G" mixed in. How odd is it that after watching Aliens vs Predator and Aliens vs Predator - Requiem and almost watching The Fourth Kind this weekend I find an alien specimen in my presence? "coin"cident or not? Perhaps they have been studying us from a distance, learning our ways.

Physical threat: The units close proximity to Ft. Bragg Army Base will most likely been seen as a threat. If allowed in the wrong hands, it is possible the unit will undergo basic military testing and probing. I shall keep the unit in safe keepings and only allow those with Top- Secret Clearance the opportunity to gaze on such a treasure.

Thank you! :)

OMG!!! I found a mysterious package in my mail box today. :) Looks like I have been assigned a unit as a study group member. My unit number is 164.

The unit was sent in some kind of special space-age flexible metallic material, no doubt having protective thermal and electrostatic properties. Who knows what kind of sophisticated technology this alien artifact possesses. It is an impressive design, showing the superior intellect of the advanced civilization behind it. It even has an internal power source, for it glows eerily in the dark. The associated support web site is also quite impressive and added to the excitement and suspense.

Thanks to CEMPORS Central for trusting me with such a valuable object! I will dutifully protect it and keep it from getting into the wrong hands.

;):ph34r::ph34r:

3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Cointact!

A shiny craft was found hovering in my mailbox this afternoon ... inside a mysterious circular object with unusual qualities, including unknown power source causing color patterns and light emissions from a matte metal surface. Additional testing needs to be conducted at Area 51, WPAFB to determine additional information. Initial speculation is that this is of alien origin, and that the species is numerically advanced, probably using base 8 due to the number of dots, the number 64 engraved on the hull, and the symmetrical patterns.

Additional results to follow as available based on top secret security clearance level.

WOOOOOOW!!!! It seems like everybody got one today, including meeee ;):ph34r:. At first I was like what the heck is this, then I kinda felt it for a second remembered this thread and I like OH YEAH BABY! Really cool, #067. Thank you so much for including me in your research. Can't wait for my assignment! Haha :)

Oh yeah, and also would like to be part of the study groups pleazzze!

Edited by tommytrojan360

I knew some thing was up with the mailbox today! It had an eerie glow and a low frequency buzz. I was a little hesitant to go near the box, but as I approached the glow turned into very calming light and the buzz faded into a soft and sexy call to come and see what is inside. It just drew me to the mail box, like a rare earth magnet. When I opened the box it was there! A shiny silver package. I swear it was hovering inside the mailbox. I grabbed it, put it under my shirt and ran back into the house. I put it on the kitchen counter and waited to see if it would move. When it didn't I opened the package and to my amazement I found this wonderful coin. When I held it in my hand I felt a tingle run through me. I now know what it's is like to have 'Close Encointer of the Third Kind: COINTACT'!

Thank you!! We are honored to have it in our collection.

CE.jpg

A GCFU, serial number 060, was received @ 3:15 pm today, July 12, 2010. It has been received in good condition and properly stored in a vacuum until the chosen investigator can devote full and complete attention to its study.

I can assure you we had great interest by many individuals wanting to head the investigation. Once these individuals clear their slates, we will begin forwarding reports of our findings regarding this amazing and intriguing artifact.

We are extremely honored to have been chosen to participate in this study.

Edited by catsnfish

Holy Cow I got one. Nothing excites me more then receiving a mystery coin. And you hit close to home with this one. I LOOOOVE aliens and such.

Received: #166.

I must be honest, ive fallen off teh coin waggon lately and not been reading the froums as much as i used to, i had only recently heard of this coin and to get one so quick gives me shivers.

Makes me wonder sometimes how i get picked for these things (not complaining) It leaves me with great mystery, that and the fact there is NO (ZERO) ZIP (NADA) postmark. I mean no postmark! How do you guys do it lol.

Thank you ever so much, this one is going in the folder next to my Crop Circle coin :)

~Shoko

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

Assignment Accepted.

Geo-Alias UNIT

PrinceShoko 166

END TRANSMISSION

Edited by princeshoko

"MEMORANDUM FOR DISTRIBUTION

Subj: COINTACT STUDY GROUP AND UNIT ASSIGNMENT LIST

This memorandum provides a correspondence between Cointact Study Group members and their respective study units, as follows:

GEO-ALIAS UNIT

Ruud4d 079

SOSv2 179

The CEMPORS point of contact for this matter is CEMPORS Central (email: cempors@cointact.net). Members who wish to be listed may register by posting to the applicable message thread in Groundspeak’s Geocoin Discussion Forum (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=44) or by contacting the POC, providing unit number and geo-alias (also known as “geonick”). Any member listed here who does not wish to be listed may contact the POC in order to effect his or her removal from the published list.

This list will be updated on a regular basis until all members desiring to be listed have registered.

CEMPORS Central

Distribution:

Cointact Study Group"

I know that I would like to be a member and listed as such :)

Please let it be known that unit number 041 has arrived and been accepted by Fossillady at the desert research station to be studied under the extreme heat of the southwest. I am very pleased to be part of this very special research.

Unit number 054 has come to my research facility. Have stopped all research on thesis and am focusing entirely on this mysterious object.

Observations:

Unit is made of a light metal-like material.

Obverse side glows when subjected to UV radiation.

Further experimentation needed.

Will guard unit at all times so that it does not leave my possession.

Many thanks to the sender for entrusting this amazing piece of science-meets-art to my research facilities!!