45-RPM Record Adapter GeoCoin Released

GeoPromotions

A great new Geocoin is now available for auction on eBay. It is based on the old-school 45RPM record adapter inserts. It is just a fun cool design. Check it out.

<indirect link removed by moderator>

The link should be to the item not just the store, unless the guidelines have changed.

Edited by Eartha

XXLE (25 made out of...?) Gold

XXLE (25 made out of...? Copper

I mentioned the same thing in another thread, seeing as he/she is new but I guess they didn't want to listen. Everything is XXLE for them. Seems like they make around 100 or so and make 20-25 of each and then call it XXLE.

From an old thread LE is around 20%, XLE is less than 10% and XXLE well that is even less.

A great new Geocoin is now available for auction on eBay. It is based on the old-school 45RPM record adapter inserts. It is just a fun cool design. Check it out.

<indirect link removed by moderator>

Sigh....yet another coin that has nothing to do with caching except a tracking number.

Yeah, I'm still around and still feel the same way about coins. I suppose you could argue that you can listen to your favorite 45 before heading out to grab some caches.....but, really?

XXLE (25 made out of...?) Gold

XXLE (25 made out of...? Copper

I mentioned the same thing in another thread, seeing as he/she is new but I guess they didn't want to listen. Everything is XXLE for them. Seems like they make around 100 or so and make 20-25 of each and then call it XXLE.

From an old thread LE is around 20%, XLE is less than 10% and XXLE well that is even less.

For the newer collectors please note that there is no hard and fast rule on this. This was discussed in this forum a long time ago because people were listing so many different versions and calling them LE, XLE, Super-rare-and-only-available-if-you-know-the-password-version, etc.

What you're seeing here is a backlash against making a large number of versions and calling them XLE, etc. for the sole purpose of raising prices or enticing collectors to buy multiple versions to have a complete set.

Rant done.

Honestly, Kat, do you ever sleep?

Heh - occasionally! ; ) Last week was rough.

WRT the coin (for the benefit of GeoPromotions); that's why I put "20 of...?" in there. As Kealia points out, there are no real hard & fast rules, but if you've only made 100 coins in five different versions (20 each), and if you plan to remint them if they're successful, then they're not XXLEs by common community consensus. They'd be REs (regular editions) or SEs (special editions).

If you didn't know (and I don't know what you know, so that's why I'm adding this -- no offense intended), "LE" (Limited Edition) means that that particular version will never be made again. "RE" is for "Regular Edition" (stuff that could be reminted), and the not-often-used "SE" (Special Edition) refers to stuff that is limited in quantity during the original minting, but could be minted again at some time in the future if people like it.

I think that the percentage idea (10% for XLE, less for XXLE) is a good standard. I think, though, that you could have an LE run that's higher than 20%. What's key there is that you don't plan to remint it. But I could be wrong - and I know people will step in to correct me if so! : )

First of all, these coins may be reminted but with black nickel, not with gold, silver, or copper. Second, I find it hard to make a rule of what is considered LE, XXLE or whatever by a percentage. Let's say I mint 10000 coins then 20% would make 2000 XLE or XXLE. I can't believe that 2000 coins would ever be considered LE or anything like that. I think 20 pcs of anything is extremely hard to find. Also, I have found that the market determines the value of a product. I have listed many products with and without any form of LE or XLE in the title but do state the quantity made. Some auctions sell for $9.99 and some for $40. It depends on the person and how much they want to pay. I have minted a coin and sold through in one month. I have plenty of designs waiting to be made. I find it interesting that just because one person tells me that something is XLE or LE then that is the way it is. I have read many posts and have never found a firm statement or agreement from people saying what and how it has to be. If everyone is in agreement then my label of XLE shouldnt affect your decision to purchase since you will know that 15-25 pcs should really be LE or RE or whatever.

Also, I don't understand why the design of the coin has to be directly related to geocaching. People out there have more than one hobby or pleasure. Some people feel that they want to put some personality into their caching and this makes it fun. I don't know why this upsets people.

I have found more people upset about my postings of new geocoins, thus I won't create any further posts regarding new coins. I felt that I would give people a chance to preorder or discuss before the product is listed and sold out.

Also, I don't understand why the design of the coin has to be directly related to geocaching. People out there have more than one hobby or pleasure. Some people feel that they want to put some personality into their caching and this makes it fun. I don't know why this upsets people.

IMO? Because these are GEOCOINS not record coins, NASCAR coins or anything else. That's just my opinion. Some will agree and others won't and will buy the coin. To each their own.

Nobody's upset. I won't lose sleep over this, I just see why anybody would mint a coin that has nothing to do with caching and call it a geocoin. That's another thread so I'll leave this alone.

IMO? Because these are GEOCOINS not record coins, NASCAR coins or anything else. That's just my opinion. Some will agree and others won't and will buy the coin. To each their own.

Nobody's upset. I won't lose sleep over this, I just see why anybody would mint a coin that has nothing to do with caching and call it a geocoin. That's another thread so I'll leave this alone.

What does Goofy or Mickey have to do with Geocaching or anything else of the like. People want strange and interesting coins and this fits right in. So far I have had many people contact me about this coin and request to purchase. The great thing is that no one has to like every geocoin.

What does Goofy or Mickey have to do with Geocaching or anything else of the like. People want strange and interesting coins and this fits right in. So far I have had many people contact me about this coin and request to purchase. The great thing is that no one has to like every geocoin.

Ok, I'll play.

My answer: Nothing at all. Won't buy those either.

As I said, to each their own.

Also, I don't understand why the design of the coin has to be directly related to geocaching.

Gee...by your definition it's clear you wouldn't own MOST of my geocoin collection as MOST of them have less to do with geocaching than they have to do with current/past hobbies, or just because I think they look cool.

Different people collect different coins for different reasons. As you said, "To each their own." So I'm not sure why you made an issue of it in the first place?

Although I don't want to contribute to a complete derail, I just wanted to express my opinion that I don't think that geocoins have to be about geocaching. For one thing, having the coins be able to be about anything at all expands the pool of topics for designing, which I think is a good thing. For example, there are folks out there who collect shaped coins. This coin, IMO, has a really neat shape, and I'm sure there are people who are excited about it, which is cool.

Back to the pool of available topics WRT to geocoins: I think that not requiring that geocoins be related to geocaching has an additional bonus: for people who want to release their coins with a specific mission or to tie it into a specific theme (or who want to gift or trade coins based on a shared non-geocaching interest), now there are more options available -- that is, coins that feature some other idea beyond geocaching might fit into the theme of whatever it is I'm doing better.

Does this mean that you, Kealia, are wrong for wanting to see & collect coins that are specifically about geocaching (and only those)? Oh, no, absolutely not. As you point out, all collectors have their own personal reasons for collecting the coins that they do.

Do I think it's wrong for you to post that you won't be buying one because it's not specifically about geocaching? Not at all! You are, of course, one person in a potential market, and it helps a vendor to know that there is this market out there (that is, people who only buy coins specifically related to geocaching) -- the vendor needs to know that if he/she wants to sell to you (and others with the same feeling), that he/she needs to look into putting out a few designs that are specifically about caching.

Where I think your post goes wrong, though, is its tone. It looked specifically like a put-down, especially by your use of words like "sigh" and "but, really?" Your post appears to be belittling the coin, and the coiner, because the coin does not fit in with what you personally like to collect. If there has been a glut of coins designed around non-geocaching themes and if you're frustrated because you want to buy something but there's nothing coming out that you want to buy, I can understand that. But it might be more constructive to handle it a different way.

I know there are threads about critique of the subjects of coin design, but perhaps you could gather interest for your market (that is, the market of people who collect coins strictly related to geocaching) by starting a thread about it -- not a critical "let's bash geocoins (or, by inference, those who collect geocoins) that aren't related to geocaching" thread, but a "I like geocaching-specific coins: please post pics of your favorite geocaching-related coins, and links to their sales threads, here" type of sharing & celebration thread. Vendors would need to be careful to post links to their sales threads in there (as opposed to outright sales announcements), but I think it could work out. And if/as you demonstrate that there is a definite market for geocaching-specific coins, I'm willing to bet that the vendors will respond with more coins of the kind that you like.

Plus, I think that that kind of sharing/celebratory thread would, well, be more pleasant.

Back to the actual topic of the thread: I do like the coin. I like its shape. I don't personally need heft in a coin, though it's good to point out that it's thin. I think it's a neat, retro kind of idea. I'd like to see this vendor do some straight-up sales (not pre-sales, but sales of actual coins-in-hand) through a store rather than eBay sales -- I understand that eBay is useful insofar as you get the highest bid, but I really like a regular sale with just set prices. For one: I know how much I'm going to pay and can budget it. For two: I don't have to wait until the end of the sale to get my coin shipped to me (I'm very impatient that way! ; ) ). GeoPromotions, I'd like to encourage you to do a regular sale for some of these coins and to do some versions that are RE and that are easy and economical to buy. I think you'd do well with something like this. And it might serve to answer some of the criticism that you're facing: that by using eBay and deliberately making coins in very small lots, that you're essentially coming new to the scene and trying to gouge the market. There's no reason why you, as a vendor, can't do your business this way, but I think that you'd build a better, longer-lasting relationship with the community here (that is, if that's what you want) by doing regular sales.

I really enjoy your input into this. I feel that I have a lot to learn and I will definitely take what you have to say into consideration. I have actually listed my coins in a fixed pricing format and have had much success at that. I do not personally like doing the auction format due to the time and irregularity of the pricing. I am trying to find out the average value of the coins and then try to figure out a fixed price for them. I am thinking of doing some antique gold, silver and copper versions that would be RE that I could sell at a low fixed price. I am also working on a website to do my geocoins directly on which would make it better for the community. I am awaiting approval from Groundspeak regarding this issue. I would prefer to sell direct.

These coins are actually in transit to myself and I am expecting them on Friday along with another coin that I am personally super excited about and I think many other people will like it too. For this reason I have done a 10-day auction on them to hold them off but give them exposure.

I think the only issue I have is the low minting numbers and then calling them all XXXXXXXLE coins, thus raising the price right off the bat. How many were minted and is there a way I can buy one of these coins for $10 or so? If not, I'm not interested. I've not been caching long, but these cash grabs that geocoiners do is kind of annoying. Not saying that's what this is, but just in general...

I really enjoy your input into this. I feel that I have a lot to learn and I will definitely take what you have to say into consideration. I have actually listed my coins in a fixed pricing format and have had much success at that. I do not personally like doing the auction format due to the time and irregularity of the pricing. I am trying to find out the average value of the coins and then try to figure out a fixed price for them. I am thinking of doing some antique gold, silver and copper versions that would be RE that I could sell at a low fixed price. I am also working on a website to do my geocoins directly on which would make it better for the community. I am awaiting approval from Groundspeak regarding this issue. I would prefer to sell direct.

These coins are actually in transit to myself and I am expecting them on Friday along with another coin that I am personally super excited about and I think many other people will like it too. For this reason I have done a 10-day auction on them to hold them off but give them exposure.

I'm glad I could give you some useful feedback! You've probably gotten the sense from some of the responses in this thread that there's a sense that what you're doing is a cash-grab/exploit. In absolute theory, there is no reason why you couldn't actually be doing that -- I mean, you're a business, in it to make money, right?

The problem is the market, and in particular, this community. If you've been around a while, you'll know the several sordid histories of vendors promising coins, taking money for pre-sales, and then vanishing. If you didn't know about this, well, this explains a lot of the hostility towards pre-sales. Please note, though, that all of the situations I've seen in which vendors took money and then ran involved vendors who were already established (in the sense of being regular contributors to the discussions in this Forum, regular buyers and traders of geocoins, and people who'd actually conducted successful pre-sales before), not people whose first appearance in the Forums were as vendors. So sometimes I think it's a little odd when a brand-new person comes in and announces a pre-sale and is almost immediately suspected. Maybe it's mostly hostility to pre-sales, or maybe it's just the pain of having been burned so badly by someone we (the community) trusted that makes us (not everyone, mind you; I'm generalizing) suspicious of pre-sales in general.

Plus, another facet of this particular community is that people really want to feel like the vendors are doing it not just to make money, but because they like geocoins, enjoy designing them, enjoy other people enjoying their designs, etc. That is, that the vendors understand, have an interest in, and contribute to the community. I think that may be why you're also facing the "a brand-new vendor obviously just in it to make a buck" because you're not established in this community and you're using sales practices* that have been used in the past to rake in big bucks by vendors who had gotten the reputation of being greedy.

That's why I recommend having a store-front with reasonably-priced regular editions (that you have on hand, as opposed to pre-sales). By doing this a while, you can establish the reputation as a vendor of neat geocoins, rather than the reputation of someone trying to cash in on the collecting craze.

But, having said that, there is a collector's market. There are collectors who don't really care who you are; if they like your stuff, they'll buy it. So it's really up to you to make a decision as to which way you want to go. I personally think you'll make more money in the long run by establishing a good reputation in the community first, but I can't prove it. : )

*I speak specifically of making small lots of coins and calling them "XXLE" -- the very use of the term "XXLE" sets off bells here, as I know you know -- and putting them up on eBay (but, at least, you're not trying to sell them for $25 each [or more]). It's not that doing this automatically marks you as a greedy or disreputable vendor -- oh no, not at all. It's just that greedy and disreputable vendors often do this, so it tends to make people (in this community) wary right off the bat.

Gee...by your definition it's clear you wouldn't own MOST of my geocoin collection as MOST of them have less to do with geocaching than they have to do with current/past hobbies, or just because I think they look cool.

Different people collect different coins for different reasons. As you said, "To each their own." So I'm not sure why you made an issue of it in the first place?

I haven't seen your collection, but you're likely right. Just my cup of tea, not saying that my collection is any "better" than yours - just different.

I wasn't making an issue, just stating one person's opinion? Why is it ok for everybody to jump in with comments like "beautiful coin" or "I love the design" but but not ok for somebody to not like the concept and post accordingly?

Where I think your post goes wrong, though, is its tone. It looked specifically like a put-down, especially by your use of words like "sigh" and "but, really?" Your post appears to be belittling the coin, and the coiner, because the coin does not fit in with what you personally like to collect. If there has been a glut of coins designed around non-geocaching themes and if you're frustrated because you want to buy something but there's nothing coming out that you want to buy, I can understand that. But it might be more constructive to handle it a different way.

I know there are threads about critique of the subjects of coin design, but perhaps you could gather interest for your market (that is, the market of people who collect coins strictly related to geocaching) by starting a thread about it -- not a critical "let's bash geocoins (or, by inference, those who collect geocoins) that aren't related to geocaching" thread, but a "I like geocaching-specific coins: please post pics of your favorite geocaching-related coins, and links to their sales threads, here" type of sharing & celebration thread. Vendors would need to be careful to post links to their sales threads in there (as opposed to outright sales announcements), but I think it could work out. And if/as you demonstrate that there is a definite market for geocaching-specific coins, I'm willing to bet that the vendors will respond with more coins of the kind that you like.

Plus, I think that that kind of sharing/celebratory thread would, well, be more pleasant.

And it might serve to answer some of the criticism that you're facing: that by using eBay and deliberately making coins in very small lots, that you're essentially coming new to the scene and trying to gouge the market. There's no reason why you, as a vendor, can't do your business this way, but I think that you'd build a better, longer-lasting relationship with the community here (that is, if that's what you want) by doing regular sales.

Which is why my post sounded a bit negative. What this APPEARS to be is another new person who wants to capitalize on coins, has been around for about 3 months with no finds, no hides, etc. Could this be a long timer coiner who now wants to do sales? Maybe, but why hide behind a new moniker? Also, the name itself puts me off "geopromotions" just reeks of commercialism and doesn't feel like somebody that's part of the community - just somebody that's here to make a buck.

Now, I could be 100% wrong, but I've been around long enough to see vendors come and go and that's just my own two cents. I don't know the OP, nor am I trying to sink their ship - again, just one guy stating what he sees based upon his own opinions. The OP may be the nicest guy in the world, I'm just not interested in this type of coin. Not trying to be antagonistic, just sharing my thoughts.

I really will stop posting here, but did want to respond to the posts directed my way so nobody thought I was posting and running.

To GeoPromotions - sorry for the thread hijack. I just meant to state my two cents, I didn't mean to take over your thread. JackalGirl provides good direction and feedback.

I haven't seen your collection, but you're likely right. Just my cup of tea, not saying that my collection is any "better" than yours - just different.

I wasn't making an issue, just stating one person's opinion? Why is it ok for everybody to jump in with comments like "beautiful coin" or "I love the design" but but not ok for somebody to not like the concept and post accordingly?

And it might serve to answer some of the criticism that you're facing: that by using eBay and deliberately making coins in very small lots, that you're essentially coming new to the scene and trying to gouge the market. There's no reason why you, as a vendor, can't do your business this way, but I think that you'd build a better, longer-lasting relationship with the community here (that is, if that's what you want) by doing regular sales.

Which is why my post sounded a bit negative. What this APPEARS to be is another new person who wants to capitalize on coins, has been around for about 3 months with no finds, no hides, etc. Could this be a long timer coiner who now wants to do sales? Maybe, but why hide behind a new moniker? Also, the name itself puts me off "geopromotions" just reeks of commercialism and doesn't feel like somebody that's part of the community - just somebody that's here to make a buck.

Now, I could be 100% wrong, but I've been around long enough to see vendors come and go and that's just my own two cents. I don't know the OP, nor am I trying to sink their ship - again, just one guy stating what he sees based upon his own opinions. The OP may be the nicest guy in the world, I'm just not interested in this type of coin. Not trying to be antagonistic, just sharing my thoughts.

I really will stop posting here, but did want to respond to the posts directed my way so nobody thought I was posting and running.

To GeoPromotions - sorry for the thread hijack. I just meant to state my two cents, I didn't mean to take over your thread. JackalGirl provides good direction and feedback.

I can understand your caution and skepticism. I have been in business a long time and am personally a Challenge Coin collector. The way I found out about Geocaching was by accidentally finding a coin on eBay that I was interested in personally as a collector's piece. I had no clue what it was and I decided to do research into the coins. I soon discovered gc.com and learnded about the hobby. I have actually been out on three hunts for caches in my town. Unfortunately I have not found any. I guess I am not that good. I have actually logged in as cache not found. I was trying to place my coins into the caches to be tracked, but so far I have not found one. I do this as a side hobby/business and have a regular job with the government. My wife is pregnant and we have a 2 year old in the house (which I took with me on my first hunt). Yes, I am new and yes I do not have any finds but I hope to get some spare time soon to get my first.

Again, I understand your caution with my product. I make product that I like for myself in the hopes that others like it too.

By the way, my last name is George, thus the name GeoPromotions. It is purely coincidental that it happens to coorelate with Geocaching. As you can see I primarly make other product and my business is not focused on this sort of thing, I am just doing this as a hobby/collectible. Is it wrong to get into the hobby of geocaching due to the coin aspect of it? By the way, I am willing to trade my coins for others. The coin that I really want is the Orange county Orange Slice coin. It looks like a sliced orange with translucent enamels.

By the way, my last name is George, thus the name GeoPromotions. It is purely coincidental that it happens to coorelate with Geocaching. As you can see I primarly make other product and my business is not focused on this sort of thing, I am just doing this as a hobby/collectible. Is it wrong to get into the hobby of geocaching due to the coin aspect of it? By the way, I am willing to trade my coins for others. The coin that I really want is the Orange county Orange Slice coin. It looks like a sliced orange with translucent enamels.

I do not have the Orange County coin, but have several geocaching and non-geocaching related geocoins and would be pleased to trade if I have anything of interest to you...pm or e-mail me!

ILYK

First of all, these coins may be reminted but with black nickel, not with gold, silver, or copper. Second, I find it hard to make a rule of what is considered LE, XXLE or whatever by a percentage. Let's say I mint 10000 coins then 20% would make 2000 XLE or XXLE. I can't believe that 2000 coins would ever be considered LE or anything like that. I think 20 pcs of anything is extremely hard to find. Also, I have found that the market determines the value of a product. I have listed many products with and without any form of LE or XLE in the title but do state the quantity made. Some auctions sell for $9.99 and some for $40. It depends on the person and how much they want to pay. I have minted a coin and sold through in one month. I have plenty of designs waiting to be made. I find it interesting that just because one person tells me that something is XLE or LE then that is the way it is. I have read many posts and have never found a firm statement or agreement from people saying what and how it has to be. If everyone is in agreement then my label of XLE shouldnt affect your decision to purchase since you will know that 15-25 pcs should really be LE or RE or whatever.

I have found more people upset about my postings of new geocoins, thus I won't create any further posts regarding new coins. I felt that I would give people a chance to preorder or discuss before the product is listed and sold out.

of course 2000 coins can be an LE. if you measure the numbers of any geocoin that has ever been produced and compare it to something like what the Franklin Mint calls LE(100,000 or even 500,000), or any of a variety of other collectible items, then all geocoins could be called LE. Using a percentage is really the best standard to use.

Isn't that a kind of backwards way of pricing? Let me see what people will pay, and then price my coins accordingly? I thought a traditional way was to calculate your cost and expenses and then determine the price you need to make a fair profit? After you figure that out, you work on ways to reduce your cost.

It sounds like you're going to end up setting your prices according to the average of what people paid when they thought the item was rare. You will not be able to maintain the same sales price when people see that there are plenty to go around.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Isn't that a kind of backwards way of pricing? Let me see what people will pay, and then price my coins accordingly? I thought a traditional way was to calculate your cost and expenses and then determine the price you need to make a fair profit? After you figure that out, you work on ways to reduce your cost.

It sounds like you're going to end up setting your prices according to the average of what people paid when they thought the item was rare. You will not be able to maintain the same sales price when people see that there are plenty to go around.

As stated before. There will never be a repeated mint of these platings/colors, etc. Once my original mint product is sold out I may do a black nickel or antique but at that point I will have a fixed price on them ($9.99). I have only done 100 total production for the Gold/Nickel/Copper. Once sold out they will be gone forever. I guess my word will have to taken on this just like any other minter since a minter could remint and the general public would never know since not everyone activates their coins, but it is possible to know if everyone did activate them. For example, I minted 100 geocoins a month ago and almost sold out but only 10 people have activated them so far.

Edited by GeoPromotions

I think the most critically important part about "LE" is that they won't be minted again in that particular color/plating combination, and that there are fewer of them than the "regular editions", but most importantly (to me, anyway) an LE should never, ever be reminted. It's quite possible that a vendor such as yourself will have a splendidly popular product, and that you might decide to do another run. Which is totally cool if people want it, and if you want to do it. Just don't remint the LEs, and if you even /think/ that at some point, you might want to mint more of the editions you did in a more limited run (or if you want to leave open the possibility that you might), call 'em "SEs". : )

I think the most critically important part about "LE" is that they won't be minted again in that particular color/plating combination, and that there are fewer of them than the "regular editions", but most importantly (to me, anyway) an LE should never, ever be reminted. It's quite possible that a vendor such as yourself will have a splendidly popular product, and that you might decide to do another run. Which is totally cool if people want it, and if you want to do it. Just don't remint the LEs, and if you even /think/ that at some point, you might want to mint more of the editions you did in a more limited run (or if you want to leave open the possibility that you might), call 'em "SEs". : )

I've been quietly watching this discussion, and I've loved to see the loose definitions of (X)XLE, LE and SE, but this raised a point of curiosity for me: What do you consider reasonable expectations around AE versions? Are they LEs? XXLEs? or just SEs in nature?

Also, are there other threads you can think of with any form of designator definitions? Has anybody ever attempted to write up a consensus based set of definitions?

I've been quietly watching this discussion, and I've loved to see the loose definitions of (X)XLE, LE and SE, but this raised a point of curiosity for me: What do you consider reasonable expectations around AE versions? Are they LEs? XXLEs? or just SEs in nature?

Also, are there other threads you can think of with any form of designator definitions? Has anybody ever attempted to write up a consensus based set of definitions?

AEs are simply Artist's Edition. Typically they are limited in nature, because they're most often created as payment for a design (in those cases in which a vendor produces someone's design and pays the artist in coins). That isn't always the case; some vendors might define "Artist's Edition" as a plating/color combo that the artist chose (as distinct from the regular editions) and may or may not remint them. So it's good not to assume that AEs are LEs (in the sense of never being reminted) or even limited in quantity.

As for "consensus" (ha ha hah hah ha ha! Let me wipe the tears from my eyes. Sorry. ; ) ), there are actually some pretty good threads: try this one, in which Avroair provides some pretty darn good (though perhaps a touch cynical) definitions. Here's another one by Flying Sphagetti Monster that attempts to pull together some consensus, and is actually probably the one that should be referenced.

Totally off-topic, of course, for which I apologize -- I would highly encourage folks with further comments to make them to FSM's Geocoin Terminology Thread so that GeoP can get back to his regularly-scheduled sale thread. ; )

Totally off-topic, of course, for which I apologize -- I would highly encourage folks with further comments to make them to FSM's Geocoin Terminology Thread so that GeoP can get back to his regularly-scheduled sale thread. ; )

Thank you, Jackalgirl, I'll do that!

Sorry for the hijack GeoPromotions!

No problem. I actually am in the process of changing my auctions from here on out. I am doing with Disney does on their lapel pins. They put LEXX with the XX being the amount of items produced. That way it says LE and shows the quantity. With this anyone can figure out if this item is a collectible or not. Thanks for all the input.

put LEXX with the XX being the amount of items produced. That way it says LE and shows the quantity. With this anyone can figure out if this item is a collectible or not.
what an absolutely excellent way to do things !

it eliminates so much bother, confusion and vagueness

no more percentage calculations

no more range of opinions on what it "should" be

the number is right there, and you can decide for yourself

Bravo !

put LEXX with the XX being the amount of items produced. That way it says LE and shows the quantity. With this anyone can figure out if this item is a collectible or not.
what an absolutely excellent way to do things !

it eliminates so much bother, confusion and vagueness

no more percentage calculations

no more range of opinions on what it "should" be

the number is right there, and you can decide for yourself

Bravo !

I assume that if Disney does it this way and has been doing so for years then I think it should be sufficient for GeoCoins too.