GeoCoin Starting Coords?

Honu_Ohana

Hello, we're about to leave for Hawaii and wanted to take a few newly activated Geocoins to drop there. We want the miles they travel from home to be logged as well and they have yet to be in any cache to this point.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how we should log them to get a starting point (our home) so the miles are tracked on our way from here to Hawaii??

Any ideas how to handle this are appreciated!

Aloha!

post a note and just drop them in cache you already found and retrieve them right back

thank you! That will work, but isn't the "note" on the cache a nuisance? Or maybe I should just delete the note after?

(You like turtles? Honu is the hawaiian word for turtle :anibad: )

post a note and just drop them in cache you already found and retrieve them right back

thank you! That will work, but isn't the "note" on the cache a nuisance? Or maybe I should just delete the note after?

sure you can delete the note on the cache page

yes, turtles are cute, i'll remember that word if we ever visit Hawaii :lol:

Edited by t4e

Some people make a cache at their home and just don't publish it. They move their coins in and out of it. I'm thinking of doing this for my personal traveler so that the mileage will be more in line with what it actually traveled. If I ever publish a cache close to my house I may just use it, but the nearest one now is about 4 miles away.

I hope you have a great time in Hawaii. I've always wanted to go. I love your name. Turtles are one of my favorite animals. There are quite a few awsome turtle coins but I haven't been luckly enough to get one yet.

edited to add. Yes I try to delete notes when I forgot to dip a coin for mileage and have to go back and do it. It's the way I was advised to it when I asked about it. Good luck.

Edited by wolfslady

Oh my, you're dropping Earth Turtles??? Wow, that's very brave of you. They were in such high demand when sold and hard to get after they sold out that to put them out as travellers takes a lot more intestinal fortitude than I have. Kudos to you. Hope they travel long and far.

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii. Here's a turtle we came across in the Sea of Cortez a couple of days ago.

Turtle.jpg

Edited by Droo

I would delete the "coin drop" note after posting it. Then the only nuisance is for the cache owner who will receive an email from your post. I suppose different cache owners might see things differently, but as an owner I do not consider it a nuisance if you want to drop a coin or coins in my caches on occasion.

Aloha!

Glad you are coming to paradise, we have some great caches here. :anibad:

You didn't mention which island(s) you will be visiting. You can see honu on all of them.

We live on Oahu and have cached on all the islands please feel free to contact us (via e-mail we don't get PMs from the forum) if you'd like some advice on where to (& not to) leave your coins.

Happy caching,

jrr

Aloha!

Glad you are coming to paradise, we have some great caches here. :anibad:

You didn't mention which island(s) you will be visiting. You can see honu on all of them.

We live on Oahu and have cached on all the islands please feel free to contact us (via e-mail we don't get PMs from the forum) if you'd like some advice on where to (& not to) leave your coins.

Happy caching,

jrr

I sent you a message from GC. We are arriving on Oahu today (9th) at 3pm and staying Waikiki beach area. We'll be all over the island visiting Ohana and hope to come across some good memorable caches. Any suggestions of parks/locations to check out?

The coins I must say are nice, but sharing them (or the thought of sharing them) is more rewarding than simply leaving them in a box here. :lol:

Mahalo!

Those are beautiful. I've never seen one in real life. I do hope they travel long and far. Maybe even make it my neck of the woods in Texas so I can see one. I'm try to share my favorite coins at events and send the less collectable ones traveling. I had one I sent traveling that was later selling on ebay for $40. It still doesn't have any miles on it, but I have hope because it's still in the hands of the first person who picked it up. Well it still shows in there hands anyway. My other coins that I have traveling are in a race. That has been so much fun. It's so sad that so many coins go missing. But wonderful that so many people are willing to share their coins to spite it.