Garmin 60CSx complete reset?

There's also the "hard reset", which clears all the data mentioned above, plus any knowledge of what satellites are nearby, and probably another thing or two as well that I haven't though of. It actually resets the internal computer, and it can be useful sometimes for clearing up a "brain fart".

There are special keystrokes to do a hard reset; you'll have to search for them since I've forgotten what they are.

... There are special keystrokes to do a hard reset; you'll have to search for them since I've forgotten what they are.

Hard Reset for 60CSX:

1) Power OFF

2) Hold Quit, Enter, and Out. Press Power.

All data will be erased and Factory Default settings applied.

Bob

Thank you!

... There are special keystrokes to do a hard reset; you'll have to search for them since I've forgotten what they are.

Hard Reset for 60CSX:

1) Power OFF

2) Hold Quit, Enter, and Out. Press Power.

All data will be erased and Factory Default settings applied.

Bob

Thank you!

i JUST TRIED THAT AND NOTHING HAPPENED

When using the above Q+E+O+P method, one has to hold all buttons down, for about 10 seconds, for it to clear all. No indication of what is going on in the unit. If it dosen't clear all, hold down longer the next time.

When using the Page+Enter+Power, method, a window drops down asking Do you really want to erase all user data? No Yes. Both work, but PEP is easier for me to remember.