USA Geocoins

LilyPetal

I ordered a Love coin from USA Geocoins. I received it very promptly and was quite pleased with the coin quality. However, when I went to retrieve the activation code from their web site, it said that my tracking number could not be found.

I sent several emails and tried to phone them. I have had no response in two weeks. Unfortunately, the coin was to be placed in a geocache on July 5th as an anniversary present. I am very dissappointed that my gift turned out to be unuseable.

I am at a loss as to what to do from here. Paypal will not help since I received the project. Product quality issues must be dealt with directly with the seller.

If anyone has advice on how to contact these people, please help!

I ordered a Love coin from USA Geocoins. I received it very promptly and was quite pleased with the coin quality. However, when I went to retrieve the activation code from their web site, it said that my tracking number could not be found.

I sent several emails and tried to phone them. I have had no response in two weeks. Unfortunately, the coin was to be placed in a geocache on July 5th as an anniversary present. I am very dissappointed that my gift turned out to be unuseable.

I am at a loss as to what to do from here. Paypal will not help since I received the project. Product quality issues must be dealt with directly with the seller.

I had purchased 2 Fallen Heros coins from them over two weeks ago. One arrived activated and the other didn't (these are pre-activated under a special account). I have sent a request in to activate them several times and today sent an email. They indicated for these, they have so many that need to be activated and only have volunteers to do it. I do not know if I will hear from them, but on mine, they said after sending the activation request through the form, allow 2 weeks before emailing them. I haven't tried calling them yet. I don't know if they are overwhelmed or are behind, but hopefully you'll be able to get a hold of them. If I hear from them in the next few days in response to my email, I will let you know.

He is the same person that runs coincodes and right now he is very slow to upload my codes. I have changed all my activation codes to CACHE and i am looking to host them on my own site. I am fielding more emails about activation these days then anything else and that should be one of the most easiest things.

Hope things are ok with him and his family.

Mike

I am going to sit back and see what happens, hope this does not go the way of many others.

Make sure you are entering the correct tracking number. It is very easy to mistake 0 for o and B for 8. I've done it many times.

If you are entering the correct code, just give him a little while to get back to you.

Thank you all for the information. I definitely entered the tracking number correctly. Sadly, even if I do hear from him, the event that the coin was purchased for has passed. I thought that two weeks was ample time for a response. It makes me sad that such a beautiful coin has gone to waste.

Thank you all for the information. I definitely entered the tracking number correctly. Sadly, even if I do hear from him, the event that the coin was purchased for has passed. I thought that two weeks was ample time for a response. It makes me sad that such a beautiful coin has gone to waste.

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment and I feel this is an aberration as Erick has always been quick to respond to emails and even to the threads like this. I too, hope it's just life getting in the way and not something more seriousl

All:

I am working through a lot of personal issues right now and have got behind. I do not use that as an excuse and no that the lack of communication is unacceptable. The personal issues are slowly being resolved.

Besides the personal issues right in the middle of this I had to change up hosting and had a TON of e-mail issues at the same time.

It's been a nightmare but I'm getting back on track.

I appreciate all the supportive comments at this time.

USA Geocoins is still around, and not going anywhere. :-)

LilyPetal. I will send you a PM with the information.

Thank you and I apologize for this temporary disruption in service.

Eric Kirkland

USA Geocoins

I hope that all works out well for everyone. I lost money to a vendor, the company just closed down their site and dissappeared, only to resurfaced on Ebay doing something similar. It is good to have this kind of information if you buy geocoins from ANY vendor. IMHO, we need a "Rate the vendors list" badly. Not a name calling list, just post the vendor's name and address, and rate them on a scale of 1-5, based upon your experience with that vendor.

:signalviolin:

Edited by Manville Possum Hunters

I hope that all works out well for everyone. I lost money to a vendor, the company just closed down their site and dissappeared, only to resurfaced on Ebay doing something similar. It is good to have this kind of information if you buy geocoins from ANY vendor. IMHO, we need a "Rate the vendors list" badly. Not a name calling list, just post the vendor name and address, and rate them on a scale of 1-5 or something.

:signalviolin:

Since you have obviously voiced your opinions in the pinned thread at the top of this forum, my suggestion would be for you to ask a moderator if such a thread would be allowed. I don't think Groundspeak will look at a thread that you are suggesting since the vendors pay most of the bills - but then again, I can't speak for GS.

It would become a 'slam the vendor' thread...

jmho

~J

Do not worry about this as we have been doing biz with Eric K for years.

You will be taken care of in our experience.

Edited by Ryder3 & Better Half

Do not worry about this as we have been doing biz with Eric K for years.

You will be taken care of in our experience.

As a matter of fact,if you do not want the coin we will pay your purchase price and shipping.

Then just send it to us.

============================================

We are having difficulty with them also.

No response to emails. No contact info on site. We have never had issues with them before.

PayPal dispute opened yesterday.

Name of coin: Fallen Heroes (10) and Love (2) coins

Name of Vendor: USA Geocoins

Date Ordered: 6/26/10

Shipment Due Date: unknown standard shipping

Ordered by: 1. Beth/Jim Turney "Not yet received"

Jim, you need to put this information in the pinned vendor feedback thread, not here. This kind of information is exactly why that thread exists.

I have read the post this month about USA Geocoin, I have several things to add myself.

I ordered 6 coins from USA Geocoin on their website and paid for them by PayPal on July 8. I did not get them, I tried to Email USA Geocoin and my Emails have gone unanswered. Last week I called and spoke to someone who gave me a sob story about his computer crashing and he promised to look into it and get back to in 1-2 days. That was six days ago! My phone calls are now going unanswered.

As far as I am concerned this is theft. Taking money and never providing the service or product. I will open a greviance with Paypal, and I will file a complaint with the FBI for computer crime, and I know that I will get my money back from Paypal, but the owner of USA Geocoin as much as some of you like him is wrong.

One post mention that Groundspeak might have a problem with a member speaking bad about a sponsor. Well..I followed a link from a Groundspeak web site to USA Geocoin, and I have the receipt form paypal and the Emails that I sent, I can even prove that I called USA Geocoin. So if Groundspeak gets upset maybe they should be upset with their sponsor and the mistrust they have planted in our community.

If you are still reading I want to thank you for letting me rant, but what I wanted from the start was the coins I ordered and payed for.

Thanks

Jay :yikes:

I have read the post this month about USA Geocoin, I have several things to add myself.

I ordered 6 coins from USA Geocoin on their website and paid for them by PayPal on July 8. I did not get them, I tried to Email USA Geocoin and my Emails have gone unanswered. Last week I called and spoke to someone who gave me a sob story about his computer crashing and he promised to look into it and get back to in 1-2 days. That was six days ago! My phone calls are now going unanswered.

As far as I am concerned this is theft. Taking money and never providing the service or product. I will open a greviance with Paypal, and I will file a complaint with the FBI for computer crime, and I know that I will get my money back from Paypal, but the owner of USA Geocoin as much as some of you like him is wrong.

One post mention that Groundspeak might have a problem with a member speaking bad about a sponsor. Well..I followed a link from a Groundspeak web site to USA Geocoin, and I have the receipt form paypal and the Emails that I sent, I can even prove that I called USA Geocoin. So if Groundspeak gets upset maybe they should be upset with their sponsor and the mistrust they have planted in our community.

If you are still reading I want to thank you for letting me rant, but what I wanted from the start was the coins I ordered and payed for.

Thanks

Jay :yikes:

Totally agree with you 100% Jay. I posted earlier but my comments got pushed off onto the "Vendor Delay" thread. I too followed the link for USAGeocoins from Groundspeaks distributor list as well. Trusting that these sites that they have listed are reputable distributors.

This isn't a delay.........like you said.....it's theft and we should be able to voice our opinions about it openly on this forum so that others don't get ripped off like we were. This guy isn't the only one that has fallen on hard times and it's rather disheartening that he would steal our hard earned money.

To All:

I will tell it like it is and not make up excuses. I was just informed about this thread.

I stake my reputation on my company.

In a nutshell there have been a lot of major and unexpected personal issues that have limited my access to answering e-mails. As you may have noticed I haven't even been on the forums.

Those personal issues have about 90% been resolved. Along with the several personal issues that occured at the same time I had a major problem with the hosting company for a period that caused me some other major issues. Those have been resolved.

I apologize for the lack of communication as the personal issues had severly limited my time and the issues were unexpected.

ALL orders will be fulfilled and currently I am wrapping on on the Fallen Heroes activations and will then be attending to other issues.

I please ask everyone to be patient as these issues are being resolved. However those issues are no excuse for poor customer service.

I apologize for any inconvienences that have been caused and guarantee any issues by any customers will be resolved.

Thank you

Eric Kirkland

USA Geocoins

Once again, folks, if you have a problem, make sure you post about it in the Vendor Feedback thread. It's a way for all of the feedback to be concentrated and easily available to the vendors, to potential customers, as well as to Groundspeak who may (depending on the situation) eventually take some kind of action. Having all of the feedback in one pinned place makes it vastly easier to track issues. Posting them in a bunch of separate unpinned threads, ones which will eventually drop off the front page, does not. Separate threads look like individuals complaining who may have good reason, and who may not, or like isolated incidents. Accumulated complaints in the pinned thread, on the other hand, make it very, very clear when vendors are having major problems. Also, because that thread is permanently pinned, even if a vendor does make good, it allows people to look through and see those vendors who've had problems in the past (imo, I think that this is an incentive for vendors to never, ever, ever appear in the thread in the first place).

The pinned thread is not an attempt to stifle complaints. It's there to facilitate them.

I find it funny that Erik of USA Geocoin has time to post on this thread to tell us why he is not communicating with us, but is not communicating with us personally on these issues. This is an excuse in an attempt to put time distant between us. The time to ask for more time and patience from your buyers was weeks ago when you started to have problems, not after you lied to us. You just found out about this thread? What about your post on this thread earlier this month.

So; NO SIR, no more time, you have had it. I am tired of internet business men who take my money, and never send me the product (you are correct, you are not the only one). I have filed a grievance with PayPal. I have file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (reference number 27155475). Today I will contact the local police, and see if they will take a complaint, and I will write a letter to the FBI. As I said before this is criminal action on your part. I am tired of it. USA Geocoin is wasting my time, and turning my hobby into a nightmare.

Why am I spending time writing on this thread. So far it is the only place that seems to have caught the attention of USA Geocoin. They have ignored my Emails and phone calls, and this thread seem appropriate for that.

I did add my name to the list in the pinned thread as well.

Groundspeak: I hope you take a good look at this. I found this vendor through a link on Geochaching.com, and I certainly do not hold you responsible for USA Geocoins actions. I think you need to ask yourselves why are we still accepting his ads especially if this is the way he is treating our community. In my opinion USA Geocoins has committed theft and fraud, and should be dealt with the same way we deal with other criminals in our society.

I know that there are folks out there including USA Geocoin who are going to find this slanderous, but before you go and say something out of turn. I am willing to back up my accusations with hard facts. the PayPal receipts, the Emails and the phone calls. So if you feel you need to see the evidence please send me an Email.

Thanks for reading

Jay

I find it funny that Erik of USA Geocoin has time to post on this thread to tell us why he is not communicating with us, but is not communicating with us personally on these issues. This is an excuse in an attempt to put time distant between us. The time to ask for more time and patience from your buyers was weeks ago when you started to have problems, not after you lied to us. You just found out about this thread? What about your post on this thread earlier this month.

So; NO SIR, no more time, you have had it. I am tired of internet business men who take my money, and never send me the product (you are correct, you are not the only one). I have filed a grievance with PayPal. I have file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (reference number 27155475). Today I will contact the local police, and see if they will take a complaint, and I will write a letter to the FBI. As I said before this is criminal action on your part. I am tired of it. USA Geocoin is wasting my time, and turning my hobby into a nightmare.

Why am I spending time writing on this thread. So far it is the only place that seems to have caught the attention of USA Geocoin. They have ignored my Emails and phone calls, and this thread seem appropriate for that.

I did add my name to the list in the pinned thread as well.

Groundspeak: I hope you take a good look at this. I found this vendor through a link on Geochaching.com, and I certainly do not hold you responsible for USA Geocoins actions. I think you need to ask yourselves why are we still accepting his ads especially if this is the way he is treating our community. In my opinion USA Geocoins has committed theft and fraud, and should be dealt with the same way we deal with other criminals in our society.

I know that there are folks out there including USA Geocoin who are going to find this slanderous, but before you go and say something out of turn. I am willing to back up my accusations with hard facts. the PayPal receipts, the Emails and the phone calls. So if you feel you need to see the evidence please send me an Email.

Thanks for reading

Jay

If you file a paypal claim, you will probably get your money back. At that point, you have lost nothing.

I think the world of Eric and USA coins, but I hope at this point he will close his store down until he has the time to devote to it. I hate seeing this thread happening to such a nice guy, but I do understand why these complaints are popping up.

And this is another reason why I take the "Groundspeak Approved Vendors List" with a grain of salt. I believe that every vendor that has "gone rogue" had been on that list. What does this list mean? It definitely doesn't mean that any vendor on this list isn't going to take your money and run.

I have to agree with Joni..... with the utmost respect for Eric K it saddens me to see this thread continue to find more fuel to add to the fire. Life happens and if you can't keep up it's best to shut down until the joy returns and you can cope with the demands and expectations with enthusiasm and dedication or else it just gets worse and you get further behind. There is no harm in taking a break to do some soul searching, recharge the batteries, re-align the priorities, make some new decisions.

To the folks who feel jilted.... don't let the 45 day grace period pass you by and get your money back. No loss no foul just some frustration and disappointments which you will get over. Heck, at this point even if you got your orders filled and shipped you'd still be soured so nothing is going to change that ... NOTHING. So get your money back and try to get some joy back into your hobby and move on.

.......Sermon over.......

Well I got my Geocoins in the mail today.

It is sad that Erick has not communicated with me directly, and that I had to use such a big stick to force him to send the coins that I paid him for.

I filed a grievance with Paypal, the FTC and with Akron PD.

Yes in the end I got the coins. It also cost me a few hours of my time for which USAGeocoins (Erick has never acknowledged).

Erick, ask yourself if the roles had been reversed would you have not liked a simple direct apology, not one posted on the forum or in a note to Paypal. I will bet you would, and I will also bet that without it you would consider never doing business with that company again.

This said, I will withdrawl the complaint with paypal. I doubt the complaint with the Akron PD or the FTC is actionable as a criminal matter since I have received the coins and if and when the investigators get around to it I will let them know that I did indeed receive the coins that I paid for.

This said. I am closing this chapter in my life, but I will think hard before ordering from USA Geocoins again.

Jay Hyland

Well I got my Geocoins in the mail today.

It is sad that Erick has not communicated with me directly, and that I had to use such a big stick to force him to send the coins that I paid him for.

I filed a grievance with Paypal, the FTC and with Akron PD.

Yes in the end I got the coins. It also cost me a few hours of my time for which USAGeocoins (Erick has never acknowledged).

Erick, ask yourself if the roles had been reversed would you have not liked a simple direct apology, not one posted on the forum or in a note to Paypal. I will bet you would, and I will also bet that without it you would consider never doing business with that company again.

This said, I will withdrawl the complaint with paypal. I doubt the complaint with the Akron PD or the FTC is actionable as a criminal matter since I have received the coins and if and when the investigators get around to it I will let them know that I did indeed receive the coins that I paid for.

This said. I am closing this chapter in my life, but I will think hard before ordering from USA Geocoins again.

Jay Hyland

Cryin' shame Erick has a life, isn't it?

They're coins, not kidneys.

I'm sorry, but don't think that paying on July 8, and receiving the coins on August 5th was something worth calling in the Feds about, and the cops and a Paypal complaint. A little patience wouldn't have hurt. Many online places will state something like allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. I think this was blown way out of proportion on that point.

How old are some of you? I think we would all agree that if we where going through everything that Erick is working through that we would hope people would give us some understanding. Would you like Erick to send each of you a personel e-mail message about what's going on and have things take even longer to get resolved or post a message in this thread that everyone that has issue can read. I believe he is currently doing the best he can to keep his business running and deal with the current landslide of things that came his way. If you are still having problems send him a brief e-mail sxplaining the issue or a short phone call. If you want to get on the phone and whine for an hour then your prolonging the recovery process.

Edited by AF Bmet

I'm sorry, but don't think that paying on July 8, and receiving the coins on August 5th was something worth calling in the Feds about, and the cops and a Paypal complaint. A little patience wouldn't have hurt. Many online places will state something like allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. I think this was blown way out of proportion on that point.

Have to disagree with the "Paypal" part and delivery statement. You only have 45 days to submit a claim with Paypal which unfortunately I had to do as well. I have purchased SEVERAL coins/geocaching items througout the years from various vendors and unless you are pre-ordering something that has not been delivered to the seller yet, I have NEVER experienced a 3-4 week timeframe to RECEIVE ANYTHING. That goes for International orders as well.

How old are some of you? I think we would all agree that if we where going through everything that Erick is working through that we would hope people would give us some understanding. Would you like Erick to send each of you a personel e-mail message about what's going on and have things take even longer to get resolved or post a message in this thread that everyone that has issue can read. I believe he is currently doing the best he can to keep his business running and deal with the current landslide of things that came his way. If you are still having problems send him a brief e-mail sxplaining the issue or a short phone call. If you want to get on the phone and whine for an hour then your prolonging the recovery process.

How about he sends us ANY form of message? After sending SEVERAL e-mails over a months time and receiving no response back..........what do you expect us to do? Look, we ALL have issues that come up in our lives. I happen to run my own business as well and this FLAT OUT is just poor customer service. Businesses DON'T STAY IN BUSINESS by treating customers this way. He should shut things down temporarily until his issues get handled. Then his business can get the devotion from him that it deserves when he is ready and able to get back to it 100%.

I had the same issue here. Ordered end of June, got nothing. No communication, no shipping confirmation. Nothing. Time has passed, email not answered.

When you are experienced with PayPal you know that the 45 days pass fast. I filed the claim and got the money back. No big deal. Never got the coins I ordered.

YES....personal problems are understood and it's part of everybody's life....but hey...if you are an honest man, give your customers some kind of alert to know what's going on. Leaving everybody in the dark is just a poor behavior and not really accepted.

BTW...if there is any honesty left for USA Geocoins - I don't mind to see an apology by getting those coins now. As far as I am concerned I will pay the full amount. BUT sorry, this has to be now AFTER I get my delivery. It's time for USA Geocoins to take the risk now.

Cheers.

Edited by afishler

I ordered two coins from USA geocoins on June 26th, and received them today! I did get a letter last wk stating there was a delay because of manufacturing delays.

I was told I would receive an additional coin free of charge.

Except I got the wrong coins..............I ordered two of the same coins for use to carry on key rings, and I received two different coins altogether.

I am Lilypetal's friend and I know she has not resolved the issue with the activation code either.

Now what to do............???

EDIT

Well.......I found out that the 2 coins I received were gifts from my friend Lilypetal..........I called her and told her that I finally received the coins I had ordered but not the right ones. So she asks me what coins did I receive......And then she tells me she ordered them for me :D

So I still havent got my 2 coins from USA Geocoins!!!!!!! :D

Edited by michiganman3

My update....

Unbelievable but I got my coins at the end after a long long wait. Surprisingly enough the stamp on the envelope was as stated by USA Geocoins. It just traveled for a very long and unexpected time.

Funny enough as I stated above I will be happy to send payment again after I got the refund from PayPal...but still I get no communication from USA Geocoins on instructions of how to resend the money.

This is truly amazing....just want to pay them what they are supposed to get and still no reply :laughing:

I have talked with EricK several times and enjoyed talking to him at the GCF in Pittsburgh. I understand that Erick is going through several issues right now and I for one am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope things get back to normal as he produced quality coins. A month is not nine months, a year or never as has happened in the past. At least you received your coins, several companies in the past haven't delivered at all.

Some people cry the blues on the forums, take coins and money from people and go geocaching or produce their own coins and yet they are welcomed with open arms on these forums.

My point is caveat emptor. Don't believe that everyone who deals on the forums is honest and your friend and file the claims with paypal within the required time frame or be willing to give up your money.

I ordered from USA coins 6 weeks ago and still have not received my coins or TB. I have sent emails and tried to call them to not avail. They succeeded in taking the $80 I sent them, but not in delivering the goods that were promised. I am considering this a learning experience for myself and will not order from this company again. I am not saying they are a bad company, I am just putting my experience out there for the edification of the geocaching community.