Bag for hiding caches

Quite a few of the small tupperware box type caches I've found have been wrapped in what looks like a black canvas bag of some sort. These seem quite a good idea as they keep the dirt and water off the cache whist also being black allow a high degree of camoflage.

Any idea what these are and how to get hold of them? I know about the camobags sold by Groundspeak...

should be easy to get some DPM material and sew some bags from it.

Cheap enough to buy the material and make your own, this stuff is 1mtr x 152cm so a couple of metres should make a fair few bags. DPM Material Ripstop

definitely works out cheaper that way - I bought enough material, paracord and toggle clasps the other day to make around 20 large bags, total cost £7.50-ish

Now I just have to actually get around to dusting off my sewing machine and making them

definitely works out cheaper that way - I bought enough material, paracord and toggle clasps the other day to make around 20 large bags, total cost £7.50-ish

Now I just have to actually get around to dusting off my sewing machine and making them

Problem is when you use your sowing machine for sail :) repairs it is constantly in a state of repair :lol: ...

I'm not a great fan of bags but on the one or two occasions I have used them I found weed control fabric to be the best. It's easy to cut, blends in well and you can use a stapler to form a rough bag shape with a longer piece to fold over the cache. Takes about 5 mins and no sewing skills required :)

Any caches I've found wrapped in this fabric appear to be drier than more water resistant fabrics as they tend to hold the water inside for much longer and also encourage slugs etc.

I'm not a great fan of bags but on the one or two occasions I have used them I found weed control fabric to be the best. It's easy to cut, blends in well and you can use a stapler to form a rough bag shape with a longer piece to fold over the cache. Takes about 5 mins and no sewing skills required :)

Any caches I've found wrapped in this fabric appear to be drier than more water resistant fabrics as they tend to hold the water inside for much longer and also encourage slugs etc.

Now I know what to do with the leftovers I have from doing garden.......... :)

Although after making over 350 for last years mega, I have gone off sewing a little......