10 year coins

netleyhunter

I went to one of the ten year events and picked up a Manitoba 10 year geocoin, since I liked it so much I bought a second one. I don't really have many geocoins, so getting a second one isn't normal. A fellow cacher had an extra and they owed me a little cash so we settled the $10 tab with one more Manitoba coin. I thought the third coin I could trade for a different geocoin.

Anyway, I thought I would have a look and see what these 10 year coins are going for on e-bay and I was blown away that the coins are going for anywhere from about $25 to a Manitoba coin going for $90!

I guess collectors are wanting to have the whole set? Any idea of the mint run of each of the different 10 year coins? Do some of the coins have a smaller mint run than others?

Thanks

I went to one of the ten year events and picked up a Manitoba 10 year geocoin, since I liked it so much I bought a second one. I don't really have many geocoins, so getting a second one isn't normal. A fellow cacher had an extra and they owed me a little cash so we settled the $10 tab with one more Manitoba coin. I thought the third coin I could trade for a different geocoin.

Anyway, I thought I would have a look and see what these 10 year coins are going for on e-bay and I was blown away that the coins are going for anywhere from about $25 to a Manitoba coin going for $90!

I guess collectors are wanting to have the whole set? Any idea of the mint run of each of the different 10 year coins? Do some of the coins have a smaller mint run than others?

Thanks

Most of the coin-edition had an amount of 100 coins minted. Some had a little more. The coins that were sold by the coinshops had runs of 200 coins (or more?).

-

And some of the 100 minted were shared between events so they sold out fast! I did the Iowa one and I am down to the one in my collection and 1 to be given as a prize at the event I have coming up. The rest were sold that weekend with the exception of 2 I sold on eBay.