How do I ... (Oregon)

ceeG

Is there any way to zero the main odometer on an Oregon without losing all the menu customisation ?

The only way I know of to zero it is to do a master reset which resets the odometer, restores any waypoints I've just deleted, and resets all the menus to default. It's more trouble than it's worth.

It would seem from what I've tried that both the 300 and the 450 have been blessed with this feature.

Thanks

Gary

setup -> reset -> reset trip data.

yup I do it everytime we go hiking

That's only the trip odometer, not the total odometer. There are two odometers on the oregon. Not really sure what significance of the total odometer is. It would be nice to be able to reset it. That why I could derive some meaningful significance out of that feature.

For instance, lets say we were going on a trip, we could reset the odometer (the total one) at the beginning. Then we could reset the trip odometers at each hike. We could know how far each hike was, plus the total distance of our trip.

As for now, yes I have the two odometers on my gps. What on earth is the sigificance of the one I can't clear?!? All it shows is the total distance I've had on my gps, which includes trips to the store, driving back and forth to the hunt club. Who cares?!?!? If it was a reading that reflected miles driven on a machine it would be useful information, who cares how far my gps has travled? Will it need the oil changed at 50K miles?!??

Stupid feature. :sad::mad:

Edited by gitarmac