Rothbury

Rothbury is a very nice place.......yet another part of the country I've been to because of Geocaching.....mind you, it was yonks ago! And if I remember, I did 200 odd miles to nab 4 or 5 caches!

Seriously tho I hope they find him soon.

I wonder how long it will be before the police give up and log a DNF? :lol:

J

Well his tent in the woods was obviously a physical stage of the multi he's put out. And he left clues too. Although hunting a moving target is not in the spirit of the game!

I was planning to go caching in Rothbury this weekend !

Probably not a good idea just now.

You are probably right, at the moment. :lol:

I have a new cache in the area that is still awaiting a FTF - perhaps it will be available for a bit longer!! Unless, of course, the fugitive, or any of the "armed cops", are geocachers!!! :anibad:

Edited by Phil100

It's not quite so funny when you live 4 mile from where the first shooting was, and they were in the actual village of a team we regularly cache with.... :anibad:

We reckon he's heading to the Cheviots, they will need to send the army in to find him up there, let's hope everything is back to normal soon.

I think between this incident and the recent shootings in Cumbria folks are a bit worried to wander around in the woods looking for plastic, a few folks have mentioned they are going to give things a few weeks to calm down.

M :lol:

It's not quite so funny when you live 4 mile from where the first shooting was, and they were in the actual village of a team we regularly cache with.... :anibad:

3 miles for me! The street in Birtley where the guy was killed was the very street where my wife grew up and lived until she was 21.

I have a new cache in the area that is still awaiting a FTF - perhaps it will be available for a bit longer!! Unless, of course, the fugitive, or any of the "armed cops", are geocachers!!! :anibad:

Selby's Cove? I'll have to check it out when I eventually get up there! Although I doubt I'll be FTF!

Selby's Cove? I'll have to check it out when I eventually get up there! Although I doubt I'll be FTF!

Yes, Selby's Cove. If you know the area you'll appreciate the problem that the Police have with miles of desolate moorland, thick forests, ravines and caves.

And, Mandy, sorry if I sounded flippant - I do appreciate the seriousness; I live less than a mile from the second shooting.

Edited by Phil100

And, Mandy, sorry if I sounded flippant - I do appreciate the seriousness; I live less than a mile from the second shooting.

I wasn't having a dig at anyone Phil :wacko: All I meant was people don't realise how serious it is or how people feel until it is on your own door step.

My heart goes out to the policeman (and his family) who was just minding his own business and doing his job and got shot for no reason whatsoever, that was dreadful :signalviolin:

I've not caught up with the news today, are there any new developments?

M :(

It's not quite so funny when you live 4 mile from where the first shooting was, and they were in the actual village of a team we regularly cache with.... :wacko:

3 miles for me! The street in Birtley where the guy was killed was the very street where my wife grew up and lived until she was 21.

If your only three mile from Birtley why don't you come to our monthly meets? And why don't you have your name down for our event? :(:signalviolin:

M :P

If your only three mile from Birtley why don't you come to our monthly meets? And why don't you have your name down for our event? :(:signalviolin:

M :P

Mandy

When and where is your next monthly meet? I have had a look through the future events listings and can't see anything obvious.

Only reason that I am asking is that I will be working in your area for a couple of days next week .... and this is often an excuse to go to a local event. Much better than sitting in a pub on my own ....... but there again I have caches planned for the evenings, so may not have time :wacko:

Unfortunately, I am a few days too early for the NWCMM otherwise I would have popped in there again on my way up the M6.

If your only three mile from Birtley why don't you come to our monthly meets? And why don't you have your name down for our event? :P:signalviolin:

Mandy

When and where is your next monthly meet? I have had a look through the future events listings and can't see anything obvious.

Only reason that I am asking is that I will be working in your area for a couple of days next week .... and this is often an excuse to go to a local event. Much better than sitting in a pub on my own ....... but there again I have caches planned for the evenings, so may not have time :wacko:

Unfortunately, I am a few days too early for the NWCMM otherwise I would have popped in there again on my way up the M6.

Hiya Maple Leaf

It is not an "Event" we have a monthly get together, on the last Sunday of every month we have been doing this for more than 5 year now, we have a natter, a drink, do a quiz and have our supper.

If you are ever in the Durham area near the end of the month give me a shout and I will let you know the details, you would be more than welcome to come along and meet the local yokels

Oh I do have an event in September :(

Mandy :lol:

(edited for dreadful speelin :D )

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

If your only three mile from Birtley why don't you come to our monthly meets? And why don't you have your name down for our event? :P:signalviolin:

Mandy

Hiya Maple Leaf

It is not an "Event" we have a monthly get together, on the last Sunday of every month we have been doing this for more than 5 year now, we have a natter, a drink, do a quiz and have our supper.

If you are ever in the Durham area near the end of the month give me a shout and I will let you know the details, you would be more than welcome to come along and meet the local yokels

Oh I do have an event in September :(

Mandy :lol:

(edited for dreadful speelin :D )

Ok thanks Mandy. Maybe one day, but unlikely if it is a Sunday.