Geocache blown up!

seabee89

for all of you tri-state cachers (IN, KY, IL), I saw on the Evansville news tonight where two cachers where noticed doing something "suspicious" in Owensboro, placing an object on the ground, etc. Cops were called, and shot the suspicious object, then pieced it back together and learned it was a cache. They ended up on the Geocache website...no charges filed, and they're fine with the game, just want it labelled as a geocache. You can see the news footage on wtvw.com or wfie.com.

for all of you tri-state cachers (IN, KY, IL), I saw on the Evansville news tonight where two cachers where noticed doing something "suspicious" in Owensboro, placing an object on the ground, etc. Cops were called, and shot the suspicious object, then pieced it back together and learned it was a cache. They ended up on the Geocache website...no charges filed, and they're fine with the game, just want it labelled as a geocache. You can see the news footage on wtvw.com or wfie.com.

Here's a link to the story itself. It took me a while to find it on the WTVW Web site.

--Larry

Great... :lol: I guess my mother (who lives in the Tri-State) will be calling me tonight and telling me how dangerous geocaching is and to be careful, regardless of the fact that I am 34 years old. When I first told her about it, she was worried that someone might be sitting out there waiting for me to come along and mug me.

Guess :) is a good thing.

Great... :anibad: I guess my mother (who lives in the Tri-State) will be calling me tonight and telling me how dangerous geocaching is and to be careful, regardless of the fact that I am 34 years old. When I first told her about it, she was worried that someone might be sitting out there waiting for me to come along and mug me.

Guess :cry: is a good thing.

Now thats funny in a way. I just got into caching myself and often had strange feelings on some hunts that lead me to a dark hidden area. Just wait untill some crazy finds out about this and starts hiding body parts in a multi puzzle cache for police to find. game over.

Edited by Pardee29