Have Geocoin that requests to be put in 3 start D

Mirage29

I have a geocoin that I need to place back out there (it's been around for over 2500 miles) but owner requested that it only be put in a 3 star or higher difficulty rating. The problem is I haven't found one yet. When I found the coin it wasn't in a 3 star find.

Suggestions????

I always do my best to meet the coin's goal, but if I can't in a reasonable amount of time I try to put it somewhere nice. If you can't find what they want try sending them a note and asking what they would like you to do. Although I haven't had much luck with getting responces from owners about coins, I still try when I'm not sure what to do. In the meantime keep your eyes open for the perfect cache.

I see you've put a note on the geocoin's page to let the owner know that you still have the coin but you haven't found a suitable cache as yet - That was good of you. Personally, I don't mind someone keeping my trackables for extra weeks, or even months, as long as they let me know what the situation is.

While you're still searching for a 3*D cache where you can drop it off, remember you can always dip the coin in and out of a couple of other caches when you visit, just to give it a bit of extra mileage.

If it really is too difficult to find a suitable cache in your area then don't get too stressed about it - Moving trackables about should be a pleasure, not a burden! - I'm sure the owner won't mind as long as you place it somewhere safe eventually.

MrsB

Mrs B hits one point right on the head - "someplace safe".

many coin owners have had numerous coins go missing and many go missing because they are placed in caches that are frequently muggled or easily accessed. the owners request for D3 ratings should also include a thought about, if it is a puzzle/unknown cache type, is the difficulty due to the puzzle or the hide.

We all want our coins to move about freely, but like anything else, we want them to remain active and not go missing. This may just be that owners way of trying to insure that.

It looks like that traveler has not been in a 3* cache in over a year....lots of events, TB Hotels, etc.

Exactly..........I found it in a TB hotel which was maybe a 1-1/2* T 1*D. Just wanted to meet the owners wishes. I do appreciate the responses and will look for "somewhere safe" to place.

I have a geocoin that I need to place back out there (it's been around for over 2500 miles) but owner requested that it only be put in a 3 star or higher difficulty rating. The problem is I haven't found one yet. When I found the coin it wasn't in a 3 star find.

Suggestions????

M_29 could you place a level 3 cache? since you cannot find one - make one i say