Help Needed! Please.

munchtime

Hello

Downloaded and installed my first cartridge to my Android phone running WhereYouGo and off I went to my nearest one which is GC1B9MZ Brueton Park.

Parked up and started app, chose cartridge.

I have 2 options on screen START & NAVIGATE. I pressed navigate and it took me to the start point for the park. If I press start I get the following 4 options. Locations / You See / Inventory / Tasks all of which have a (0) after them. I wandered aimlessly around the park hoping for something to happen but nothing did.

Am I missing something really obvious? How do I know what to do at the park? The info on the GC.com page says it does not matter where I start from in the park.

I am confused but want to try again

Any suggestions?

Munch

Hello

Anyone out there?

RE: above post

I have just ran the cartridge on the emulator and I can tell that the it is not loading the information onto WhereYouGo as it does on the emulator.

Is this a problem with the Wherigo app? When I download a cartridge it offers me 4 choices, Garmin Colorado, Oregon, Nuvi and pocket PC. Which one should I download for WhereYouGo on android? I have downloaded the Pocket PC version.

Munch

I'm not familiar with the Android Player. I would have guessed NAVIGATE will take you to the starting coordinates and START will start the cartridge. It seems you might know that.

I don't have access to the cartridge's source, but I saw something interesting in the emulator. Check out what displays for a fraction of a second after the cartridge starts:20100708_wherigo.jpg

It seems the cartridge's author has defined a zone for the entire park. The Player has to register you're inside that zone before you can start the cartridge and see everything. I don't know, though, how the Android Player will handle such a zone and shape. If the zone's specified center/original point is at the cartridge's starting location, it might be a simple matter of zeroing out. If not, I don't quite know what you'll have to do in the Android Player to trigger that first zone's Enter event. Either way, it seems this is what has to be addressed before you can play.

Perhaps you can contact the cartridge's author and explain to him what is happening. An update could be made to address the issue seen with this Wherigo Player.

Just noticed this thread (thanks to an emailed nudge :anibad: )

Yes, the whole of the park is a zone with four zones inside it which can be visited in any order

The four inner zones only become active once you have reached the park from any direction

I initially wrote and tested it using my Mio P550 but it works fine on our Oregon as well. I don't know if anyone has had any success playing it on the Android. One cacher mentioned to me that he was going to use a Blackberry with the openwherigo whatever player on it but he hasn't logged a find yet! :lol:

I work right next to the park and I can meet you any lunchtime (Mon-Thurs) for assistance

Mark

PS. The entire source code (with a few key bits removed) is available here :lol:

Just noticed this thread (thanks to an emailed nudge :anibad: )

Yes, the whole of the park is a zone with four zones inside it which can be visited in any order

The four inner zones only become active once you have reached the park from any direction

I initially wrote and tested it using my Mio P550 but it works fine on our Oregon as well. I don't know if anyone has had any success playing it on the Android. One cacher mentioned to me that he was going to use a Blackberry with the openwherigo whatever player on it but he hasn't logged a find yet! :lol:

I work right next to the park and I can meet you any lunchtime (Mon-Thurs) for assistance

Mark

PS. The entire source code (with a few key bits removed) is available here :lol:

Thanks Mark

I will take you up on that offer! I'll message you next week

Regards

Roy

Hi Roy,

I noticed after your mail, that it was problem in WhereYouGo application, not in cartridge. So please, on market is new version 0.4.5, try it ... seems that works ok ...

Just noticed this thread (thanks to an emailed nudge :) )

I initially wrote and tested it using my Mio P550 but it works fine on our Oregon as well. I don't know if anyone has had any success playing it on the Android. One cacher mentioned to me that he was going to use a Blackberry with the openwherigo whatever player on it but he hasn't logged a find yet! :)

Mark

PS. The entire source code (with a few key bits removed) is available here :)

Thanks Mark

I will take you up on that offer! I'll message you next week

Regards

Roy