urban camouflage....

BugNbunny

Ive seen a few posts like this in the past and did a search.... not that much came up.. im interested in what you guys wear to fool the muggles in urban settings?

i was thinking of getting this t-shirt.....

12255135v9_480x480_Back_Color-Green.jpg

You going to get magnets for the side of your vehicle that have the same logo, so they can get the full effect? :blink:

You going to get magnets for the side of your vehicle that have the same logo, so they can get the full effect? :blink:

dadgum right! and a hard hat too! Not too much stealth required in KY huh? .... its a bit hard not to get noticed loitering on a dead end street in residential areas......

I don't think that you really need special clothes or a marked vehicle. IMHO, it's all about your technique.

When you arrive at the site:

1) Immediately begin to do a complex GPS calibration. It helps if while doing that you mutter not quite under your breath, stringing together words that don't make sense. Shout out every third or fourth word.

2) When calibration is complete, begin to circle the lamp post while clapping hands and bringing your knees up high with each step.

3) When ready to retrieve the cache, stare towards the heavens and in a loud voice say, "Are you sure you want me to look under it? Really sure? This won't be like the last time will it?"

4) Then carefully lift the skirt while bending low as if to sneak a quick glimpse of something that might try to get you.

5) Thrust your hands under the skirt to retrieve the cache container and quickly remove it from the lamp post.

6) Clutch the container to your chest while singing your favorite show tune.

7) Return to your cachemobile to sign the log.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you follow the above, nobody in their right mind will stick around you to see what you're doing. You just need to ensure that you've left the area before the police arrive (and they will). :anibad:

I don't think that you really need special clothes or a marked vehicle. IMHO, it's all about your technique.

When you arrive at the site:

1) Immediately begin to do a complex GPS calibration. It helps if while doing that you mutter not quite under your breath, stringing together words that don't make sense. Shout out every third or fourth word.

2) When calibration is complete, begin to circle the lamp post while clapping hands and bringing your knees up high with each step.

3) When ready to retrieve the cache, stare towards the heavens and in a loud voice say, "Are you sure you want me to look under it? Really sure? This won't be like the last time will it?"

4) Then carefully lift the skirt while bending low as if to sneak a quick glimpse of something that might try to get you.

5) Thrust your hands under the skirt to retrieve the cache container and quickly remove it from the lamp post.

6) Clutch the container to your chest while singing your favorite show tune.

7) Return to your cachemobile to sign the log.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you follow the above, nobody in their right mind will stick around you to see what you're doing. You just need to ensure that you've left the area before the police arrive (and they will). :anibad:

HAHAHA OMG! i bet you are right on no one sticking around! wait a min... your not from NYC are you? maybe there are a lot more geocachers in NYC then i thought! i see a LOT of this around here!